Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Ongoing #1 Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Ongoing #1 Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

Well...there was no Mattycollector.com advertisement in this one.

SPOILER SPACE

• Adam transforming to Yellow Cross He-Man is more of a power-up now, since people know that he's Yellow Cross He-Man. Adam runs off because of the energy from the transformation takes up alot of space.

• Teela knows of Adora, but her own brother didn't? That's strange...the last time anyone on Eternia saw Adora, she was a baby...

• Adora only wants approval from her "father", but Hordak shuts her down.

• Teela stripping down to her undies in the hallway? I guess I get her father and she's best friends with Adam, but she's that familiar with Dekker too? It think his "That was interesting" line spoke of his surprise.

• Glad to see Dekker hanging out with his peeps. I wonder if we'll see Rohad one day? I've always been a proponent of MAA having more than one teacher. Dekker probably taught him battle skills, while Rohad taught him about science.

• I guess they are trying to distance Teela emotionally from the Sorceress, since Teela is unaware that the Sorceress was her mother. She didn't know that they shared the same name until her funeral. Teela even dislikes magic users (I guess Orko didn't help).

• Yellow Cross He-Man's code: He won't kill a woman unless she tries to kill him first. LOL!

• Teela has always been portrayed as fiery, but she is exceptionally bloodthirsty here..."So, who are we killing?", "Talking to...her? Kill her!", It has come...to that! Kill her! Pretend she's a guy!"

• Teela does raise an interesting point...the Sorceress might not be dead at all.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    • Teela knows of Adora, but her own brother didn't? That's strange...the last time anyone on Eternia saw Adora, she was a baby...
    Maybe the Sorceress transferred her "essence" into Teela, and she had a vision/dream of adult Adora.
    Maybe Teela didn't really dye her hair. Maybe it magically turned that way when Sorceress transferred her essence.

Anyhow, what are those humanoid looking things supposed to be at the bottom of Hordak's body? Is he draining the life force out of them? Is it a nod to the energy draining device in SOTS?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Love it,love it ,love it.

I think that is not SOTS reboot , that happened before and hordak recaptured Adora again, just is pure speculation.

Teela is very bold haha,love her .

if I remember the sword of power falls into the abyss along with Skeletor in the last miniseries number or not?
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

I thought it was super fun to read. Sure looks like Teela's face was drawn to resemble the red headed woman from Mad Men... Intentional or not I'm fine with that.

I read this on my iPad. Great read. I get the feeling that there is more to Teela than meets the eye. Still wondering how they will handle Orko...

Heroic Warrior
    ugg....artwork is poor... story sounds weird. No interest in buying or reading these comics; dont care to read someone elses version of what MOTU is to them. Don't need it.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    it was an interesting start. im glad they finally got rid of the stupidity of blonde teela, but seriously the costume design still sucks and sucks hard
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

I thought artwork was pretty nice, artist knew how to do good expressions on people's faces. Story was fun enough, we see what is to come.

Heroic Warrior
    Finished reading it.

I agree that the flow is better here, but have to say, that I'm not a fan of dead children in comics.

Widget
    I just read the comic and I think it was great. Teela was a spitfire, haha! Interesting that Teela knew about Adora.

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    im glad they finally got rid of the stupidity of blonde teela, but seriously the costume design still sucks and sucks hard
    Stupidity?! I'm glad they gave a nod to real MOTU history by having Teela as a natural blonde before she dyed her hair red.

It annoys me to no end when we get a #1 that continues a prior story with no recap panels or plot devices to fill people in. If you're continuing from the middle of an active story, don't call it a #1.

As is, partly because of that and partly because of the poor narrative flow, I'm out. Once again.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Is there anywhere that gives a summary of what happened in the mini series so Im all caught up?

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    http://ifanboy.com/wp-content/upload...l-665x1024.jpg

Well...there was no Mattycollector.com advertisement in this one.

SPOILER SPACE

• Adam transforming to Yellow Cross He-Man is more of a power-up now, since people know that he's Yellow Cross He-Man. Adam runs off because of the energy from the transformation takes up alot of space.

• Adora only wants approval from her "father", but Hordak shuts her down.

• Teela stripping down to her undies in the hallway? I guess I get her father and she's best friends with Adam, but she's that familiar with Dekker too? It think his "That was interesting" line spoke of his surprise.

• Glad to see Dekker hanging out with his peeps. I wonder if we'll see Rohad one day? I've always been a proponent of MAA having more than one teacher. Dekker probably taught him battle skills, while Rohad taught him about science.

• I guess they are trying to distance Teela emotionally from the Sorceress, since Teela is unaware that the Sorceress was her mother. She didn't know that they shared the same name until her funeral. Teela even dislikes magic users (I guess Orko didn't help).

• Yellow Cross He-Man's code: He won't kill a woman unless she tries to kill him first. LOL!

• Teela has always been portrayed as fiery, but she is exceptionally bloodthirsty here..."So, who are we killing?", "Talking to...her? Kill her!", It has come...to that! Kill her! Pretend she's a guy!"

• Teela does raise an interesting point...the Sorceress might not be dead at all.
    • Agreed, seems like a nice new nuance. Harnessing the power for battle so that we still get the "adolescent Adam" angle
    • Teela is in line to become the next Sorceress of Grayskull....... whether Teela-Na has touched her or is guiding her or if she has the inherent clairvoyance it doesn't matter. I think it's clear she will be "knowing" things of note quite often in this canon.
    • I really like this angle
    • I felt like she was doing this for shock value. Rebellious young girl trying to get her Father's goat.
    • I like the decision to be all inclusive and use characters etc. from all canons/era's
    • I noticed that she was caught off guard when she realized that they shared a name, this will come back to be a major plat point I'm sure.
    • ........................ Campy.
    • This is certainly not Filmation, this is a much darker take on the mythos and I, for one, love it.
    • I had not entertained the idea but it certainly seems possible.

Finally, I have not super active here in the past year, where did you come up with "Yellow Cross"?

Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post
    Finally, I have not super active here in the past year, where did you come up with "Yellow Cross"?
    I get the name "Yellow Cross He-Man" from a blog called The Book Report. The guy who runs it did reviews on almost every MOTU book, comic book, read-along, Ladybird, Golden Book and mini-comic from Pre-Filmation up until now, even the new DC Comics.

He calls New 52 DC He-Man "Yellow Cross" He-Man and I've continued it's use here, to instantly differentiate this new DC Comic He-Man from the others.

Widget
    I agree that this didn't read like a true "first" issue, since it picked up right where the mini left off. Kinda leaves any new readers clueless for half the issue. Overall though I liked it and think this take has a lot of potential. Looking forward to seeing more of the Masters and Hordak in his armor.

The art is also quite good. That shot of Eternos was fantastic.

My full review:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...%3Ddb_articles

read it, and was entertained...Teela stole the show!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

The art looked good, the story flowed well, the characters felt right, and it had a transformation sequence! The look on my face in the mall food court when I got to that page must have been so goofy. It gave me the biggest smile... I can't complain at all. I'm not a comic guy so I don't know where this rates in terms of the general quality of comic books, but I enjoyed the heck out of it. I'm so happy MOTU is back!

There is a HUGE ad campaign in all of the "New 52" comics this month with a pullout front cover. Roughly half of those are for Matty Collector, including many of their biggest titles such as Justice League. While it's a bit odd there is nothing in the MOTU #1 this is really fantastic exposure in books which, let's face it, sell far more than MOTU.

As for this book I though it was the best new DC MOTU comic we've had thus far. Really terrific story and setting up some interesting things. Can't wait to see Despara battle the Prince of Power in future issues!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Is it possible that Teela Na went to Teelas body?

They merged in the mini comic TALE OF TEELA(as most of us know... ) and she said it felt glorious(her own words) being whole again but He-Man was afraid that this could happen agian and than it could be forever and Teela wont be Teela again.

In the new comic she appears with red hair but doesn΄t want to talk about it and later on when they talk about the possibility that the Sorceress may have transferred her mind into another being Adam says she has been a bird before and Teela says a red bird.

But no matter what, how she knows Adora is a mystery. Since she was stolen as a baby and no one has ever seen her since?!?
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I get the name "Yellow Cross He-Man" from a blog called The Book Report. The guy who runs it did reviews on almost every MOTU book, comic book, read-along, Ladybird, Golden Book and mini-comic from Pre-Filmation up until now, even the new DC Comics.

He calls New 52 DC He-Man "Yellow Cross" He-Man and I've continued it's use here, to instantly differentiate this new DC Comic He-Man from the others.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...se_Vol_1_6.jpg
    Ahh, thx Brother.

Widget
    [QUOTE=the_ultimate_evil;3245942]it was an interesting start. im glad they finally got rid of the stupidity of blonde teela, but seriously the costume design still sucks and sucks hard[/QUOTE

I wish they would have kept blonde teela 'cause i loved that nod to the original Teela concept

It's very funny to read posts from "the new people" interested in MOTU on DC FB page or He-Man FB page ,"is Hordak a female?" "not ,she is Aurora ,He-Man sister" and thing like that haha , I love it .By the way this took a lot "like" in a few hours.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by NSP View Post
    Is there anywhere that gives a summary of what happened in the mini series so Im all caught up?
    Um...yeah. Read issues 1-6 of the mini series! That should get you caught up!

Keeper of the Chaos Eye Neaves The Wicked's Avatar
    I picked up my Copies of MOTU #1 tonight and I really enjoyed it. I'm happy just being able to read a current He-Man comic so no complaints here. I cracked up at the Royal Rooster comment and I'm glad the Teela & Adam banter continued in the same fashion from the mini series , pretty seemless I thought. I can't wait to be into this book about 10 issues from now, Hopefully we will have the longest running He-man comic with this run by DC. I wonder when and how Orko is going to show up? Lot's of questions.... I'm going to re-read the mini, origins, and re-read #1 tomorrow since waiting for Issue #2 is gonna kill me
    And you thought Skeletor was dead???