Thread: Boston Marathon explosions

Hybrid View

Boston Marathon explosions

CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Yeah it is crazy.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Master of New Adventures!
    The world has gone mad.

Prayers going out for the injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    The world has gone mad.

Prayers going out for the injured.
    that, and we're going to loose our freedom these days with security EVERYWHERE. All thanks to the damn sicko's and terrorists looking to cause trouble..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

If anyone lives in Boston, there are reports of other devices there. One was already detonated by the bomb squad, but another was reported at JFK library. Again, due to the nature of this news breaking it could be wrong, but just in case... it's good to know.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Scary stuff.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

It's very sad.

Snappy Threader
    Absolutely Terrible. I am tired of this sort of thing. Will we ever be free from terrorism?

Master of New Adventures!
    Ironically, just a few hours ago I posted in The Tar Swamp that this North Korea stuff is nonsense and that what we really have to be worried about is lunatic radicals with bombs. It's terribly painful to be right about this. I also posted that what really worries me is radicals bringing bombs made from the Plutonium smuggled out of the former USSR into NYC or San Francisco in shipping containers or on speed boats. How many of those shipping containers are inspected? How many speedboats are stopped for routine inspections by our Coast Guard as they make their way into those harbors? As I've said, that's the stuff that keeps me awake at nights.

So many prayers going out for these innocent people in Boston celebrating Patriots Day.

Madness...sheer madness.

My ten-year old daughter has lived her entire life with America being at war. Maybe it's enough. I feel for people in other countries, but maybe it's time to pull our troops out of every country, stop all foreign aid and use the trillions upon trillions of dollars saved to build high tech shields around Fortress America. I don't know. I'm not smart enough to figure it out. But I do know I'm tired of seeing my fellow Americans die and their mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and orphaned children weep as they bury them. When does it all stop? How do we stop it all?
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; April 15, 2013 at 05:06pm.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Absolutely Terrible. I am tired of this sort of thing. Will we ever be free from terrorism?
    I know how you feel.....If they want to de sensitize us to it, they are doing a good job. Sometimes you just have to turn off the coverage, even if you feel guilty doing something else. It's just getting TOO MUCH!
    Geek Media -

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Please keep in mind that political post need to be made in the tar swamp. I understand this is a delicate situation, but please let's not try to focus on the politics surrounding this event.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Apparently a suspect has been arrested. Some video surveillance from Lord & Taylor showed the suspect placing what looks to be the duffle bag at the second bomb site.

EDIT: Now they're saying no arrest, but everything else (suspect in video surveillance and pictures) still applies.
    Last edited by Tallstar; April 17, 2013 at 02:47pm.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    As with any big story, the networks and papers are rushing to anything that looks like a scoop. I saw a Vanity Fair piece on the New York Post's initial story, and it pointed to the things the Post got right:
    The marathon was in Boston.
    Boston was spelled correctly.
    The mayor and governor were identified correctly.
    The people in the race were called "runners."

The point they were making is that the majority of what we hear in the first days is going to be wrong. A memeber of a House committe told reporters two other unexploded devices had been found; there were none. The web was alight with people screaming for closing our borders when the media said the apartment of a Saudi had been searched; last I heard, he was cleared of any connection. THen there was a suspect in custody, even though there wasn't.

It's going to take a while to actually get the facts straight, and the media has the patience of a 2 year old, so about 90% of what we hear for the next few weeks is probably gong to be inacurate, to say the least.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The FBI Briefing is happening in a few minutes.

EDIT

Video of the two suspects.

Still photos can be found here:

http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-i...ions-in-boston

the general public can be more violent than anything these cowards can think up. maybe we should lock them up with a room of about ten people. if they escape with their head, they get to live.
    Geek Media -