Thread: MOTUC Entrapta!

MOTUC Entrapta!

There has been a lot of talk about how Entrapta should appear in MOTUC on Facebook over the past few days. Fans seem really split over which source should be the main design influance used by the 4H for her inclusuion in classics; the vintage toy, Filmation or the Style Guide images.

I decided to have a crack at making her myself! As you can probably tell I'm a big fan of the vintage toy design details like her two tone skirt, fully two toned hair, her unique texturised belt design, her texturised collar and head band and the gem, but I also like the smooth boots and gloves of the style guide...finally I wanted the red horde bat on her chest....I always felt she needed the horde logo, but hopefully it will be removable when she is is finally made in classics, so vintage toy fans can display her that way as well.

I hope you like her. I will probably put some gold and purple accents on her sheild & paint the rest of her belt gold as well.

Last edited by Angel-T; April 20, 2013 at 06:56pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

very cool work.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Your Entrapta looks great and i´m totally in the same boat when it comes to vintage toy details.

Her Style guide high heel boots are sexy but not really possible in MOTUC anyway because of the heels.

You´re proofing that rooted hair would work for her. It looks great and i did´t expected that!

But i would like to see her made totally in gold.

You really did an amazing job with her. You can be proud!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

I'm tempted to repaint her in gold for a style guide look. Thanks for the nice comments.

I know MOTUC is not doing rooted hair or soft goods, but if Megator can get a rooted head and Grizzlor can have real fur....I truly believe Entrapta should also be an exception to the rule. Her hair was her weapon and in her case rooted hair looks right as her hair is so long....there is no way hair that long will look right sculpted.

It would be fine if it was rooted hair wrapped around a wire so it could be posed and not brushable....Grizzlor would have looked wrong with sculpted fur and Entrapta would also not look right with sculpted hair IMHO. (Angel-T gets ready to duck in order to avoid the stones that are about to be thrown at him!)
    Last edited by Angel-T; April 20, 2013 at 09:18pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    She looks great! Honestly I probably would not have thought that rooted hair would work, but now that I see what you have done here I certainly think it could!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

EXCELLENT WORK!

Your Entrapta turned out wonderfully!

Great work!!
    Excellent design choice using the "real hair". Really completes the characters awesome look.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    really beautiful.
    blendin' elements from different styles is a very good idea: well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    It would be fine if it was rooted hair wrapped around a wire so it could be posed and not brushable....Grizzlor would have looked wrong with sculpted fur and Entrapta would also not look right with sculpted hair IMHO.
    totally agree with this.

Love her she looks really cool.
    I like the fact that the sliver boots etc makes her more like part cyborg and if they make her could be a cool route to to take. Love the hair. Your custom makes me want her now!

Great custom!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    EXTENDAR
    wanted!
    25$+13,75$
    ----------------------------------------------------

Whoah!!!! She is beautiful. I pray that they find a way to use the real hair for the Classics version if/when they do her.

She's gorgeous! And I love the real hair.

Wow, absolutely stunning! I think to go with real hair is the right way for Entrapta! And I'm with you on the toy design. Just awesome work there

Dang, that's rad! I'm not really a proponent for rooted hair, but it REALLY works with the way you've done it here! If anyone should get it; it should be Entrapta. Well done!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Snappy Threader
    Oh wow she is so cool! Wonderful work!

WOW! She's great.

I agree about the rooted hair. She should be the exception to the rule.

Amazing!! - i want i want xD

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    She's beautiful, you did an amazing job!
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Love it! The hair is really, really great!
    Did you make her headband, belt piece and shoulder armor from vintage POP pieces or are they new?