Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA PlayOffs

NBA PlayOffs

anyone?

discuss

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I enjoy watching all of the games during the playoffs as I have a cousin that played in the NBA for almost 10 years

I personally think it will be the Heat and Thunder in the Finals again, though I think the Knicks will give the Heat a run for their money in the Eastern Conference Finals.

I am personally a big Lakers fan, but don't think they will even get past the Spurs in the 1st round.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I enjoy watching all of the games during the playoffs as I have a cousin that played in the NBA for almost 10 years

I personally think it will be the Heat and Thunder in the Finals again, though I think the Knicks will give the Heat a run for their money in the Eastern Conference Finals.

I am personally a big Lakers fan, but don't think they will even get past the Spurs in the 1st round.
    now I'm frigin curious who your cousin is!

I'm a huge nets fan till late 80s...we're leading 25 points against the bulls in the first home game. still dont know how to feel about the team moving to the big city tough.

I'm predicting miami on east and spurs on west, its their last big shot and duncan seems to be on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    now I'm frigin curious who your cousin is!
    I am sending you a PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually your PM box is full so I can't send a message. Let me know when it's clear and I will try to send it again.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I live for the NBA.

Love me some spurs. they have been my favorite team for a long time. Grew up a bulls fan, i am from chicago.

Not a huge fan of the heat, but i am pretty sure they are going to win it again, no one will stop them, though i think that the spurs would be the only ones who would give them a shot.

i predict the heat/thunder, the heat win in 6 or 7 for ratings.

so mad the bulls let Asik go.
    Lakers are a joke, when you have 2 of the best 5 centers in the league, 1, arguably the best passing center outside of duncan, and still you cant win games.. its all about management, and I would estimate, personally, though i do not like them, that if Jackson came back to coach when this all went down, the lakers would be a 3 or 4 seed..... and healthy.

ps, i am also really curious to who your cousin is. 10 years in the NBA means it was not just a "blip" it means he was a good player. very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    I live for the NBA.

Love me some spurs. they have been my favorite team for a long time. Grew up a bulls fan, i am from chicago.

Not a huge fan of the heat, but i am pretty sure they are going to win it again, no one will stop them, though i think that the spurs would be the only ones who would give them a shot.

i predict the heat/thunder, the heat win in 6 or 7 for ratings.

so mad the bulls let Asik go.
    Lakers are a joke, when you have 2 of the best 5 centers in the league, 1, arguably the best passing center outside of duncan, and still you cant win games.. its all about management, and I would estimate, personally, though i do not like them, that if Jackson came back to coach when this all went down, the lakers would be a 3 or 4 seed..... and healthy.

ps, i am also really curious to who your cousin is. 10 years in the NBA means it was not just a "blip" it means he was a good player. very cool.
    Yeah, I am very displeased with the Lakers this year. They had the talent, but just couldn't play together. I would love for Phil Jackson to return.

I actually did the math wrong, my cousin played in the NBA for about 8 years and played 1 year international ball before he got into coaching.

Snappy Threader
    One word.......BULLS

Barring any injuries, I'd take all the favorites in the first and second rounds.

That'll leave Miami vs New York and San Antonio vs OKC. I'd take Miami over the Knicks, although I think NY will be their biggest test in the East. I see Spurs vs Thunder as too close to call. It could easily go either way. And whichever wins, I think they'll give the Heat a good series.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    One word.......BULLS
    Me too! I don't have any illusions about this post-season though. I think they'd be lucky to get by the Nets, even after winning one on the road. Once Rose is back next season though, all bets are off...

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Barring any injuries, I'd take all the favorites in the first and second rounds.

That'll leave Miami vs New York and San Antonio vs OKC. I'd take Miami over the Knicks, although I think NY will be their biggest test in the East. I see Spurs vs Thunder as too close to call. It could easily go either way. And whichever wins, I think they'll give the Heat a good series.

Me too! I don't have any illusions about this post-season though. I think they'd be lucky to get by the Nets, even after winning one on the road. Once Rose is back next season though, all bets are off...
    chicago got the intensity in the defence part of the game but its lacking of some more than good player that actually can score 20 points in a PO game. honestly I still don't know why Thibodou is so into Hinrich, he's really good in pressing and defend one-o-one but its ridiculous in everything concerning attack.
    I think the nets are going to win the series and crush against miami. brooklyn is a pretender, not a contender at all.

what about the clippers?

motu_Maniac my PM box now is empty!

motu_Maniac my PM box now is empty!
    PM sent

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    honestly I still don't know why Thibodou is so into Hinrich, he's really good in pressing and defend one-o-one but its ridiculous in everything concerning attack.
    i think that Hinrich is coachable. listens, and when it comes to those type of things, sad to say, those are things that Thibodou thinks are more important than attacking the rim. he would rather have someone with a high basketball IQ, that can't drive one on one (lets face it his one on one guy is not coming back till next year) I mean, honestly, how many guys in the NBA can drive one on one, and are crazy athletic, but barely play....

Go NY go NY GO
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Master of New Adventures!
    I just don't get the big deal about a bunch of pituitary cases that are so tall they have to bend down to put a ball into a net.

Okay. I'm joking. Basketball players are among the greatest of all athletes, playing both defense and offense for an entire game and somehow incredibly managing to throw a ball thirty-five feet through a hoop that's only slightly larger in circumference than the ball itself.

But the reality is I'm a football guy -- specifically a college football guy. It's tough to compare the two sports, but it just seems to me that there's a sameness about the action in basketball. I get that each play is different, but it's still pretty much bringing the ball down the court and driving to the net. While it's true it can be said that football is driving the ball down the field and to the uprights, it seems to me there is an infinite number of different things that can happen in football as opposed to basketball.

And for me, at least, some of the excitement of basketball is diminished by the fact that there are just so many games. In football -- both college and professional -- there are so few games that everyone that follows the sport is pumped all week waiting for Saturday or Sunday.

Obviously I'm way off base here since basketball -- college and professional -- is enormously popular and I want to reiterate my respect for the athleticism of the players. I suppose it's just a personal preference and is a good reason why there are different sports. Gawd, don't even get me started on soccer!

With the OKC Thunder losing Russell Westbrook to knee surgery that makes things a little more interesting in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    i think that Hinrich is coachable. listens, and when it comes to those type of things, sad to say, those are things that Thibodou thinks are more important than attacking the rim. he would rather have someone with a high basketball IQ, that can't drive one on one (lets face it his one on one guy is not coming back till next year) I mean, honestly, how many guys in the NBA can drive one on one, and are crazy athletic, but barely play....
    I agree, but when it comes to PO is no more regular season and stats, especially points, assists and rebounds, are fundamental. hes doing a really great work on williams and he's one of the best defenders in the league, but did you see his stats yesterday? 4 pts and 1 assist in more than 35 mins! I dont think this choice is gonna pay till the end of the serie. Id prefer belinelli, even he's not a playmaker and he's not as good as hinrich in defense, or robinson, who can use swithcing defense, can steal, make asists and points.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I just don't get the big deal about a bunch of pituitary cases that are so tall they have to bend down to put a ball into a net.

Okay. I'm joking. Basketball players are among the greatest of all athletes, playing both defense and offense for an entire game and somehow incredibly managing to throw a ball thirty-five feet through a hoop that's only slightly larger in circumference than the ball itself.

But the reality is I'm a football guy -- specifically a college football guy. It's tough to compare the two sports, but it just seems to me that there's a sameness about the action in basketball. I get that each play is different, but it's still pretty much bringing the ball down the court and driving to the net. While it's true it can be said that football is driving the ball down the field and to the uprights, it seems to me there is an infinite number of different things that can happen in football as opposed to basketball.

And for me, at least, some of the excitement of basketball is diminished by the fact that there are just so many games. In football -- both college and professional -- there are so few games that everyone that follows the sport is pumped all week waiting for Saturday or Sunday.

Obviously I'm way off base here since basketball -- college and professional -- is enormously popular and I want to reiterate my respect for the athleticism of the players. I suppose it's just a personal preference and is a good reason why there are different sports. Gawd, don't even get me started on soccer!
    well, I don't know. Im italian and I dont understand sports like american football or baseball. I mean, it's your culture and im fine with it, but to me sports mean a playground or a field and the same players playing the entire game with no breaks or at least a few.
    Not that I dont know how complicate is american football and all the things as reguards studying playbooks and stuff, it's just basketball is so much more fascinating (even though its coming from the US like baseball and AF) and it appeals more.
    after ww2 americans tried to imprt to europe (especially germany and italy) their sports but only basketball lasted.

You're absolutely right about the cultural differences here. Americans are quirky when it comes to sports. Generally we like sports that have a lot of points scored rather than three hours of players running back and forth and back and forth on a field with crowds wildly cheering just because someone gets within fifty feet of a net and it all ends either tied or 1-0. That's why soccer's never caught on in America. Given the worldwide popularity of the sport, however, America is clearly in the minority.

QUOTE=Delthaindia;3249514]I agree, but when it comes to PO is no more regular season and stats, especially points, assists and rebounds, are fundamental. hes doing a really great work on williams and he's one of the best defenders in the league, but did you see his stats yesterday? 4 pts and 1 assist in more than 35 mins! I dont think this choice is gonna pay till the end of the serie. Id prefer belinelli, even he's not a playmaker and he's not as good as hinrich in defense, or robinson, who can use swithcing defense, can steal, make asists and points.

- - - Updated - - -

well, I don't know. Im italian and I dont understand sports like american football or baseball. I mean, it's your culture and im fine with it, but to me sports mean a playground or a field and the same players playing the entire game with no breaks or at least a few.
    Not that I dont know how complicate is american football and all the things as reguards studying playbooks and stuff, it's just basketball is so much more fascinating (even though its coming from the US like baseball and AF) and it appeals more.
    after ww2 americans tried to imprt to europe (especially germany and italy) their sports but only basketball lasted.[/QUOTE]

Go Spurs! Another big fan here.
    The New King of Eternia
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

You're absolutely right about the cultural differences here. Americans are quirky when it comes to sports. Generally we like sports that have a lot of points scored rather than three hours of players running back and forth and back and forth on a field with crowds wildly cheering just because someone gets within fifty feet of a net and it all ends either tied or 1-0. That's why soccer's never caught on in America. Given the worldwide popularity of the sport, however, America is clearly in the minority.

QUOTE=Delthaindia;3249514]I agree, but when it comes to PO is no more regular season and stats, especially points, assists and rebounds, are fundamental. hes doing a really great work on williams and he's one of the best defenders in the league, but did you see his stats yesterday? 4 pts and 1 assist in more than 35 mins! I dont think this choice is gonna pay till the end of the serie. Id prefer belinelli, even he's not a playmaker and he's not as good as hinrich in defense, or robinson, who can use swithcing defense, can steal, make asists and points.

- - - Updated - - -

after ww2 americans tried to imprt to europe (especially germany and italy) their sports but only basketball lasted.
    [/QUOTE]

well, that's for sure. i think europeans consider AF and baseball too slow and "mechanical", if you know what I mean. It's not a matter of scoring: a football game (Im sorry i refuse to call it soccer, its a made up word to me ) for example got an average of 3-4 goals per match, really close to a hockey game. sure there are matches that can finish 0-0, but they are very few or none in a match day.
    a football game last one and half hour, with a fifteen mintes break in the middle, it's not 3-4 hours...and I know that because Im coming from the city that partially invented football and rugby in 1400. so, for transitive property also american football.

edit: boston is strugglin against the hated bockers.
    Last edited by Delthaindia; April 26, 2013 at 08:58pm.

My mistake. To me and many Americans it just feels like three or four hours.

well, that's for sure. i think europeans consider AF and baseball too slow and "mechanical", if you know what I mean. It's not a matter of scoring: a football game (Im sorry i refuse to call it soccer, its a made up word to me ) for example got an average of 3-4 goals per match, really close to a hockey game. sure there are matches that can finish 0-0, but they are very few or none in a match day.
    a football game last one and half hour, with a fifteen mintes break in the middle, it's not 3-4 hours...and I know that because Im coming from the city that partially invented football and rugby in 1400. so, for transitive property also american football.

edit: boston is strugglin against the hated bockers.[/QUOTE]

Looks like both the Celtics and Lakers are done after going down 0-3.

My mistake. To me and many Americans it just feels like three or four hours.

edit: boston is strugglin against the hated bockers.
    [/QUOTE]

Lakers swept.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    With the OKC Thunder losing Russell Westbrook to knee surgery that makes things a little more interesting in the West.
    Absolutely. Assuming the teams up 3-1 win out, OKC will face Memphis... that could be a real series now. I'd pencil the Spurs into the Finals on the West side now.
    Last edited by ksensor; May 7, 2013 at 07:17pm.

I guess the Lakers have lost that old 'Magic'. The only Kobe they're gonna get is beef in Japan during off-season. They... --

SOMEONE STOP ME!!! SOMEONE STOP ME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Lakers swept.

I have to say, I didn't think the Bulls (especially without Derrick Rose) would be beating the Heat in Game 1 in Miami. Wow!