Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon explosions

Boston Marathon explosions

CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Yeah it is crazy.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Master of New Adventures!
    The world has gone mad.

Prayers going out for the injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    The world has gone mad.

Prayers going out for the injured.
    that, and we're going to loose our freedom these days with security EVERYWHERE. All thanks to the damn sicko's and terrorists looking to cause trouble..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

If anyone lives in Boston, there are reports of other devices there. One was already detonated by the bomb squad, but another was reported at JFK library. Again, due to the nature of this news breaking it could be wrong, but just in case... it's good to know.

Scary stuff.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

It's very sad.

Snappy Threader
    Absolutely Terrible. I am tired of this sort of thing. Will we ever be free from terrorism?

Master of New Adventures!
    Ironically, just a few hours ago I posted in The Tar Swamp that this North Korea stuff is nonsense and that what we really have to be worried about is lunatic radicals with bombs. It's terribly painful to be right about this. I also posted that what really worries me is radicals bringing bombs made from the Plutonium smuggled out of the former USSR into NYC or San Francisco in shipping containers or on speed boats. How many of those shipping containers are inspected? How many speedboats are stopped for routine inspections by our Coast Guard as they make their way into those harbors? As I've said, that's the stuff that keeps me awake at nights.

So many prayers going out for these innocent people in Boston celebrating Patriots Day.

Madness...sheer madness.

My ten-year old daughter has lived her entire life with America being at war. Maybe it's enough. I feel for people in other countries, but maybe it's time to pull our troops out of every country, stop all foreign aid and use the trillions upon trillions of dollars saved to build high tech shields around Fortress America. I don't know. I'm not smart enough to figure it out. But I do know I'm tired of seeing my fellow Americans die and their mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and orphaned children weep as they bury them. When does it all stop? How do we stop it all?
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; April 15, 2013 at 05:06pm.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Absolutely Terrible. I am tired of this sort of thing. Will we ever be free from terrorism?
    I know how you feel.....If they want to de sensitize us to it, they are doing a good job. Sometimes you just have to turn off the coverage, even if you feel guilty doing something else. It's just getting TOO MUCH!
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Dirty cowards... They ruined hundreds lives for... for WHAT?
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Horrifying! One of my coworker's brother was running. He is safe, but right now his hotel is a command center.

Obviously thoughts and prayers go out to all involved in this, including first responders.

It so sickening.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    My girlfriend's friend passed the finish line five minutes before it happened.

Talk about an eerie feeling. My mom called me about 3 hours after it happened and said "I need you to come fix my T.V. Last night your dad pressed a random button and I don't have anything...."

Dad had been out working in the yard.

My reply:

"You have no idea Boston is under attack????? Go in the other room and turn on the TV!"

I got chill bumps after I said it. Just one of those things you don't say often....

Anyways....

Considering it was "Patriots Day" and tax day, I have a feeling this was domestic. Time will tell I guess.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Living through 911 I can go off on so many views and opinions, but I won't.

It's just sad that this still happens, whether it's hear or any where else around the world... all this does is destroy lives! And being on this forum meeting so many different people from all walks of life it's a true shame that things like this are a constant form time to time.

I pray for all affected and those who now have their lives traumatically changed forever due to this. I pray for anyone not living in Boston who sees this on the news and are affected and saddened by this. I pray you all that you have the opportunity to live your life to it's completion without it being taken from you.
    (I have a friend in Boston who runs the marathons but she didn't this time around.)
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post

Considering it was "Patriots Day" and tax day, I have a feeling this was domestic. Time will tell I guess.
    I had the same thoughts. No one has owned up to it yet. If it was someone big, wouldn't they have done so by now?
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    This is insane stuff. Prayers going out for the victims and their families.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Middle eastern terror groups are usually pretty quick to take credit for anything, so it's probably domestic this time.

This is so horrible--what the hell is going on?

Sending my prayers, light and love to Boston.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I feel so sad when i saw this on the tv, at first i thought North Korea was starting to send bombs over to the south but then saw Boston on the tv, just sucks.

The other thing that came to mind is that 3 people passed away, so what happens now, America or the FBI will surely find who is responsible and try to hunt them done with a new bill being passed through the senate

If something like that were to happen then i just shake my head at the American government when 28 people died in the recent shooting at the kids school (mainly kids) and gun reform hasnt taken place. I guess you could call the American government terrorists.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

The 8 year old boy killed was identified. His mother has a brain injury and 6 year old sister lost a leg.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/16/us/bos...led/?hpt=hp_c2
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    The 8 year old boy killed was identified. His mother has a brain injury and 6 year old sister lost a leg.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/16/us/bos...led/?hpt=hp_c2
    This sucks on every level. Reminds me of the little girl who was killed when Gabby Giffords was shot. Add in the Newtown killings.......cowards that kill children are the lowest scum on earth.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    The Taliban is already denying involvement in the attack, and it's the same group that did openly admit to trying to bomb NY a few years ago so make of their denial what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    The Taliban is already denying involvement in the attack, and it's the same group that did openly admit to trying to bomb NY a few years ago so make of their denial what you will.
    It feels like a domestic terrorist act, I'm not an expert or anything, but it doesn't feel like the act of an organized external extremist group from the reports. but again, I am in NO means an expert
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Unfortunately, all too much proof that you can't protect against crazy. You can't legislate it away, and you can't control it. Sooner or later, crazy finds a way. It always finds a way, and people suffer for it. All we can do sometimes is pray and stand in solidarity with the victims. It makes us feel impotent, but sometimes that's all we've got.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    It feels like a domestic terrorist act, I'm not an expert or anything, but it doesn't feel like the act of an organized external extremist group from the reports. but again, I am in NO means an expert
    Yeah by now an extremist group would have taken responsibility.