Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you could get 3 Filmation Varients in this line which one would you pick

While I don't really want toon versions of most anyone, in the spirit of the thread, I'd take:

-Hordak (a repaint with the HH right arm would be fine)

-Marzo (at least this version is different enough and could simply be an alternate look, though the face should look like the same man)

-Hawk (I do prefer the Filmation look, but the MYP character)

Filmation variants of He-Man and Skeletor (and most others) hold zero interest for me. (I could be swayed by a toon Teela.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Hordak
    Teela
    He-Man
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Hordak
    Teela
    Skeletor
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Gonna go with versions of characters we've had

Hordak
    Clawful
    Count Marzo
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

i guess...
    1. Hordak
    2. Clawful
    3. Tung Lashor

i dont really see the need for Filmation variants of He-Man and Teela (much rather have 200X long hair), close enough to what we already have.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Hordak
    Leech
    Tung Lashor

Horde all the way!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Hordak would be the only one I would want, because he actually has different colored parts, and would may be come with different accessories.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation Disco Skeletor
    Filmation The Mighty Spector
    Filmation Mo-Larr
    Filmation Clawful

Count Marzo
    Tung Lasher
    Hordak

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Hordak
    Hawke
    Evil Lyn
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Heroic Warrior
    1. Teela
    2. Hordak
    3. He-Man

I'd also want a Filmation Skeletor head.

Characters like Count Marzo, Tung Lasher, Clawful, and even Hordak I can see. Because, these characters have significant design changes that make for a new appearance.

I don't understand why some people would want Teela, He-Man, or Skeletor. If those Filmation looks are updated to the Classics design, you'd end up getting exactly the Teela, He-Man, and Skeletor figures we already have. The changes are not significant enough to merit another variant, in my opinion. King Randor worked, because he had a completely different costume and color scheme. If it's a "Filmation style face" people want, then I would say it's better to just have a head come as an accessory with another figure, like Snake Armor He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, or 200X Sorceress; legitimate variants.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I don't understand why some people would want Teela, He-Man, or Skeletor. If those Filmation looks are updated to the Classics design, you'd end up getting exactly the Teela, He-Man, and Skeletor figures we already have. The changes are not significant enough to merit another variant, in my opinion.
    The Filmation He-Man I want is mostly a straight-up repaint. Smirking Prince Adam head, with orange hair, blue/red harness, and dark tan. And I mean Dekker dark. Throw in a newly sculpted wincing "using the super-strength" headsculpt, and Filmation Powersword and grappling hook, that would be one of the best variants ever next to...

Filmation Teela with all new headsculpt with perfectly kempt, bright red bun. Lips cocked to the side with one eyebrow raised showcasing her "moodiness". A more toon accurate dress featuring that Filmation full-figure goodness (re-iterrating how the buns need to be perfect). Give her less of a tan (TPHM), her filmation sword/shield combo, and the Protection Sword (for She-Ra) and she'll sell out quick.

Flm Hordak should come with Flm Skeletor head.

I really wouldn't be to enthused over a Dinosaucer Tung-Lashor or Looney Tune Clawful. Surely they'd look great and I'd buy them, I'd just rather have new-perfect main characters.

* Hordak * Teela Na * Count Marzo
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    I really wouldn't be to enthused over a Dinosaucer Tung-Lashor or Looney Tune Clawful. Surely they'd look great and I'd buy them, I'd just rather have new-perfect main characters.
    Who says they'd look Looney Tune like? Everything from Filmation could technical have that happen, if you're going to make that assumption. They are all based on cartoons. Even Filmation Hordak. And I think the versions of Teela and He-Man that we already received are perfect.

Basically, you want a redeco'd figures and very specific head sculpts with expressions. Like I said, additional heads are better off being packed in as accessories with other figures (like you suggested with Skeletor and Hordak). Those accessories can come with other figures too, or in a weapons pack.

I know it's what you want, and that's cool. I personally think it's better to get a variant that has a lot more going on in terms of differences from the original figure. A simple repaint isn't enough for me anymore, especially with how much the figures cost these days. Filmation Tung Lasher and vintage Tung Lasher look completely different, and are for different factions. MYP Count Marzo and Filmation Count Marzo have completely different outfits and head sculpts. Even variants like Magestra (Evil-Lyn in disguise) is a worthwhile variant, because it's a completely different look for Evil-Lyn. If we are going to get another variant of He-Man, at least let it be one from the vintage days, like Flying Fist He-Man, Snake Armor He-Man, Slime He-man...you know, something with new armor at least that actually belongs in Classics. Teela has several looks too that are different, like her "snake" form from MYP or her brunette and yellow outfit from the mini-comics.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    • Evil-Lyn
    • Hordak
    • Skeletor
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

I'd say Hordak, He-man and Marzo for me.

I'd want a Filmation Evilseed as well as a MYP version if/when they do him.

Merman
    Hordak
    Skeletor head

Hordak
    Teela
    Tung Lasher

Starchild
    bowina
    lady arvella
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Hordak, Heman
    Teela (is it wrong to ask for a Filmation accurate Teela behind?)
    Of course it isn't wrong to ask. We had to ask for even a little more behind on the MOTUC Teela, and we aren't even halfway to filmation.

OP: Suggested MultiBot, Tung Lashor, & Clawful.

Switch out Filmation Hordak for Multi Bot, and you got a deal.\

so yeah

1) Hordak
    2) Clawful
    3) Tung Lashor
    Last edited by baronterror; August 1, 2013 at 04:04am.

1. Clawful
    2. Trap Jaw
    3. Hordak
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

1. Hordak
    2. Evil-Lyn
    3. Clawful
    My #1 most wanted figure in MotUC?
    - "Cloak & Dagger" Evil-Lyn (MYP) -