Thread: If a figure has a loose leg do you send it back for a replacement?

Heroic Warrior

If a figure has a loose leg do you send it back for a replacement?

I just received snake face and his left leg moves around very loose compared to the other one

Do you send in replacement requests for more minor stuff or is this just nitpicking?

Heroic Warrior
    It's probably not the right attitude, but as an international customer, small defects are simply too much aggravation to even consider shipping back for replacements. By the time packages arrive in the UK, DR have usually run out of CS stock anyway. Added to that Mattel decreed that an e-mailed photograph wasn't enough evidence of a fault and expected the item to be sent back.

So in principle I think that defective items should be replaced; in practice I think it's a futile pursuit. Maybe it's simpler for US customers.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

If I sent back every figure that had a floppy joint, I'd have a fraction of the figures I do now. Be happy that it's just the leg joint and not the ankles which causes the figure to fall over constantly.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

No, I always keep it and try to fix it myself. I use some super glue on the joint and constantly work it back and forth to make sure it doesn't dry in place. It always does the trick.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    No, I always keep it and try to fix it myself. I use some super glue on the joint and constantly work it back and forth to make sure it doesn't dry in place. It always does the trick.
    I agree. Most times the hassle isnt worth it. Besides, you might get one in worse shape when you get the new one.....

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I agree. Most times the hassle isnt worth it. Besides, you might get one in worse shape when you get the new one.....
    Or even worse you might not get a replacement at all if they no longer have Customer Service stock.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Heroic Warrior
    If Mattel would offer some stands, which could actually hold the figures. this wouldn't be a problem...

My Beast Man has loose hips, loose knees, and loose ankles. It's like trying to stand a jello jiggler. He's too expensive to try and find another so my fix was ultimately a Griffin. My skeletor has a full-out flappy ankle, such that standing him required having him hold his havok staff against the ground like a cane. My fix for that was Panthor.

Makes me wonder sometimes if limp ankles aren't a sales method to sell more mounts.

Heroic Warrior
    Can you easily remove the legs and feet/ankles to apply clear nail polish?

I didnt want to attempt to remove the ankles/legs and break one of them

I would just keep it. I sent back my elasti girl because there was a black mark across the chest and my replacement turned up with a black mark across the face which was 10 times worse than the original one i had

I just accept what i get now

Yeah, my triklops may as well not have a foot, his right ankle is so loose. To say loose is actually an understatment if you take loose to mean it stays EVER how you pose it.

But I love him, and would fix it myself If I could figure what about the ankle is causing it to be loose in the first place.

So I'd just...deal with it I suppose.

But send it back. Just make sure you are getting a replacement and not money back. I had a Carnivus with a paint app mistake so bad I couldnt live with it, so they sent me a new one...without having to send back the old.

So I gave the original one to a friend, who repainted it, and is very happy, I'm happy, it was cool.

But nowdays again, make sure you would get a replacement, which if you move quick I am certain you would. Wait and you would get just money back.

I use the "Kaiser Doll Stand" to hold my loose figures. They work great and you don't even notice the stands when they hold the figure. They allow you to pose your figures a lot better too.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    With the $25 price tag, any loose joint is unacceptable and should be sent back for a replacement.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.