Thread: Introduction

Keeper of the Chaos Eye Neaves The Wicked's Avatar

Introduction

Hi All, I haven't been to the forums in a long while and since the new ongoing comic is coming out in a couple of days it made me want to stop by and re-introduce myself. My name is Josh and I have been a MOTU fan since 1983, I got castle of grayskull for christmas when I was 4 and it was one of the best presents ever.

Rock On \,,/

Josh
    And you thought Skeletor was dead???

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Welcome to the board!

Do you just pick up the MOTU comic or are you a fan of other books?

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help while you are here!
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Heroic Warrior
    Welcome Josh.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Thanks Hammerfall and Midwinter! Hammerfall do you happen to listen to the band Hammerfall?

Midwinter, I am an avid comic reader/collector. I am always trying to enlarge my MOTU comic and publication collection but a lot of it is so high priced that I have been accumilating them little by little but I will eventually gather them all up. I currently have about 20 books on my comic pull. I read a ton of Batman books, love those. To me Batman is the Heavy Metal **** Tracy \,,/ I also read Justice League, Wolverine, Uncanny XForce, and Avengers. I was doing Thor but since the He-Man series is going to be Ongoing Bye Bye Thor

I do have a question about PowerCon, What state is it usually held in? I live in Oklahoma. I watched a youtube video of Alan Oppenheimer and Melendy Britt from one of the Power Con's and it was such an awesome Video makes me really want to go to one! Not to mention my hopes would be to meet Earl Norem, to me his art with He-Man is my Favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by Neaves The Wicked View Post
    Thanks Hammerfall and Midwinter! Hammerfall do you happen to listen to the band Hammerfall?

Midwinter, I am an avid comic reader/collector. I am always trying to enlarge my MOTU comic and publication collection but a lot of it is so high priced that I have been accumilating them little by little but I will eventually gather them all up. I currently have about 20 books on my comic pull. I read a ton of Batman books, love those. To me Batman is the Heavy Metal **** Tracy \,,/ I also read Justice League, Wolverine, Uncanny XForce, and Avengers. I was doing Thor but since the He-Man series is going to be Ongoing Bye Bye Thor

I do have a question about PowerCon, What state is it usually held in? I live in Oklahoma. I watched a youtube video of Alan Oppenheimer and Melendy Britt from one of the Power Con's and it was such an awesome Video makes me really want to go to one! Not to mention my hopes would be to meet Earl Norem, to me his art with He-Man is my Favorite!
    I love comics and for awhile was buying every Marvel and DC comic published each week. I would pick up other publisher's titles if they looked good. I then paired down and was just collecting all DC titles weekly. Now I have a daughter and my wife stopped working so she could stay home with her and that cut my income significantly. Now all I can really afford is to keep up with the Masters of the Universe figures I have been collecting. Once this toyline starts dying down I'll go back to collecting comics again.

PowerCon has been held in California each year, but there is talks that it could be held in NYC. This year's event is in California and tickets are already available.

I hear ya there I love them too!!!! They are crazy addicting! I had 29 books on my pull at one time when I got back into this seriously in 2009 same as you DC and Marvel. Too many books to keep up with! The 20 I have now are because of all the one shot type stuff so in actuality it's probably more like 15 on-going series. DC more so than Marvel right now. I'm a musician and play in a band so it's a constant juggling act for me between music gear and comics I'd love to collect the figures but I'd have to stop comics and at this point I'm not really willing to do that so the figures are just eye candy.

Wow California! I would would sure love to go to that but it might not be for a few years but you never know. I'm actually from the east coast, Delaware to be exact so that would be cool to hit the NYC con if I was back in Delaware for a visit that might be more feasible. Have they ever thought about doing it in Texas by any chance? Or is it because more people are affiliated with MOTU in California?

BTW It's Great to meet another Comic enthusiast here!

I used to play too. When I started getting busy with work and college I gave it up. I still have all my old gear, but haven't bought anything new in the past 10 years. Although I might have to break down and buy my daughter a drumset (I played guitar, but she loves the drums and she is already pretty good at 2 yrs old).

I anguished over the toyline and the comics. My wife had to hear me talking about it forever. Every time the new sub comes around the conversation returns and I have to weigh out each side all over again.

I would assume California has been the convention location because it is easy to get guests to show up, easy location that fans are willing to go to, etc... I would reach out to JVS3 in the PowerCon thread (located in the Classics Sub Forum - let me know if you can't find it and I will paste a link) if you want more details though. I am in no way affiliated with the PowerCon so I'm just speaking out of what I have seen or heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Neaves The Wicked View Post
    I hear ya there I love them too!!!! They are crazy addicting! I had 29 books on my pull at one time when I got back into this seriously in 2009 same as you DC and Marvel. Too many books to keep up with! The 20 I have now are because of all the one shot type stuff so in actuality it's probably more like 15 on-going series. DC more so than Marvel right now. I'm a musician and play in a band so it's a constant juggling act for me between music gear and comics I'd love to collect the figures but I'd have to stop comics and at this point I'm not really willing to do that so the figures are just eye candy.

Wow California! I would would sure love to go to that but it might not be for a few years but you never know. I'm actually from the east coast, Delaware to be exact so that would be cool to hit the NYC con if I was back in Delaware for a visit that might be more feasible. Have they ever thought about doing it in Texas by any chance? Or is it because more people are affiliated with MOTU in California?

BTW It's Great to meet another Comic enthusiast here!

HA! That's Awesome!!!! That sucks you weren't able to continue playing man but luckily you do still have all of your gear in case the mood hits you. Gear is so expensive still ha ha ha so you aren't missing anything in that department. Dude you should buy her a drumkit! You can buy half way decent kits for kids these days unlike in the 80's when they all had paper drum heads You can probably get a set for $150.00.

Winter Here is a youtube link video of our Band, We are called Empire Down. I'm the one on the right standing in front of the white Marshall cabinet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxr63qCUxmA

Man it's so crazy to juggle these hobbies always being pulled in one direction or the other. My wife is awesome too man. She is very supportive of it all and listens to all my wants and must haves ha ha I don't know how she does it either since I have trouble myself

Man the CON sounds soooo cool! I'll get in touch with JVS3 and check out that portion of the forum so I can read more about it. Thanks for the help! BTW I'm going for my second time to the Dallas Comic Con this may the big thrill for me is going to be meeting Kevin Conroy the voice of Batman from the Animated Series I can't wait!

Heroic Warrior
    I took HammerFall for my user name because I like their 1st CD and it sounded MOTUish.I'm a fan of comics as well Batman being my favorite but I haven't kept up with the NU52 stuff.

Thanks for the link. Your band is really good. I used to play in a band with a similar sound, but we were more along a sound that was at one time called "thrash". Not even sure if that is a term used any more.

Good to hear that your wife is on board. My wife actually gave me two rooms in our house so I can't complain. I have my "toy room / comic room / office" (since I work from home) and then I have a room with all my musical instruments in it and all set up in case the mood strikes me.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFall View Post
    I took HammerFall for my user name because I like their 1st CD and it sounded MOTUish.I'm a fan of comics as well Batman being my favorite but I haven't kept up with the NU52 stuff.
    Very Cool! I saw Hammerfall open for Death in philly many moons ago, Awesome Show! Hell yeah another Batman fan! Batman Rules! You might check out ZERO YEAR. It's a story line that starts this June. It's more about Batman becoming Batman. Like how he built the batcave stuff they have never talked about. It will be only in the Batman solo title so no tie in's. \,,/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Thanks for the link. Your band is really good. I used to play in a band with a similar sound, but we were more along a sound that was at one time called "thrash". Not even sure if that is a term used any more.

Good to hear that your wife is on board. My wife actually gave me two rooms in our house so I can't complain. I have my "toy room / comic room / office" (since I work from home) and then I have a room with all my musical instruments in it and all set up in case the mood strikes me.

No Prob,Thanks for the compliment They are a Great bunch of dudes! Killer man, do you have any music up online anywhere? Thrash is a term heavily used by all of us in the band since we all love Megadeth,Slayer \,,/ Plus we are all about Metal so anything that is british,scandinavian,80's,90's. We do not play any modern radio stuff.

2 rooms! Awesome! We are lucky dudes to have ladies like we do! I have a music room since I also play drums so I have to have the space now my comics are in our bedroom now I have been known though to read many a book in the music room since there is no kid traffic. Kids get to play music when I'm not reading.

Brassy Baroness
    On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, Neaves The Wicked!! We're very glad to have you join our site hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting here when you have an opportunity. Most of them are pretty easy to follow.

We hope you really enjoy your time here! Welcome!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Heroic Warrior
    That show sounded awesome indeed.I'll keep an eye out for Zero Year the last Batman I read was the Forensic Files of Batman its a year one type of story about his early cases from a scientific point of veiw.So who's your favorite of Batman's Rouges?

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Welcome to He-Man.org! Hope you enjoy your time here
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFall View Post
    That show sounded awesome indeed.I'll keep an eye out for Zero Year the last Batman I read was the Forensic Files of Batman its a year one type of story about his early cases from a scientific point of veiw.So who's your favorite of Batman's Rouges?
    It was very cool! Have you been to any good shows lately? Wow Forensic Files huh? I'll have to check that out, sounds cool. Ok Favorite Rogue has to be The Joker, but all of his Rogues are Awesome. Villains give these characters purpose and Batman's are always keeping him busy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, Neaves The Wicked!! We're very glad to have you join our site hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting here when you have an opportunity. Most of them are pretty easy to follow.

We hope you really enjoy your time here! Welcome!
    Thanks Judith \,,/ Speaking of Princess of Power I was able to get the She-Ra variant for MOTU #1 last night online. My LCBS did not have it though since they did not order the 25 copies of the regular #1 to get it. I will be sure to read the rules and abide by them.

Thanks again for the Welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Welcome to He-Man.org! Hope you enjoy your time here
    Thanks MOTU MANIAC!

Heroic Warrior
    I haven't been to any concerts since 2000 I just don't have the time for that anymore.I have to agree the Joker is Batman's ultimate Rouge I'm kind of a fan of Two-Face as well.

I hear ya man. There just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything you used to love to do and everything that goes on today as well. Love that Joker

Two face is cool too, You never know where the coin is going to land with him. He can surprise you from time to time or he'll just shoot ya LOL

Heroic Warrior
    I checked out your bands video you guys are pretty good,do you practice alot ? Because you guys are pretty tight sound wise.I dig that about TwoFace but I'm itching to find out why the Joker is wearing his face as a mask.I saw the new DC figure of Joker its a whole new level of creepy even for The Joker.

Welcome on board!