Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Karatti Video Review by Pixel Dan

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Love him. I actually like that they amped up the colors.. it makes him feel more like a MOTU character
    Agreed. One of the hallmarks of MOTU is the wide color pallete (I recall the first national article on the toys back in the day mentioned that very thing), and the NA baddies sometimes got away from that a bit (lots of dull silver, bronze or dull gold). THey took the best elements of the original design and really went to town with it while jazzing him up a bit. He's going to majorly stand out amongst the other guys.

The Fab Four are really hitting the NA stuff not just out of the ballpark, but past the parking lot and into the next ballpark over. Really great figures just on their own merits.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

ok this will be the first negative post,so her goes:
    I was never a fan of the NA line,and although Dan's videos are great i still don't like the NA line.

This one for me has too much likeness to the predator and thats probably why Matty went with the brighter green,also the lack of any detail on the weapons doesn't help sell the figure,the bright colours and the dull plain weapons just doesn't do it for me.

Snappy Threader
    I love your reviews Dan. You have sold me on some pretty un-sellable figs before. I like this one already though, but your review just nailed for me how cool he is.

Thank you for another great review PD!! I'm really looking forward to this guy! Man…what a vast improvement over his vintage counterpart! The idea is still there…but wow…his armor (especially on his right shoulder) is executed much better! Next month is going to be so exciting!!! Can't wait for your FFM review!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I like a lot about him, but like other NA figures, he has that ugly dingy gold (almost like green and gold mixed) armor. I don't know what the guys who originally designed the NA figures were thinking, with the ugly color schemes they chose.

I do like the face, the hair and the skin color.
    Last edited by Lich Leech; April 19, 2013 at 02:09pm.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    The Fab Four are really hitting the NA stuff not just out of the ballpark, but past the parking lot and into the next ballpark over. Really great figures just on their own merits.
    Completely agree. I don't care if every other figure gets updated with Trap Jaw legs. These guys are taking a relatively boring and unpopular toy line from the late 80's/early 90's and turning them into awesome figures that I need MOAR OF!
    Kittens are delicious!

I love everything about him except the reused Trap Jaw legs. I wouldn't mind if they used the lower half but the upper half should have been changed, the oval slatted part really stands out and reminds me that it's a re-use.

The Space Mutants are possibly my favourite faction in MOTUC, they all look so awesome, I hope we end up getting all of them.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    The figure has a new crotch piece. You forgot to mention that.
    You mean the croth piece under the loin cloth/armor? If so, what's new about it? Serious question, as I'm not at home to look at it right now and I didn't notice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    Hey, Dan, do you have the FFM yet?
    FFM review will hopefully be up tonight. I'm editing these videos in between fighting off water in my basement from the absurd amounts of rain we've had in IL this week. So please excuse me if I'm a little behind.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Looks pretty cool. Might be my first MOTUC purchase of the year, which would have been Fangman.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Good review, Dan but your solid black shirt on black background gave you a bit of floating head and arms syndrome. I'm looking forward to this figure much more now.
    Yep, black on black was a poor choice on my part. I should know better. Sorry guys.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Looks pretty good. Don't mind adding him to my growing roster of villains. I just wish his skin was more of a sickly green to play up his zombie heritage.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Nice fig (and nice review, Dan!). I don't love him by himself, but side by side with Optikk and Slushy, the three of them look sweet!
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    You mean the croth piece under the loin cloth/armor? If so, what's new about it? Serious question, as I'm not at home to look at it right now and I didn't notice.
    No, I mean the clothe/crotch armor piece. You never stated anything about it (that it is new or not re-used).
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Oh...well when I said his armor was new, that was included. I guess I need to be specific.

Oh...well when I said his armor was new, that was included. I guess I need to be specific.
    Yeah, I think most apply armor to the armor over the chest, not crotch piece. It seems pretty rare that figure get new crotch pieces/wear; they're usually re-used.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

The 4H are really on fire with the NA factions!! From the sculpt to the colors, an impressive figure. Even though the weapons are a bit dull, color wise, its nothing a few dabs of paint won't fix. Looking forward to Karatti. Great review Dan!!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

FFM review will hopefully be up tonight. I'm editing these videos in between fighting off water in my basement from the absurd amounts of rain we've had in IL this week. So please excuse me if I'm a little behind.
    Personally very much looking forward to your FFM review, Dan!--^ Would like to see how the three figures from this set worked out- removable chest pieces and various other accoutrement, etc. Awesome stuff!

Great karatti review! On the surface the figure doesn't seem to have many bells/whistles, nor is he in my 'must have' list, but I do like him and another mutant for the NA faction is always welcome. And the accessories are cool as well. The only thing I wish he had but doesn't, is a karate chop hand. Perhaps it was felt this would hinder his ability to hold weapons? In the cartoon he at least affects the occasional karate stance and attempts to use his martial arts skills on various foes, but no attempt was made with the figure to showcase this. Oh well, I suppose that's what an active imagination is for.
    Last edited by Stygian360; April 19, 2013 at 01:36pm.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Love him. I actually like that they amped up the colors.. it makes him feel more like a MOTU character

Very excited for more NA!!
    Very much agree! I liked him already, but after seeing him compared right next to the original I really agree with the brighter colors! Pops much better this way.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

This guy looks amazing! One of my favourite Classics so far. That shot with the three MOTUC Space Mutants looked ace Dan!
    More NA please!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

He looks wonderful- love love LOVE the bright colors. No muted hues, please. Can't wait for May's offerings!

Another excellent and enjoyable to watch review Dan! I look forward to your fighting foe Men review!

Karatti looks fantastic!

I'm editing these videos in between fighting off water in my basement from the absurd amounts of rain we've had in IL this week.
    I know the feeling. My Dad's basement has 2 feet of water in it.

you got him just for me Dan didn't you just remember to post him to me :P . great review btw .can't wait to get my hands on Karatti he looks awesome.

This dude is perfect! I agree that his armor might be the best in the entire line. Love him!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by he-man121 View Post
    ok this will be the first negative post,so her goes:
    I was never a fan of the NA line,and although Dan's videos are great i still don't like the NA line.

This one for me has too much likeness to the predator and thats probably why Matty went with the brighter green,also the lack of any detail on the weapons doesn't help sell the figure,the bright colours and the dull plain weapons just doesn't do it for me.
    HAHAHA...I'll be the second. I just don't get this character...where are his eyes? What's up with his name? ...and I can smell the snoozer of a bio from here. Not a NA fan, so I don't know anything about him. I'm just hoping there is no DOS so he's easier to unload!