Thread: Heroes reboot?

Heroes reboot?

Apparently Microsoft is looking to pick up production of the long defunct Heroes tv show. It would be exclusive for the Xbox Live service and consist of new heroes and story lines with appearances from former cast members. As a long time Heroes fan I have mixed feelings about this. While I would welcome any return I feel the way the show ended was too big of a cliffhanger to not be resolved. I would hope they would address the final revelations from the old characters before moving on. What do other Heroes fans think?
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Wow. I hadn't heard of this. I'm interested.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Meh, unless I get a finale to the actual regular series, I'll pass. Seasons 2 and 3 were horrible but Season 4 showed they started to know what they wanted to do with the show again, only to leave it off on a really bad cliffhanger. Not to mention Samuel was one badass villain and it was nice to have a character that would actually use his powers for evil and have a man that was evil just to be evil and not because of mommy issues.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    I agree seasons 1 & 4 were great but seasons 2 & 3 were horrible. I would only like a continuation but since the casts has scattered to the four winds I doubt we will ever get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I agree seasons 1 & 4 were great but seasons 2 & 3 were horrible. I would only like a continuation but since the casts has scattered to the four winds I doubt we will ever get that.
    Well they could just continue the show with new characters and have it take place directly after the events of Season 4's ending. I mean, you can only go so far with the same characters, which is also one of the reasons S2 and 3 were bad.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Warrior
    No the reason seasons 2 and 3 were bad was because of the writing not the characters. Besides wasn't that when the writers strike happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    No the reason seasons 2 and 3 were bad was because of the writing not the characters. Besides wasn't that when the writers strike happened.
    Yep. As I pretty much say, the writer's strike is what killed Heroes. However, Sylar's character was dragged out way too long.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    i loved the show. though i didnt see the last season.

i think through season 2 they tried to go too global, and also along with that they tried to make it too soap opera, which was sort of annoying, but i think the concept and story at first were really well thought out and the acting was very good.

that being said i would be fine with an on going book like that.

for me, the show was a PERFECT story, and opportunity for a NEW kind of TV show. a rotating cast, in the sense that a character could truly be killed off in an amazing way, and they would be able to look at other characters stories to grow in that place. I think death is the one dramatic outlet that is never used well in TV to the extreme it could have been with HEROES

give certain cast 2-3 year runs, and then end in drama, cause by then you know they want to move on to movies and stuff anyways (if they are good enough actors)

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    I think the project should just stay dead. It wasn't handled well when it was originally around and how could a reboot be any kind of improvement?
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    a rotating cast,
    You know what is funny about your comment on that? That is exactly what Tim Kring wanted to do with Heroes. He wanted a rotating cast so he could take characters as far as he could and then send them off and bring in new ones. NBC, on the other hand, did not like that idea after how popular the first season was and wanted every character to remain on the show for as long as possible regardless if their stories were done or not. If I recall right, Nathan was supposed to die in Season 2 by the disease, which was supposed to break out. Instead, they had Peter save the day, save Nathan, and then left his girlfriend trapped in the future to never be heard from again.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    The biggest flaw of Heroes is the fact that it was hard to build a continuing story. After each story arc, Kring always had the show written so that all of the core characters basically would return to where they were as if the previous story arc never happened so new viewers could supposedly just jump in without having to worry about following continuity. The big reason why Hiro never developed much beyond a squeaky voiced fan boy who would never even come close to his parallel future self that would have made the show bad ass.

It's best to just stay dead and make something new and unrelated.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    You know what is funny about your comment on that? That is exactly what Tim Kring wanted to do with Heroes. He wanted a rotating cast so he could take characters as far as he could and then send them off and bring in new ones. NBC, on the other hand, did not like that idea after how popular the first season was and wanted every character to remain on the show for as long as possible regardless if their stories were done or not. If I recall right, Nathan was supposed to die in Season 2 by the disease, which was supposed to break out. Instead, they had Peter save the day, save Nathan, and then left his girlfriend trapped in the future to never be heard from again.
    well, then he is a smart man, cause thats the way this story is set up for. so you could have legit SIMILAR style archs, but for different people/powers and things would happen differently, so it wouldnt get old