Thread: Introduction

Hybrid View

Keeper of the Chaos Eye Neaves The Wicked's Avatar

Introduction

Hi All, I haven't been to the forums in a long while and since the new ongoing comic is coming out in a couple of days it made me want to stop by and re-introduce myself. My name is Josh and I have been a MOTU fan since 1983, I got castle of grayskull for christmas when I was 4 and it was one of the best presents ever.

Rock On \,,/

Josh
    And you thought Skeletor was dead???

Welcome to the board!

Do you just pick up the MOTU comic or are you a fan of other books?

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help while you are here!
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Heroic Warrior
    Welcome Josh.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Thanks Hammerfall and Midwinter! Hammerfall do you happen to listen to the band Hammerfall?

Midwinter, I am an avid comic reader/collector. I am always trying to enlarge my MOTU comic and publication collection but a lot of it is so high priced that I have been accumilating them little by little but I will eventually gather them all up. I currently have about 20 books on my comic pull. I read a ton of Batman books, love those. To me Batman is the Heavy Metal **** Tracy \,,/ I also read Justice League, Wolverine, Uncanny XForce, and Avengers. I was doing Thor but since the He-Man series is going to be Ongoing Bye Bye Thor

I do have a question about PowerCon, What state is it usually held in? I live in Oklahoma. I watched a youtube video of Alan Oppenheimer and Melendy Britt from one of the Power Con's and it was such an awesome Video makes me really want to go to one! Not to mention my hopes would be to meet Earl Norem, to me his art with He-Man is my Favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by Neaves The Wicked View Post
    Thanks Hammerfall and Midwinter! Hammerfall do you happen to listen to the band Hammerfall?

Midwinter, I am an avid comic reader/collector. I am always trying to enlarge my MOTU comic and publication collection but a lot of it is so high priced that I have been accumilating them little by little but I will eventually gather them all up. I currently have about 20 books on my comic pull. I read a ton of Batman books, love those. To me Batman is the Heavy Metal **** Tracy \,,/ I also read Justice League, Wolverine, Uncanny XForce, and Avengers. I was doing Thor but since the He-Man series is going to be Ongoing Bye Bye Thor

I do have a question about PowerCon, What state is it usually held in? I live in Oklahoma. I watched a youtube video of Alan Oppenheimer and Melendy Britt from one of the Power Con's and it was such an awesome Video makes me really want to go to one! Not to mention my hopes would be to meet Earl Norem, to me his art with He-Man is my Favorite!
    I love comics and for awhile was buying every Marvel and DC comic published each week. I would pick up other publisher's titles if they looked good. I then paired down and was just collecting all DC titles weekly. Now I have a daughter and my wife stopped working so she could stay home with her and that cut my income significantly. Now all I can really afford is to keep up with the Masters of the Universe figures I have been collecting. Once this toyline starts dying down I'll go back to collecting comics again.

PowerCon has been held in California each year, but there is talks that it could be held in NYC. This year's event is in California and tickets are already available.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I hear ya there I love them too!!!! They are crazy addicting! I had 29 books on my pull at one time when I got back into this seriously in 2009 same as you DC and Marvel. Too many books to keep up with! The 20 I have now are because of all the one shot type stuff so in actuality it's probably more like 15 on-going series. DC more so than Marvel right now. I'm a musician and play in a band so it's a constant juggling act for me between music gear and comics I'd love to collect the figures but I'd have to stop comics and at this point I'm not really willing to do that so the figures are just eye candy.

Wow California! I would would sure love to go to that but it might not be for a few years but you never know. I'm actually from the east coast, Delaware to be exact so that would be cool to hit the NYC con if I was back in Delaware for a visit that might be more feasible. Have they ever thought about doing it in Texas by any chance? Or is it because more people are affiliated with MOTU in California?

BTW It's Great to meet another Comic enthusiast here!