Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Ongoing #1 Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    it was a good read but the art could use some touching up

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That's too funny! I seriously lol'd at "attacks femininity."

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I really enjoyed the new comic. It seems really interesting and I found Teela's exchanges with Adam really funny.

I will say that I find it odd that Teela recognises Adam's sister, but Adam himself doesn't appear to. Teela's own eagerness to kill an enemy matched with He-man own reluctance to fight a woman did both seem a bit odd. I can understand He-man being a bit shy about fighting one, but there seemed like a total reluctance you wouldn't expect from someone who has been in many battles and fought people like Evil-Lyn. Teela being more gung-ho about it seemed more like an exaggeration of her character. They're little niggles, nothing really worrying though. Maybe in the context of issue 2 they won't look so weird.

Also, the Teela stripping to her underwear was a bit odd. Maybe it was just to emphasis her brash, overeager attitude or maybe it's to highlight that on DC's Eternia some things are a bit different and what we saw wasn't such a big deal to Eternians (though I doubt that is the case, I'm just pondering the possibilities).

I'll say more later, but this is just my first thoughts after reading the comic. In short I'm glad this is much better than the six issue mini-series and the origin stories and I can't wait for more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

The comic wasn't too bad. I don't really like the personality they are giving Teela, though. She's got way too much attitude in my opinion. She can be a strong female character and not have to be a ****. That is my main gripe. Otherwise I'm liking the first issue pretty well.

I finally got my subscription copy in the mail yesterday and tore right into it before I even made it into my house.
    I actually kinda loved it. Moved along at a brisk pace, and definitely feels like it's going places they haven't gone before in MOTU. I also loved that the Zoar icon not only looks like a bird, it resembles both the "H" for He-Man and is also sort of shaped like She-Ra's tiara. Pretty cool, if that was their intention. I also didn't mind so much that Teela is being portrayed as someone not trusting of magic- she's very practical and no b.s. in this new era, so I can see her relying on her senses and her skills as a warrior- someone good with both fists and swords, and not having one bit of patience for mages as she probably thinks them all flakes. This will no doubt make for some fun and entertaining character stuff when Teela comes to the realization that she is the Sorceress' own daughter and heir to the role as Sorceress of Grayskull. Hoo-boy! I also feel like they've set it up so that Teela, without knowing it, is already possessed of the deceased Sorceress' knowledge and essence- which I'm guessing is how she recognized Adora for who she was. This ought to be a fun ride.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I finally got my subscription copy in the mail yesterday and tore right into it before I even made it into my house.
    I actually kinda loved it. Moved along at a brisk pace, and definitely feels like it's going places they haven't gone before in MOTU. I also loved that the Zoar icon not only looks like a bird, it resembles both the "H" for He-Man and is also sort of shaped like She-Ra's tiara. Pretty cool, if that was their intention. I also didn't mind so much that Teela is being portrayed as someone not trusting of magic- she's very practical and no b.s. in this new era, so I can see her relying on her senses and her skills as a warrior- someone good with both fists and swords, and not having one bit of patience for mages as she probably thinks them all flakes. This will no doubt make for some fun and entertaining character stuff when Teela comes to the realization that she is the Sorceress' own daughter and heir to the role as Sorceress of Grayskull. Hoo-boy! I also feel like they've set it up so that Teela, without knowing it, is already possessed of the deceased Sorceress' knowledge and essence- which I'm guessing is how she recognized Adora for who she was. This ought to be a fun ride.
    That sums up my feelings. And I also thought that to be the explanation of why Teela recognized Adora. Interesting to see how the story evolves.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback