Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (4/15/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wait...what?!

So 2014 and 2015 won't be "straight Vintageville"? The 2014 and 2015 lineup won't be just Vintage MOTU and all of the major POP, NA and Filmation characters?

We could still get requested characters like Oo-Larr, 200X Evilseed, Crita or Eldor?
    Best answer i've heard in a while.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I think folks consider the term 'vintage' mostly associated with the 1980's MOTU toyline. I think what they mean is the most wanted POP, NA and Filmation will also be included. In other words it won't just be Two-Bad, Modulok, Ninjor, Rio Blast, Extendar etc...
    This.

PoP and filmation were always on the table for 2014. and I thought he said SOMETHING about Eldor... can't remember the way he phrased it... something like as a prototype he fit more as a vintage then he did a concept....

I still wouldn't hold out hope for the truly obscure yet.
    Last edited by phantom1592; April 16, 2013 at 01:14am.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I think folks consider the term 'vintage' mostly associated with the 1980's MOTU toyline. I think what they mean is the most wanted POP, NA and Filmation will also be included. In other words it won't just be Two-Bad, Modulok, Ninjor, Rio Blast, Extendar etc...
    You know as much as i want vintage motu to be complete, i also want eldor, entrapta, crita, pop and NA. I guess they could cut back on concept figures like red beast etc but i def need eldor. By end of 2014 we should be close to all "vintage" motu guys. By end of 2015 most POP and NA big hitters should be complete, ah just give me more classics goodness
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Good solid answers this month.

I like the idea of Demo-Man in a bottle.

Also really happy to hear that Entrapta is on the table for the next year or so - she always get's overlooked. Hopefully Mara, Crita, Eldor and Oo-Larr feature in the "all star" lineups.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Ugh.

"Fan requested figures" = Scott Neitlich requested figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe its just me, but I've always thought vintage meant any character who had a figure from 1982-1992. That encompasses MOTU, PoP, and NA. Anything else should be considered Modern.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'm a demo man in a bottle baby, you gotta rub me the right way Skelly
    beat me to it!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    This.

PoP and filmation were always on the table for 2014. and I thought he said SOMETHING about Eldor... can't remember the way he phrased it... something like as a prototype he fit more as a vintage then he did a concept....

I still wouldn't hold out hope for the truly obscure yet.
    TG said that obscure Mattel Vault characters like Gygor and the Fighting Foe Men were off the table.

But what about non-80's characters that all the hardcore fans know like Eldor, Oo-Larr, Prahvus or 200X Evilseed or Crita?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    Ugh.

"Fan requested figures" = Scott Neitlich requested figures.
    11 people got the Fighting Foe Men made.
    3 people posting over and over again got Blonde Bikini Teela and the Star Sisters made.

We truly do have the power!!!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Wait...what?!

So 2014 and 2015 won't be "straight Vintageville"? The 2014 and 2015 lineup won't be just Vintage MOTU and all of the major POP, NA and Filmation characters?

We could still get requested characters like Oo-Larr, 200X Evilseed, Crita or Eldor?
    Any Filmation characters like Scorpia would be outside the vintage line, and they have said that major Filmation characters were still on the table for 2014, so this is consistent with what we know. I don't know if that leaves room for Eldor or Mara or other things, though I wouldn't count on anything outside Filmation getting a toy that hadn't had one before. Even so, I hope there's still room for the aforementioned two from POG and NA, as I'd really feel their particular factions would be incomplete without them. At the very least, they have to do Eldor to go with He-Ro's inclusion in the line.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    I took the reply to mean that we should expect the same figure assortment we have been getting each year yet just know that the plan is to have all vintage figures released in the next couple of years.

It does feel very different from what was said in the past year though compared to the answer that was given.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I'm not sure I like that answer about 2014 and 2015. The term "fan requested/demanded" has been thrown out there to justify a lot of the less popular characters in this line. I do appreciate them getting made, but with subscriptions taking a nose-dive this year, I don't want them to jeopardize the future of this line by making more obscure figures. Let's go straight to the top of the list for vintage MOTU, POP, and NA and get them done ASAP. You can leave the others for convention exclusives or one-offs outside of the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    I took the reply to mean that we should expect the same figure assortment we have been getting each year yet just know that the plan is to have all vintage figures released in the next couple of years.

It does feel very different from what was said in the past year though compared to the answer that was given.
    Thats because last year TG wanted you to buy subs.
    This year he'll say the roadmaps back on and if subs don't sell in august we're back to blackmail.
    Been the same way since this line started.
    Happy subbing.

Wait...what?!

OOOOH--I hope so ---hope this means concept character's (He-ro) aren't completely off the map now too.

Heroic Warrior
    The clarification that 2014/15 (if we get 'em) won't be straight vintage makes a lot of sense (at least to me).
    It allows them to release characters who didn't have a figure originally but retain the same level of profile as the characters who did - Madame Razz, Crita, Lord Dactys etc, as well as Darius and Eldor who seem to sit in a grey area between 'concept character' and 'vintage figure' (and Mara of course, whose classification is even more subjective) and be able to turn around and say "we did say that it wasn't going to be COMPLETELY vintage".
    It also allows for the possibility of another fan vote character (because that'll be an obscurity), a variant that wasn't from the 80s/90's lines for conventions and gives them some more leeway for SDCC choices if they think that, say, He-Ro II will sell better to casual convention goers than say Rotar and Twistoid (and it probably would because he looks like He-Man).
    With the amount of vintage figures left (I think it' something like 20 from the Masters of the Universe alone, not counting the Bionosaurs) if they really are as serious as they currently sound about wrapping up two 80's lines in 2 years there is simply no way that the majority of 2015/14 slots cannot go to the two vintage lines and NA characters already produced as a figure.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    A: Strobo will be available at our traveling conventions in 2013 with a small portion also available on Matty.com at the end of the year just like TOD Sorceress was. The EA sale in March was a small bonus above and beyond what we did last year with TOD Sorceress to reward some sub holders with the fig early.
    Am I the only one this answer rubbed the wrong way? Reward *some* sub holders? Why just particular ones? I thought buying into a sub was the only way to get certain "exclusives", and to me this really was a slap in the face. I am not going to get to go to any of these conventions due to travel issues, (I'm simply not close to any of them!), and the fact that when it comes out on mattycollector.com later in the year, if there's another snafu like the one last month... well, you're getting my point.

It just boils my blood that there's now exclusivity within the already-exclusive. WTH is that?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    Am I the only one this answer rubbed the wrong way?
    No, no you weren't. I didn't like that wording as soon as I read it - it's the combination of 'reward' and 'some' - I don't think it was meant the way it reads, it was probably meant more as 'to give subscribers a possible early chance to by the figure as a bonus reward for subscribing' but really, these sort of answers are supposed to be good public relations, so they should check to make sure it actually causes good relations with the public!

Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    No, no you weren't. I didn't like that wording as soon as I read it - it's the combination of 'reward' and 'some' - I don't think it was meant the way it reads, it was probably meant more as 'to give subscribers a possible early chance to by the figure as a bonus reward for subscribing' but really, these sort of answers are supposed to be good public relations, so they should check to make sure it actually causes good relations with the public!
    i honestly thought it was a fine answer. However, given your own personal attitude towards Mattel, TG or the situation it can cloud the intnet of the message. I just saw them explaining it. Heck, I didn't get a strobo and REALLY want one. I know they will be available later though so I am not worried.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

None of the early access items are guaranteed for anybody. As a subscriber you at least have a chance to purchase those items, but again nothing is guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    Am I the only one this answer rubbed the wrong way? Reward *some* sub holders? Why just particular ones? I thought buying into a sub was the only way to get certain "exclusives", and to me this really was a slap in the face. I am not going to get to go to any of these conventions due to travel issues, (I'm simply not close to any of them!), and the fact that when it comes out on mattycollector.com later in the year, if there's another snafu like the one last month... well, you're getting my point.

It just boils my blood that there's now exclusivity within the already-exclusive. WTH is that?
    Seems thats the way the line is going,we were all a happy community,DoS and subbers,and then subbers started wanting exclusivity to everything and now that DoS is done for the subbers who have multiple subs want more than the single subbers,then fans who have ten subs want more than the subbers with multiple subs so on and so forth.....

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i honestly thought it was a fine answer. However, given your own personal attitude towards Mattel, TG or the situation it can cloud the intnet of the message. I just saw them explaining it. Heck, I didn't get a strobo and REALLY want one. I know they will be available later though so I am not worried.
    I didn't read it as a hostile or poorly worded answer either. Clearly there were never going to be enough Strobo's up for grabs at that time for all sub holders and everybody that wanted him. I thought Mattel had made it pretty clear there were just a few up as a bonus. I didn't get a Strobo either but expect I will down the line, not a huge deal.

Likewise they told us before the subs that some figures would have zero DOS this year. They could probably be a bit clearer on why that is exactly but they were up front about it.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    The clarification that 2014/15 (if we get 'em) won't be straight vintage makes a lot of sense (at least to me).
    With the amount of vintage figures left (I think it' something like 20 from the Masters of the Universe alone, not counting the Bionosaurs) if they really are as serious as they currently sound about wrapping up two 80's lines in 2 years there is simply no way that the majority of 2015/14 slots cannot go to the two vintage lines and NA characters already produced as a figure.
    Honestly, if we can just have another 2 full years, 12 annual figures (at least) and some more beasts *cough* Stridor *cough* and **gasp** a vehicle *cough* Battleram*Cough* --Iwill be happy

I'm really not liking Demo-Man's back story.

Apparently being captured by Hordak and merged with Keldor was all he managed to accomplish in his life. What an uninspired character. Such a lame bio to give to such a cool action figure.

I agree with Nemisythe, he should have been Vikor's arch nemesis.

I was thinking about Demo-Man today. () Did Keldor's personality really change when he was "merged" with this other person? Not really. He may have become a little more un-glued, but gaining a skull-face is enough for that.
    I say it was Demo-Man's POWER which Skeletor merged with. Demo-Man himself may be still out there and trying to get it back. That's a much more interesting story to me.

I got the Strobo and didnt even realize how totally special I was. It will be available at the end of the year, just be patient. I learned that with the TOD Soceress last year.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I am all for Hordak being an all powerful mage as shown in MYP as opposed to just the science expert in Filmation.
    While I prefer mage Hordak to the Filmation version, I still have both Hordak types in my canon (excluding stupid rocket Hordak...). Hordak began as a mage and was later infused with a controlable techno virus by Modulok.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I want Saurod!
    You and me both, buddy! One of my most wanted MOTUC figures!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!