Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Fighting Foe Men Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Fighting Foe Men Video Review by Pixel Dan

Alright, the Fighting Foe Men video is live! Enjoy!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Two thoughts:

1) You seemed sooo much more excited for these than you did for Karatti.

2) The entire time I was watching this, I couldn't help but to think, "Damn, we'll probably never get the accompanying vehicles for these figures." Which makes me hella sad. I'm hoping we at least get the Battle Ram.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Great review! I will display mine with the Horde!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Nice review!
    Dittstroyer looks almost better with Dawg's chest emblem. Some people might even consider displaying theirs that way, so good thinking ahead trying this, Dan

Mine definately won't be Horde members. They just don't fit (except Sherllyn). Them being their very own faction works very well for me.

Can't wait for them!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Lookin' better and better! I don't think I have much else to say other than I'm excited and I'm SO glad these guys are coming next month!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Yet another great review PD, I can't wait for these. I just wish we had the vehicles to go with them, at least the Roton.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    They look cool and evil...but not $70 worth of cool and evil for me.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    They look cool and evil...but not $70 worth of cool and evil for me.
    I agree. I have a cool, evil wedding I'm planning so unfortunately, these guys have to go on the back burner Unless someone wants to trade a FFM 3-pack for an invite to my wedding....

I like them. They are going to be my "Dreadnoks" of MOTU. I think I'll throw Cy-Chop into their group since they are a band of mercenaries. I won't be displaying them with the Horde logos, though.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Love the cloak on the Roton driver. Think we will be seeing that again for NA Skeletor? Filmation Skeletor hood???

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I'm usually pretty happy about most releases, but this one could have been better. Disappointed that the helmets don't come off to reveal their full face! This is going to hurt sales for those who like to customize. And the names are just terrible. I know they're nods to workers at the Four Horsemen Studios, but I wish there was something else done to give thanks. Names are a big part of what makes a Masters of the Universe figure.

I have always really liked the design of these figures since first seeing them. I have 3 subs, so I will probably be displaying one set as Horde and another as FFM. I really love the weapons the most though. I think they did an awesome job of designing them to look like the vehicles, or paying homage to the vehicles. I will be happy to add these to the collection, although the $300+ sub bill next month is quite a lot!

I wish The Star Sisters had been done with as much love and attention to detail (and extra, cooler accessories) as the FFM. It's my only complaint about this set... is that it blows last year's three-pack out of the water and sets the standards pretty high for any future packs (ahem... the Rock People better come out this good!).
    I think they look great as a set, which makes it difficult for me to decide where I wanna put 'em... because the female looks bad-ass with that Horde symbol (moreso than the dudes), but her weapons look rather heroic. I think I'm going to give her Captain Glenn's rifle instead of the blue guns, and maybe give that weapon to Netossa instead.
    So yeah... I think they are an A+. When your biggest issue is "I just can't decide how to display them!", that's a good problem to have

Heroic Warrior
    Great review as always, Dan!

Was I not paying attention, or did you skip over a look at Sherilynn's weapons?
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Awesome review as always, Dan. I think I'll throw Sherilynn and Dawg-O-Tor in with the Horde but keep Ditztroyer as a pirate. Funny, as he's my favorite of the three he's the only one I won't be putting into my favorite evil faction!
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

the wizard with the evil horde. talon and trakker with the heroic warriors.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this three pack! I've always wanted the model drivers!! And now I'll have them as the Fighting Foe Men! The only one left is the Wind Raider pilot…great review as usual PD!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I really like the Fighting Foe Men!

And PixelDan you are right they are what MOTUC stands for! The FOUR HORSEMEN made an amazing job with them and like zodak74 says the only bittersweet taste they leave behind is how well those three look and with how much detail and extras they come with compared to the Star Sisters. Both three packs could have been great now one is there and the other one is amazing!

I really canīt wait for them to arrive, thank you for that superb review!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Nice review. I'm not fussed so much about the FFM story, but the figures look nice enough. Though it's a shame we don't have a Wind Raider guy, but I guess that's just as well because it wouldn't make much sense having a Wind Raider guy joining the Horde as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

OOOooo!!! Lovin these figures! Can't wait to get em!

These figures don't look bad or anything but don't hold enough appeal to me for the money. Don't like the names either. Becoming a cliche but I'm impatient for characters I already know from the old toyline and cartoons so these just seem like a hold up in the line.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    FFM rule! seriously cannot wait to have this set. Shield Maiden is becoming my new favourite - she looks really amazing - I love her weapons.

Great detailed review Dan
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Great Review!

I will put Dizztroyer (or whatever his name is) with the horde and the others with the cosmic enforcers. Now I will have a good use for Marlena's rifle!

Heroic Warrior
    Great review, and I must admit that the Fighting Foe Men ended up being cooler than what I expected...

Nevertheless, if I want those 3 figures, I'll have to spend 135 euros (European reseller's price + shipping costs) ! It's way too much for my taste, so I don't think I'll buy them.

Very impressed with how they came out. Another solid review PD!
    I will be splitting them up and add them to different factions as their bio doesn't work for my canon. I've changed their names and created small bios as well placing them in more important roles and tying them in with the overall history of motu.

Heroic Warriors
    Trakkia - The daughter of a great Eternian engineer, Kira Tak was set to follow in her father's footsteps until the day he was killed by Prahvus during one of his attacks. Kira joined the royal guard to become a warrior in order to avenge her father and when she finally had her chance for it, Man-at-Arms swayed her hand. He showed her the last invention her father engineered, The Attack Trakk, which has her father's brain wave patterns stored in its artificial computer system. It needed her good memories of him to give it "life". Now calling herself Trakkia, she expertly drives the Attack Trak into battle, knowing that her father can still help guide her in the right path. As an apprentice to Duncan, Trakkia has a bit of a competitive rivalry with Teela.

Talos - A decorated soldier of the Great Unrest with noble ties to the Eternos kingdom, Talos is a vastly skilled tactician and tracker with a traditional code of honor. Having such qualities, King Randor personally tasked him to guard Grayskull Tower and Point Dread as well as pilot the Talon Fighter. A duty Talos accepts even though he mistrusts magic and its wielders, as he believes using the planet's essence for power, good or bad, is wrong. Unbeknownst to him though, during the Great Unrest Talos was injured and struck with amnesia. He wandered into a village and was restored back to health by the Sorceress, where they fell in love with each other and before his memory was restored, he fatherd a child. Talos is secretly Teela's biological father.

Evil Warrior
    Notor - A Gar nomad who met Sortech & convinced him that with his scientific knowhow & Sortech's power, the technological city Sortech once created could be restored. Notor deceived him and only wanted the power of the Ergon to create new weapons to attack the royal palace as he blames them for all the hatred his people have endured throughout history. Using the Ergon, Notor created the vehicle Roton and a power staff that can disrupt anything technical. He joined Count Marzo's new Council of Evil after Skeletor left Eternia.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app