Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Ongoing #1 Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Buys comic. Makes cup of tea. Settles down for a great read. Reads. Comic over by second sip of tea.

Nonetheless, do very much liked the setting, the story so far, the action, the alternative take on the MOTU Universe, the unanswered questions and the banter between Teela / Adam. Expect to be back for the second comic to see what happens next.

Overall, two things stick in my mind about the ending:
    1. Why did Despara not kill Teela with the energy blast from her staff? She did after all instruct her troopers to kill all those who did not surrender, right? Is Teela more powerful than she looks and able to withstand energy blasts that would normally kill others? Does she already possess some of the Sorceress’s powers? Alternatively, is Despara adopting a more gentle nature in the presence of a handsome powerful barbarian hunk, like He-Man? Or is Despara slowly turning into Adora/She-Ra in the presence of her brother who is radiating all that energy?
    2. If Teela knows Despara is Adora, does Despara know who Adora is? If so, will Despara realise that He-Man is her brother and that Hordak has deceived her into trying to kill her family? Surely, she must think for herself given her leadership position in the Horde and realise that Hordak is not her real father and she came from somewhere else? If not, will she believe Teela recognises her and will this sow another seed of doubt in her mind about her origin…….
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    1) Teela doesn't say she hates the Sorceress. She just doesn't like her very much.
    2) Teela doesn't revel in killing. She just tries to get He-Man to fight a powerful enemy before she stops monologueing. She's just genre savvy.
    3) Teela stripping down in front of Adam, Duncan and Dekker informs character! She just doesn't care what others think about her. Considering that her normal costume is probably more revealing than her underwear I doubt one can argue this is the exploitative scene.

Also: We do not know how much of the strange behaviour of Teela comes from the essence of the Sorcress being transferred into her body...
    To answer just in regards to my own post:
    1) Eh, this is splitting hairs to me (hate, strongly dislike, close enough) and that it is a mysterious attitude in contrast to how everyone else seems to feel about the Sorceress. I think we're supposed to wonder about it.
    2) She wants to kill the enemy and ask questions later, which to me is blood thirsty, even though I'd say it was righteous considering she wanted to kill a clearly hostile attacker.
    3) I don't disagree, although no denying it was provocative on the part of the storytellers too.
    RE the Sorceress's influence on all of this, I am sure that could be an answer, though I hope there's more to it still since everyone has guessed that just about.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yeah, that's the bad part about a new guy. On the other hand, a guy who isn't a hardcore fan sees things from a fresh perspective and can introduce new ideas, rather than keep relying on older, more established ideas.
    I'll agree with this. Keith Giffen is an amazing and solid comics storyteller, and I for one can't wait to see what he will come up with. I hope he has a good long run. His approach my be offputting to old-school fans, I agree, but I don't know... The fact that he's mixing it up a bit is exciting. There will always be the old stories. And there will be stories after these tales are told. Like what you like, don't like what you don't like. But man, I'm liking this.
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Heroic Warrior
    With due respect, Teela tells He-Man to "kill it" -referring to Despera; not fight it; kill it. She opens with "So who are we killing?" I'm afraid that sounds rather like revelling in killing to me.

And - do we thus far have any proof of the assertion that the essence of the Sorceress is now transferring to Teela? I suspect that you may well be right - that her stated anti-mage stance is a heavy-handed dose of dramatic irony to set us up for this - but, as yet, that isn't an assertion that can necessarily be used to defend her actions - which I find reprehensible - and most certainly deeply unsympathetic.

Personally, I would expect the Eternian elites to show more by way of manners and decency than to jest and prod one another during the course of a memorial service for a woman who - after all - gave her life for the Power, Eternia and for He-Man; but, then, as an officer in the armed forces I do tend to feel somewhat strongly about such things, having attended a great many such services. Some of them for my own men. But - do try to imagine Princes William or Harry acting like this supposed Prince Adam under such circumstances. And neither of them - to the best of my knowledge - has access to the Power to become a - well - "hero" (as yellow cross He-Man allegedly is.) No, they just have to serve like the rest of us - only under far less favourable circumstances - given who they are. Not easy - but I can vouch personally that their manners are superb.

Not so this Adam. Not to mention his casual aside - "she's fine" when failing to stir himself to assist his - supposed - lifelong friend under a burning obstacle. So much for chivalry. Or manners - or decency. But, personally, I tend to have higher expectations of the sons of high birth and privilege.

No wonder so many of us appear to want the Horde to win....

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that's the bad part about a new guy. On the other hand, a guy who isn't a hardcore fan sees things from a fresh perspective and can introduce new ideas, rather than keep relying on older, more established ideas.
    You are entirely right, of course; but I don't see - personally - that a new writer on an established genre is exonerated from the need to produce tales that have due depth and appropriate resonance, which satisfy as tales per se - and show both sympathy and understanding for the material. If this is not the case, then why not create a completely new world that is a completely blank canvas without a cargo weight of prior expectations? It happens all the time.

The problem is that these stories don't compel in their own right - as KedlortheAccursed says above - they feel hollow, lacking in depth - and, to me at least, this shows the folly (and hubris) of trying to recreate a world that is already in existence in the popular imagination. Scant point, I'd say, in reinventing the wheel - especially when the new model proves to be square....

What impresses me most is the skill of a writer like Staples in extracting new and contextually whole - and exciting - stories from within the existing canon - by adjusting with subtle grace and rendering new within the framework; I see no such skill here - or even understanding - or even restraint and editorial control. I only wish that I did.

This is Keith Giffen lite. There's really no doubt in my mind about that. Having read and enjoyed his past work, I feel zero passion for this project coming through on the page. I hate to say it, but that's honestly how I feel. I don't really mind the aesthetic changes. In fact, I'd say it's gotten MUCH better on that score, except for Hordak. But there is something so fundamentally off about these characters, it might as well be called Zornon and the Protectors of the Galaxy. Grittier/more violent. Fine. Juvenile displays of flesh? Silly, but hardly uncommon for DC. But when it's to the point where the characters don't even feel like anyone we know except in name only? That's my issue, here.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    This isn't the other Teelas. The world of Yellow Cross He-Man is different, such as people knowing that Adam transforms into He-Man.
    True, but I don't like this Teela so far.

So what do we call the MOTU equivalent of Women in Refridgerators?
    Beheaded Broads? I think that would stand out.

I think if it was She-Ra, she would have kept the winged tiara.

But...Teela and She-Ra do have similar hair (if Teela is Blonde), similar clothing colors (white and gold), have similar weapons (jeweled 200X Sword and shield) and even similar steeds (Charger and Swiftwind are both unicorns, although Swiftwind has wings). If we had a creative team that was more..."reverent" of the history of MOTU like the MVCreations guys, then we could have had a nice little scene or issue leading up to the change. Blonde Teela is walking around and people call her She-Ra, while She-Ra is walking around and everyone calls her Teela. They fight a villain and then after a discussion and a laugh about their similarities, Teela decides to change her hair.

I believe that Giffen or better yet, DC editorial, probably never gave a reason for the change because they think that the change was so silly, so they never bothered to explain it. But they do have fun with it all issue. For that, I DO think the change might have been because of the fanbase preferring Teela to be redhaired. That must have been the #1 complaint about the new comic on our forums alone. The writing goes out of it's way to poke fun at the fact that she's a red head now and that it's strange, probably because Teela in that world was blonde up until this time.
    It's true. I LOVE the 200X Teela sword, but it does bother me it looks SO similar to She-Ra's...when blonde Teela does have a unicorn charger (sometimes just a horse). I like when both women are very distinctly different, instead of interchangeable. So, I hope DC will do a good job there, at least. I'm sure She-Ra will be MUCH kinder than blood-thirsty Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Yeah why is Adam not He- Man at all times now?
    Maybe it takes too much power to be He-Man continuously?

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Ugh! I still don't have mine today!!!! What is up with the subscription?
    I got my sub comic today! It was delivered to my Ontario, Canada address. I hope everyone else gets theirs soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    That's all well and good, but this Teela is a hateful, blood thirsty b-word. Despara could lop her head off and I wouldn't care. And that is an issue, because normally I'm a Teela fan.
    FULLY agreed, and I loves me some Teela (red headed Teela ).

If people say Teela was a multi-faceted character in Filmation I cannot really follow: What different facets were there in Filmation?
    - Captain of the Royal Guard
    - LOYAL daughter and friend
    - Trainer and protector of Prince Adam
    - Graceful and intelligent
    - Skilled in tracking and technical stuff (fixing and creating gadgets in the lab)
    - She went to Eternia University (she's a scholar) and had a semi-love interest (he was more of a friend that was obsessed with her)
    - Very emotional arc when she desperately wants to know more about her mother.

There's more, but those are the big ones.

In my opinion, it takes a lot to describe Filmation's well-rounded Teela. DC's Teela can be described in four words: angry, nearly-naked, bloodthirsty.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

When does the DC sub ship?

I thought it started this month, I mean the issue is out, why is it that I don't have it when I subscribed? I should already have it shouldn't I?
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I really enjoyed this issue and am looking forward to see how this plays out. It seems DC is planting the seeds for their next arc, or maybe the next origins comic, regarding Teela and the Sorceress. It's cool to see DC taking elements from all parts of MOTU lore and it seems they may have merged Horde Prime and Hordak into one character. I guess the Hordak one-shot next month will shed more light on that.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    If people say Teela was a multi-faceted character in Filmation I cannot really follow: What different facets were there in Filmation?
    But here's the problem when comparing that Teela with any other version...we know more about Filmation Teela than any other version since that Teela was in like 90 some episodes of the original cartoon.

We know a third about MYP Teela.
    We know a fraction about Pre-Filmation Teela.
    We know even less about 1987 movie Teela or NA Teela.

DC's modern Teela has only been around less than 10 issues. We don't know much about her or her version of her history. This version of Eternia is obviously a much rougher place.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

But here's the problem when comparing that Teela with any other version...we know more about Filmation Teela than any other version since that Teela was in like 90 some episodes of the original cartoon.

We know a third about MYP Teela.
    We know a fraction about Pre-Filmation Teela.
    We know even less about 1987 movie Teela or NA Teela.

DC's modern Teela has only been around less than 10 issues. We don't know much about her or her version of her history. This version of Eternia is obviously a much rougher place.
    As time goes on, Teela seems to get *****ier. In Filmation she sometimes had a temper, in 200X I remember people saying how they didn't like teenager Teela (she seemed like a spoiled brat and was always on Adam's case) and now DC Teela's almost out of control. It's like...evolution, but with bad temperament.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MLHumble View Post
    I'll agree with this. Keith Giffen is an amazing and solid comics storyteller, and I for one can't wait to see what he will come up with. I hope he has a good long run. His approach my be offputting to old-school fans, I agree, but I don't know... The fact that he's mixing it up a bit is exciting. There will always be the old stories. And there will be stories after these tales are told. Like what you like, don't like what you don't like. But man, I'm liking this.
    I don't deny he can be good in other contexts - but not here. He seems to be trying to shove MotU into the usual DC straightjacket - Blood-and-Banter (with strong overtones of misanthropy/misogyny) - but the material is far too well known - and has been done before - and far better too - by writers like Staples who were committed to this world and understood it. Hence the poverty of Giffen's vision for Eternia - a fundamentally nasty place where we are brought to favour the Horde because the so-called "good" (here an arbitrary term devoid of meaningful substance) are so utterly unsympathetic and unlikeable.

The essence of MotU is the fight betwen good and evil; if we can't tell the difference - or care about it - then what is the point of the stories? Any writer who loses sight of this is not doing a good job. Not at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    This is Keith Giffen lite. There's really no doubt in my mind about that. Having read and enjoyed his past work, I feel zero passion for this project coming through on the page. I hate to say it, but that's honestly how I feel. I don't really mind the aesthetic changes. In fact, I'd say it's gotten MUCH better on that score, except for Hordak. But there is something so fundamentally off about these characters, it might as well be called Zornon and the Protectors of the Galaxy. Grittier/more violent. Fine. Juvenile displays of flesh? Silly, but hardly uncommon for DC. But when it's to the point where the characters don't even feel like anyone we know except in name only? That's my issue, here.
    I agree with you entirely - this is so far from being a universally recognizable Eternia that it might as well be a new setting entirely where the grittiness might be appropriate and appealing - at least to some. The attempts to bend Eternia into the usual DC mould aren't working at all - not least because the place and context are too well-known by too many - and also because the Eternian world picture was never created to serve as a basis for nihilistic and pitch-black storytelling. The stress of bending it to that purpose is destroying the place. The same goes for the characters - as you say. We don't know them - and already don't care as to their fate.

Lots of changes - yes; but no evidence as to why we should feel in any way compelled to support them. They lost me when He-Man became a brutal killer who used the Power to murder Evil-Lyn's tribesmen - who all put together couldn't even have scratched him. He never needed to kill humans before - but, of course, now he IS the Power - so is, somehow, now less powerful and thus - apparently - needs to kill. Hmm. Not very logical, is it? And now our "hero" (sic) can kill women too - provided they attack him first. And we are supposed to rally behind him and urge him on to victory, are we?

No, Giffen. The fact that you felt able to do this at all shows just how little understanding and appreciation of this world you have. Stick to what you know.

Will this new approach win new fans for MotU? Not as fast as it causes the existing and committed ones to head for the doors. And, frankly, does Giffen even care...?
    Last edited by Scriptor; April 23, 2013 at 03:45am.

Quote Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
    I agree with you entirely - this is so far from being a universally recognizable Eternia that it might as well be a new setting entirely where the grittiness might be appropriate and appealing - at least to some. The attempts to bend Eternia into the usual DC mould aren't working at all - not least because the place and context are too well-known by too many - and also because the Eternian world picture was never created to serve as a basis for nihilistic and pitch-black storytelling. The stress of bending it to that purpose is destroying the place. The same goes for the characters - as you say. We don't know them - and already don't care as to their fate.

No, Giffen. The fact that you felt able to do this at all shows just how little understanding and appreciation of this world you have. Stick to what you know.

Will this new approach win new fans for MotU? Not as fast as it causes the existing and committed ones to head for the doors. And, frankly, does Giffen even care...?
    Eternia started out as being much darker and barbaric if you'll remember. But not as dark as the current media.

DC thinks Filmation is silly. Even TG thinks of Filmation as presenting the real events as kid's stories. That is the mentality that we are dealing with. The iconic MOTU is too light-hearted and goofy.

I think the current people over at Mattel want MOTU as being a darker property. That's likely why this was even allowed. Hell, the bios have major characters changed over (Orko isn't a goofball anymore, Teela is blonde, He-Man kills) or dying (Sorceress, Stratos, Man-At-Arms, Zodac, Mekaneck) and they are written by the brand manager who definitely has a clue.

Lots of changes - yes; but no evidence as to why we should feel in any way compelled to support them. They lost me when He-Man became a brutal killer who used the Power to murder Evil-Lyn's tribesmen - who all put together couldn't even have scratched him. He never needed to kill humans before - but, of course, now he IS the Power - so is, somehow, now less powerful and thus - apparently - needs to kill. Hmm. Not very logical, is it? And now our "hero" (sic) can kill women too - provided they attack him first. And we are supposed to rally behind him and urge him on to victory, are we?
    See, you say "before". But that's going from other incarnations of the character. We don't know this Eternia and we know very little about Yellow Cross He-Man. The Pre-Filmation He-Man wasn't moving moons. Yellow Cross He-Man so far hasn't shown any evidence of the Filmation He-Man's invincibility.

This Teela is rude , disrespectful and overwhelming ... and that attracts me.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Teela getting undressed like that, most likely has to do with the fact she was raised mostly by her father and being captain of the guard views herself as just one of the guys.

To many people there is a difference in dislike and hate. Dislike is more you just don't care for bit but put up with it, hate is much more active in trying to get rid of it. Chances are her dislike has to do with she feels magic users tend to stay in the back and aren't up in your face. She hid off in Castle Greyskull and should have taken a more hands on approach.

I do agree comics today tend to be too short and often overall little happens in a single issue. The problem many of us have with the violence and the sexualisation as more to do with how it's still done more for shock value. I am still trying to figure out how Teela had her legguards still on when she took off what looked like tights from underneath them. I also found it interesting the had Duncan's hand covering up her butt almost in a you aren't supposed to be looking at this, when the fur bikini she wears covers just as much.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    This Teela is rude , disrespectful and overwhelming ... and that attracts me.
    Nice one. My ex was like that. I oddly found it insanely attractive. But that's a discussion for another time and board.

Heroic Warrior
    Eternia started out as being much darker and barbaric if you'll remember. But not as dark as the current media.

DC thinks Filmation is silly. Even TG thinks of Filmation as presenting the real events as kid's stories. That is the mentality that we are dealing with. The iconic MOTU is too light-hearted and goofy.

I think the current people over at Mattel want MOTU as being a darker property. That's likely why this was even allowed. Hell, the bios have major characters changed over (Orko isn't a goofball anymore, Teela is blonde, He-Man kills) or dying (Sorceress, Stratos, Man-At-Arms, Zodac, Mekaneck) and they are written by the brand manager who definitely has a clue.y.

Why does all defence of the DC offerings always default to distancing from Filmation? What makes you think that is the image of He-Man/MotU that it is being referred to? The gods know, I've stated often enough that my personal preference is for MYP - for every reason. To me, THAT is iconesque. And I find this Giffen-driven version inferior in every single way - for reasons I have - again - stated often enough and - I hope - with clarity. I don't see the choice as being simply either He-Man the killer or He-Man the planet-mover - and I never, ever have. And probably never will.

You may well be right about Mattel; but I would submit that they are experimenting here - and will draw back quickly when they find that the reaction is very far from universally favourable. If they can't win over lifelong fans on a site such as this then they should be wary, commercially. And have you read the external reviews? Not a lot of positive reaction - yet again.

There may be enough rope being allocated for a hanging here - but probably not a lot more. We shall see.

But - please - no more "either a killer or a kid's view" over-simplification; it really doesn't constitute debate that can be taken seriously!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Teela was intelligent and well trained, and a definite leader, but she wasn't perfect. She was headstrong, and quick to lose her temper at times, though not to the point of shoving her sword into anyone who ticked her off. I was taken a bit aback by Teela's bloodthirsty nature in the comic, mainly because it seemed pretty one dimensional in the context. I was encouraged a bit by the banter between the characters to begin with, but that pretty well disappeared with Teela basically starting every other sentence with, "Kill him/her/it."

I'm seeing the same thing here I've been bothered about with a lot of the New 52, where real characterization is being replaced by one note that you can pitch to movie director more interested in exposions than characters. There was a lot of dialogue, but, after it was done, I really didn't know much more about any of the characters than when I turned to page 1. Giffen is usually a much better writer than this, so I have to wonder if he just isn't interested or if the rumors about about the micromanaging from higher ups at DC/Warners are true and are catching up even with licensed books like this.

THis issue didn't turn me immediately off like the first issue of the mini-series, but it didn't exactly thrill me, either.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Why does all defence of the DC offerings always default to distancing from Filmation? What makes you think that is the image of He-Man/MotU that it is being referred to? The gods know, I've stated often enough that my personal preference is for MYP - for every reason. To me, THAT is iconesque. And I find this Giffen-driven version inferior in every single way - for reasons I have - again - stated often enough and - I hope - with clarity. I don't see the choice as being simply either He-Man the killer or He-Man the planet-mover - and I never, ever have. And probably never will.

You may well be right about Mattel; but I would submit that they are experimenting here - and will draw back quickly when they find that the reaction is very far from universally favourable. If they can't win over lifelong fans on a site such as this then they should be wary, commercially. And have you read the external reviews? Not a lot of positive reaction - yet again.

There may be enough rope being allocated for a hanging here - but probably not a lot more. We shall see.

But - please - no more "either a killer or a kid's view" over-simplification; it really doesn't constitute debate that can be taken seriously!
    DC thinks Filmation is silly, yet in an era of silliness and kids shows 30 years ago....I think I remember the 60's Batman being fairly cheesy, the shear fact Batman & Robin appeared on Scooby Doo.....I mean come on.... Not to mention the Siliness of the Tim Burton Batman movies....really? I can't watch the Superman movies, I'd rather watch the 90's Animated version, and I loved Smallville, yet Lois and Clark was full of cheesiness...

We're talking different eras here, when comparing, so DC has no room to compare....I mean look at the stupid ass Teen Titans Go....really? And those stupid shorts on Saturday mornings on CN....Pot, Kettle anyone?

Sure Filmation is cheesy to some now, but 30 years ago, it was not....but, the same can be said for DC outings back when too, as well as now. Filmation took He-Man from being a dead Lion on his crotch wearing axe toting Barbarian, and I think for the better, it made MOTU more desirable to parents.

I personally don't like 200X for the animation and character size over-exaggeration, The toyline even further put me off, and when I had heard MOTU was making a second outing, I was excited only to be disappointed by what I saw. I wasn't expecting Filmation, no, it was 2002 after all, I was expecting something other than what I did see though. And this is the same reason I can't stand to watch the newest Voltron. Thundercats 2011 to me was very nicely animated, nothing was over-exaggerated, it looked very well done, and the story was decent, I wasn't expecting an 80's clone of TC, I was happy with what I got.....200X MOTU, not so much, I could get into the less goofy story though, just nothing else, in fact Mantenna is the only figure related thing I actually like from 200X.

I agree though, it's not just as simple as many make out that it is....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; April 23, 2013 at 05:31pm.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    As time goes on, Teela seems to get *****ier. In Filmation she sometimes had a temper, in 200X I remember people saying how they didn't like teenager Teela (she seemed like a spoiled brat and was always on Adam's case) and now DC Teela's almost out of control. It's like...evolution, but with bad temperament.

We should make a drinking game out of it: Take a drink every time Teela has a temper tantrum, takes off her clothes, attacks femininity etc.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Filmation is always brought up in the interviews. Damn near each one always mentions how She-Ra's story isn't the Filmation version or how Skeletor isn't going to be comical. That is why Filmation is always brought up.

Snappy Threader
    I would love to join in the talkback, but still no issue from the sub.....

Heroic Warrior
    Read it with my 6yr old girl. We both loved it. I don't follow She-Ra much but in the last page, she was like, Wow isn't that She_Ra. Awesome expression on her face, matched Teela's!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

We should make a drinking game out of it: Take a drink every time Teela has a temper tantrum, takes off her clothes, attacks femininity etc.
    That's too funny! I seriously lol'd at "attacks femininity."

guys I feel there is a continuity problem, in the last number of the miniseries the sword of power fall into the abyss with skeletor and now Adam has the sword again, I missed something or what?
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    guys I feel there is a continuity problem, in the last number of the miniseries the sword of power fall into the abyss with skeletor and now Adam has the sword again, I missed something or what?
    From what I can tell, near the end of the miniseries, a panel shows the sword of power laying on a ledge above where Skeletor landed. I guess after the flames died down, Adam went down to retrieve it and just assumed Skeletor escaped.