Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are the most requested figures that we cant have (yet)

Who are the most requested figures that we cant have (yet)

****************Update*************** These are the top three you vote for******************
    1.Karg
    2. Mighty Bite
    3.Horde Mummy

Everyone always talks about figures that they want in this line, and now with Filmation the list of characters leads to endless possibilities, but there are still characters that feel very important to the line we still don't have access to, mainly
    1. 1987 Movie Characters (and concept art)
    2. Marvel Star Comics
    3. Power and Honor Concept drawings
    4. Tomart Guide article concept art
    5. Foreign comics (German, Brazilian,etc)
    To my knowledge, any characters from these media are unable to have figures made from them cause of copyright and licensing issues, now whether that will change in the future remains to be seen, the question comes down to whether its worth it for Mattel to spend time, money and energy to pursue these leads,and will it pay off for them in them in the end. Can they make enough figures out of the media they spent time, money, and energy pursuing the right people, and is there enough interest in these figures to even pursue this. For the Filmation characters, its obliviously a no brainer, but for this lot, it depends alot on fan requests I think. For Me, I feel the most important figure that should be made is
    1. Karg- I view him as the Field general of Skeletor's army and trusted military adviser. He obviously should have had figure back in the 80's, but for some odd reason, was left out (any information on why, i would love to know)

Others that I think have some validity to being made into plastic are

Lt .Andra- Prince Adams Body guard, has multiple appearances in the Star comics

Horde Mammoth or Goretusk Think he would look great as a reuse of the Gygor Buck (Classizing him), adding a huge figure to the ranks of the Horde (couldn't find original pic, sorry)

Horde Mummy or Fear-oA Favorite of alot of Fans ever since he was discovered in the Tomart guide article, possibly an ancient Horde King,

Now these figures wont see the light of day till after 2015, but I feel there is enough fan interest in some these characters to get them made. I'm interested to hear what others think and who tops out on your list?

And another question, Does anyone know if the concept art pics from NA are available to have figures made from them ? (Crystoll , Detector, Concept Hoove)
    Last edited by facet; May 17, 2013 at 11:07am.

I totally support this list.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    With so many characters yet to be made, I'm not too fond of concept characters for MOTUC... Still, if I were to choose an off-limit character, I'd pick that Might Bite concept by Emiliano.

http://santalux.blogspot.fr/2006/08/...ight-bite.html
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

He was intended for the MYP comic series but didnīt appear....still he should get a figure if you ask me.

The Emprsss is fan created i know but she is more MOTU than Cy-Chop or Sir Laserlot since she is really based on the exciting story.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I'd have to say KARG!!

Though he did appear on the list of characters for voting on the grayskull box art...
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'd have to say KARG!!

Though he did appear on the list of characters for voting on the grayskull box art...
    Same here!

+ Langella Skeletor!!

#1 would be Karg.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    I would vote for Karg too... AND for Might-Bite !

Ted Mayer's Witch.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    I'd have to say KARG!!

MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    KARG definitely!

I'd also like the Horde Mummy and Luitenant Andra
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I'd have to say KARG!!

So did Kevin and Julie. But TG said they could use them in art, just not as figures.

THere are a lot more cool concepts from the Tomart magazine tht need to be mae ... my favorite is Hoarder, the fat cloaked figure with little Hordelings hugging the body inside the cloak. A very creepy and quite appropriate addition to the Horde in my view.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I'd love so many to get made:

-Movie versions (yet made to look as though they're the same character/person) of He-Man, Teela, Duncan, Skeletor, and God Skeletor

-Julie
    -Kevin
    -Lubic
    -Karg

-Fear-O
    -Gorpo (I think this could be arranged, actually)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    So did Kevin and Julie. But TG said they could use them in art, just not as figures.
    Which makes absolutely no sense legally.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Which makes absolutely no sense legally.
    I know, I so hope we get movie figs one day. Since there was a mini comic about the movie, there may be some way to get Karg?

Lubic, Karg, Horde Mummy, Might Bite, Power and Honor Concept drawings, and Tomart Guide article concept art figures please.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Karg is actually the one figure from this line that I DON"T want! I seriously can't stand him and am glad he can't be made.

I may have some other wants but I was never able to get one of the Power and Honor catalogs so I don't know what other designs exist...
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

I think Scott is incorrect in his statement, regarding having the ability to create illustrations of the movie characters, even though they don't have the rights to make them as toys. It makes no sense for Mattel to have the rights to illustrate the characters, but not the rights to make figures of them. I mean, they are a toy company. Why would they bother securing any other rights without the toy rights?

I too want Karg. He'd be a great surprise.

Maybe the Fuerza-T characters too. I've seen some really impressive customs based on those characters.

Empresss is awesome... Hope we get a female snake leader like that.

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    Karg is actually the one figure from this line that I DON"T want! I seriously can't stand him and am glad he can't be made.

I may have some other wants but I was never able to get one of the Power and Honor catalogs so I don't know what other designs exist...
    Just because you don't want him, doesn't mean he shouldn't get made for those that do. If, by some chance they do obtain the rights and he does get a release, just don't buy him. If you are a subscriber, then resell him.

My top 5 are:

Might Bite
    Karg
    Detective Lubic
    Movie Skeletor
    God Skeletor
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I'd be totally psyched for a Karg figure!

I agree, it seems odd that they could use him (and other off-limits movie characters) for the box art and not for a figure. Hmm.

I'm pretty sure they can do the German and Brazilian comics. Did Scott say they couldn't? Since they can do the UK comics, why wouldn't they be able to do the Brazilian or German comics?

I *think* he said they weren't sure if they could do the German Audio Plays though.

Oh, and I'd definitely take a Lt. Andra, Horde Mummy, and Ted Mayer Concept Witch if they get the rights to do them. With regard to the Mummy and the Witch, I'm pretty sure they could do them anyway since they're based on archetypal images. If they changed them a little bit, I bet they could make them, though they probably wouldn't do it until after 2015.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Witches,mummies?What's next,dracula? Give me Basher!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Yes! Make them all! But first gimme finally an Alcala He-Man, damn!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app