Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazing Spider-Man 2 official thread

Evil Master of Warcraft

Amazing Spider-Man 2 official thread

I really enjoyed the reboot. I saw some pics today of Jamie Fox as Electro and all I could think was "Mr. Freeze".

Gallery at SuperHeroHype
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I knew they were going with the Ultimate version as soon as he was casted.

His traditional green and yellow says "electric guy", but Marvel was trying to change that costume for years.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I'd still like to see Paul Giamatti as the Rhino as I find that casting way more strange than Foxx as Electro Smurf!!!!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I'd still like to see Paul Giamatti as the Rhino as I find that casting way more strange than Foxx as Electro Smurf!!!!
    I have to confess, I'm really curious to see what Giamatti looks like as Rhino, because when I heard about that bit of casting I was really taken aback. Not at all what I would have imagined.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    I am not liking the electro-smurf thing but I will still see the movie.

That looks terrible

But then I thought the first ASM movie was terrible so at least it is terribly consistent
    Last edited by wolfsfang; April 16, 2013 at 01:59pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    That looks terrible

But then I thought the first AMS movie was terrible so at least it is terribly consistent
    lol...it really wasn't very good was it.....

I think that Foxx's skin shall be digitally animated in the same fashion as Reynold's Green Lantern suit was.
    Giamatti's Rhino is quite intriguing as well, maybe it'd be similar to what Jeff Bridges wore as Iron Monger (part physical suit, part digital)
    I'm more concerned about Chris Cooper as an eventual Green Goblin.

I like the new return to the classics Spidey suit though
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    I had never even seen the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon so I was completely shocked when I saw the pictures. (pun intended)

I can understand why Marc Webb made the choice, but I don't really like the look of it. If they wanted that look they probably should have just made him a 3d character becaues the makeup looks terrible.

Update: Just saw Rhanen's post. That would make sense since the make up looks so bad.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    lol...it really wasn't very good was it.....
    I thought it was MUCH better than the Raimi movies...

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Yeah, I did too.

Heroic Warrior
    I like all the spiderman movies but I have had problems with aspects of everyone of them so I am just hoping this one will be good.

Check this out true believers... I'll set it as a spoiler cause it could be a major plot point

It is pretty much the same outfit Gwen sported on "The Amazing Spider-Man 121"
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    This could be better than the first and more thrilling this time.

Who here has seen the teasers?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Looks like more crap, and exactly how Sony botched Raimi's Spider-Man 3. Here let's toss a crap load more villians into the mix. Lessee here, Rhino, Electro and Goblin? Give me a break.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Warrior
    Is that Hobgoblin?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    I am interested in this movie especially after I saw the preview trailers.

I wasn't a fan of the first one. It was a HUGE step down from the Raimi movies IMO.

I will though say that the new trailers have me excited about the movie. I actually want to see it now.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Looks like more crap, and exactly how Sony botched Raimi's Spider-Man 3. Here let's toss a crap load more villians into the mix. Lessee here, Rhino, Electro and Goblin? Give me a break.
    Apparently Rhino is barely in the movie so I would still give it a chance. I'm sure it will be awesome.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    While there were a few small aspects of ASM that I would argue as better and more accurate than the Raimi movies (the webshooters, the banter with criminals), overall I liked the first two Raimi movies MUCH, MUCH better than ASM.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Court Magician
    I agree, this movie looks like a flustercluck...nothing about it has impressed me other than the quips from Spidey. This is from the same hacks who wrote the Transformers movies and Into Darkenss so I'm not expecting anything rock solid. Am I also the only one who fails to see the chemistry between Andrew and Emma? Their characters are so damn boring and uninspired.

The Raimi movies are objectivly terrible and don't hold up at all anymore, and the first ASM movie didnt get any character right in the slightest and toyed about with the origin and format too much. I've yet to watch one Spider-Man movie that has ever properly 'nailed" the voice and attiudes of every character and it seems my quest for such a movie will continue.

I watched ASM 2 and I can say that is very good movie. It has some flaws, but I liked it. I'll try to comment everything spoilers free if feasible.

It is odd, if you are a comic fan, you have a quite uncomfortable sensation the whole movie, in the same way of what was coming ahead at "DKR" confrontation between Batman & Bane. I won't say any further.

I was quite surprised that they made Electro a frightening foe. A sort of underdog going megalomaniac; or pretty much the same plot used in "The Incredibles" with Syndrome. Electro fight scene at Times Square with Spidey is impressive. However, Foxx personification is nothing out of the extraordinary. Sound and visual effects makes him frightening, not him so much.

On the weak points, Rhino & Green Goblin. Rhino is absolutely there to hint Sinister Six. Just that and nothing more.
    Sadly, GG pose as an interesting part of Peter's past and excellently performed by DeHaan, not comic book Harry, actually more Norman; but everything was presented kinda rushy. There's a lot to explore in their antagonism, but the whole "I hate Spidey/Peter" it is exposed in two simplistic, 90's "Batman & Robin" scenes. It is a pity cause for every fan, it should be Spidey's most important confrontation.
    Regarding enemies, it still misses a great interpretation of them on the screen. The former trilogy had very bad enemies design, and even with extremely excellent FX's, in this movie foes fall short as a visual impact threat. Rhino even looks stupid on the screen.

On the other hand, Spidey looks really amazing. If you choose only one movie to watch in 3D this year, and unless "Gravity 2" premieres out of the nowhere in the upcoming months, choose this one.

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    On the other hand, Spidey looks really amazing. If you choose only one movie to watch in 3D this year, and unless "Gravity 2" premieres out of the nowhere in the upcoming months, choose this one.
    You must be crazy saying something like this only four months into the year, what with Godzilla, GOTG, Transformers 4, and all the others coming out LOL

You must be crazy saying something like this only four months into the year, what with Godzilla, GOTG, Transformers 4, and all the others coming out LOL
    I was with you till you brought up Bayformers...then your credibility hit the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I was with you till you brought up Bayformers...then your credibility hit the floor.
    Sorry, I included it only because of the typical Bayformers spectacle of mind-numbing CGI action and the fact that Bay allegedly used those super-duper 4K/6K 3D cameras. LOL Otherwise, Bay and his movies belong in a smelting pit.