Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOTU Classics Karatti Video Review by Pixel Dan

Quote Originally Posted by eCollector View Post
    HAHAHA...I'll be the second. I just don't get this character...where are his eyes? What's up with his name? ...and I can smell the snoozer of a bio from here. Not a NA fan, so I don't know anything about him. I'm just hoping there is no DOS so he's easier to unload!
    whats DOS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    FFM review will hopefully be up tonight. I'm editing these videos in between fighting off water in my basement from the absurd amounts of rain we've had in IL this week. So please excuse me if I'm a little behind.
    No rush. I've had floods in my basement and it sucks hard. That's more important anyway.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tycondrius View Post
    whats DOS ?
    Day of Sale, when it goes up for sale on Matty.

Gotta say, even with the talented 4H doing their usual fine job, there's something about Karatti that leaves me cold. He's just too...busy-looking, and the color combinations are garish and not aesthetically-pleasing in the least. He'll still find a prominent spot on my shelf, but he's not the most excited I've been with a character. Shame, as the last two Mutants are two of my favorites in the line.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

While I loved the vintage line and nostalgia is great & everything. .this figure is awesome. ! It's like getting a brand new character for my collection. Way to go 4 horseman, you did a great job with Karatti and I can't wait for the rest of the NA mutants. .bring on Quakke.!
    Last edited by King Criss79; April 21, 2013 at 12:32am.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Love the Space Mutants and I think Karatti is going to end up being my favorite of them all. LOVE the colors, love the Predator-like design. His face is awesome, so killer lookin!!

My only minor nitpick his his purple abs going down waaay to far.

MOAR Space Mutants. BOOO on "Galactic Protectors" aka bootleg G.I. Joe figures though.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Love me some NA, and Karatti was a fave of mind in my youth! Can't wait to bring him back!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

The best thing about Karatti is the fact that Octavia's up next.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

For a second I thought I was on a Friday the 13th fan site. I didn't realize we were getting a
    JASON VOORHEES Post Apocalyptic Zombie. These NA figs just aren't MOTU to me. And yes I realize this is an all encompassing line. "Fairnes in the Factions."

A big fan of Slush Head
    Awesome figure, he looks amazing. Really really cool I can't wait to get him.
    Much better than the fighting boring men that's for sure.

More NA please!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Karatti looks cool ! And his articulations seem to be fine. I just hope that his pauldrons won't hinder arms movement. I'll buy him ! Good preview, Dan !

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    whats DOS ?
    It can refer to "Day Of Sale" or "Day Of Stock" but I believe eCollector is refering to the latter.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    It can refer to "Day Of Sale" or "Day Of Stock" but I believe eCollector is refering to the latter.
    ah well one of the members on here offered me his one months ago so hoping he comes trough on the deal for me Karatti is awesome looking

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think he looks really cool. His face is also SO creepy! You can see his eyes sunken back in his head...it makes his whole face look like a mask. Is it all a mask? I LOVE his brighter colours. They really make him stand out in a very good way.

Also, I truly wish NA took place in the future and Karatti was the son of Skeletor and Evil-Lyn (Blue + Yellow = Green). Karatti also has a semi-skull face, with the nose piece looking like a skull's...and it would give Skeletor a better reason for going to Primus than following He-Man (searching for his son).

He DOES look like the Predator, which I think is really cool, but his face also looks like the hybrid Alien from Aliens: Resurrection! They have the same sunken in, eyes! It's a little hard to see because of the angle of the Karatti pic below.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

awesome review dan

never was a fan of NA and still not ... but im selling mine to a board member so at least karatti will be going to a happy customer
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Karatti looks awesome!!! I'm really digging the Na characters, they really blend in well with the original Masters characters. I can't wait to get Flogg, Lizzor, Sagitar, Hydron, Mara, and Critta in this line.

i already watched the review 3 or 4 times, seriously can't wait for this one and NA HE-MAN !

Bring on more NA please!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    real glad this guy was this year.
    hoping for Spinwit next
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Nope, I just can't like him, just nothing there for me to like, plus I don't like NA. Even with Dan's good review, I just don't like him....off to the marketplace he will go....hopefully he'll find a good home.

I hate the figure, but I am glad to see NA fans finally getting something more.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

ah well one of the members on here offered me his one months ago so hoping he comes trough on the deal for me Karatti is awesome looking
    Yup. You're still getting mine. Just need to figure out shipping to Ireland.

sooo excited for this figure... LOVE NA!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Goodness! That is one awesome figure!

The shot of the three Mutants standing together is sweet! (But looks odd without Flogg in there somewhere....... )

Great review PD!

More NA Please!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!