View Poll Results: What should the title of the new MOTU movie be?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

6 14.29%
  • Masters of the Universe

28 66.67%
  • He-Man

2 4.76%
  • Grayskull

4 9.52%
  • Other

2 4.76%

Thread: What should the title of the new MOTU movie be?

What should the title of the new MOTU movie be?

What should the title of the new MOTU movie be? We've had some past discussions, but not a poll, so I thought I'd put it out there.

He-Man & The Masters Of The Universe.
    I think the next incarnation of toys should also, finally, incorporate "He-Man" into the brand's title.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Masters of the Universe is all that's needed.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I went with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. I'd like to see the title a little different than the 80s one and the general population recognizes "He-Man" more than "Master of the Universe".

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I went with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. I'd like to see the title a little different than the 80s one and the general population recognizes "He-Man" more than "Master of the Universe".
    But maybe we want to trick the general public into watching a cool movie and then they realize is He-man

I think with the title He-Man people are going to become negative to it.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    ^^^^this for sure

The Wild Adventures of Prince A.D.A.M. and his Kooky Company.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    ..uh

How about 'Masters of the Universe : He-Man and She-Ra'

I mean really, masters is a plural term, is it not..?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Masters of the Universe II: The Search for More Money
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    I like 'masters of the universe'
    But what would be cool would be a sub title like ' fall of greyskull'( just as a example )
    And make it a trilogy , you know, star wars style

They should probably capitalize on the He-Man name as much as possible, but I guess Masters Of The Universe would be ok if they plan on name-dropping He-Man in the trailers, etc.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    This was my initial thought, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I agree with this more.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

It is ironic that this website is called He-Man.org but everyone is voting for Masters of the Universe.

He-Man is clearly the bigger name on the internet than Masters of the Universe. Why isn't this site called Mastersoftheunivrse.org?

Mastersoftheuniverse.org redirects to Mattel.com
    Mastersoftheuniverse.com redirects to Mattycollector

Mattel doesn't have a lot of confidence in the name "Masters of the Universe" if they just use it for redirects. Not calling the movie He-Man is going to be a major blunder. Lets not fall into group think and blow this. If you you type in the domain "masters of the universe" it is saying did you mean He-Man?

Lets be smart about this. The movie should be called He-Man because that is what people know.

Masters of the Universe definitely. Perhaps go with the recent trend with films and add something like Masters of the Universe: Rise of the Horde or/ Masters of the Universe: The coming of He-Man
    I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    It is ironic that this website is called He-Man.org but everyone is voting for Masters of the Universe.

He-Man is clearly the bigger name on the internet than Masters of the Universe. Why isn't this site called Mastersoftheunivrse.org?

Mastersoftheuniverse.org redirects to Mattel.com
    Mastersoftheuniverse.com redirects to Mattycollector

Mattel doesn't have a lot of confidence in the name "Masters of the Universe" if they just use it for redirects. Not calling the movie He-Man is going to be a major blunder. Lets not fall into group think and blow this. If you you type in the domain "masters of the universe" it is saying did you mean He-Man?

Lets be smart about this. The movie should be called He-Man because that is what people know.
    When I run a google search for MOTU it does not ask if I meant He-Man. And the search for MOTU is a successful search (meaning all things MOTU comes up).

I'd say Masters of the Universe. And here's why: Including "He-Man" in the title may be a bit polarizing in terms of net "marketing" effect. Some will go, "oh, hey, I remember that from childhood -- let's go!". Others will be unfortunately informed only by the negative stereotypes around the name/term "He-Man", and opt out of it for whatever misbegotten groupthink reasoning from there. By calling it simply MoTU, people who know what it means (the first crowd inclusive) will be onboard anyway . For the other group, they will either be unconvinced (no change to viewership) or somewhat (even if only subconsciously) more likely to check it out for having avoided calling up the negative connotations that go with "He-Man" in some public-consciousness circles. That's my take on it, anyhow. In a perfect world unconcerned with navigating around the often disappointing public, Id' say the title ought to be the full and proper "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe". Alas, that is not the world we live in, as I see it.

... To opine further along these lines, script/dialog-wise, I would anticipate that any forthcoming movie (for I'm still not convinced it will happen, yet) will either fully and consistently refer to the (perhaps titular) hero as "He-Man" -- doubtful -- OR -- do something more like what Marvel movies do, where they only name-drop "He-Man" indirectly and/or only once or twice, if not in simply an utterly oblique fan servicey kind of way, just to cover the base. Think: how "Starlord" was handled in the Guardians of the Galaxy (as a positive example of a more name-drop-ish approach).

edit: then again, they may go along a different angle entirely for the title. Something evocative to catch the first crowd mentioned above (the fans and nostalgia-bound) but evasive of the original property name. Some contrivance such as, "The Power of Grayskull" or "Grayskull: something", etc.
    Last edited by The Timeless One; March 6, 2015 at 07:02pm.