Thread: He-Man and the Masters of Space (?)

Court Magician

He-Man and the Masters of Space (?)

I've seen this referred to a few times and would be intrigued to know more about it. I understand it was the Filmation pitch for what eventually Jetlag got for NA and tidbits I have heard include a suggestion that the Starship Eternia was under Castle Grayskull and Skeletor had a sister, niece and nephew (sounds pretty disastrous if I am honest!).

I appreciate info may be on the NA DVD box-set but being in the UK I think I will be waiting forever for it to come out on region 2! And I am not really willing to buy a multi-region player and then import these discs from the United States just for this DVD extra! Had this had a UK release I would have picked it up by now.

Does anyone know where I could read any more info on this, or have anything else to share on it?

Starship Eternia was over Castle Grayskill
    ...and NO!
    Skeletor have in New Adventrue no sister!

Skeletor have a nephew (Adam of Grayskull / He-Man) and a niece (Adora of Grayskull)

NOTE: in NA exsist Adam of Grayskull nomore!
    Adam / He-Man get a new alternative identity "Adam Sebrian"

Master Sebrian said: "This is my nephew, he came from Leviathan"
    Last edited by ˛He-Ro; April 8, 2013 at 05:06am.
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro˛ - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

The Filmation bible for NA has not been in public yet. But it does exist. And since it had stuff like Skeletor having a sister, maybe it's better it was never used for final product.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Ugh I can only imagine what her name would have been... Skeletra....Skeleterwoman...man.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

uhh bamp!!!
    i looked in the royal family tree topic and realised a BIG FAIL!!!

Skeletor have in New Adventrue no sister!
    Keldor / Skeletor have a sister (known as 'Royal Sister' ) and 2 brothers (King Randor & King Stefen)

But the Sister is sure not in the Future!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Ugh I can only imagine what her name would have been... Skeletra....Skeleterwoman...man.
    Well aparently:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagar View Post
    However, in Filmation's pitch circa 1988/89 for He-Man and the Masters of Space, a show featuring the characters from the new He-Man line, Skeletor did have a sister called Skeletrix and a nephew and niece called Funnybone and Hunnybone.
    Personlly I really don't like the idea of Skeletor having a sister and a nephew and niece, and I really hope that never makes it into the MOTUC story.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Keldor / Skeletor hat in MOTU Vintage and NA all time a Sister and 2 Brothers! and a lot of nephew and nieces!!!

You're mixing up official canons with your own family tree now.

Skeletor never was officially revealed to be Keldor before the 200X show. Keldor only was PLANNED to be Skeletor in the 80s, based solely on what Phil White claimed in an interview. But that plan never came to fruition.

Even more important: That plan was designed years after the Filmation cartoon started. And in that show, Skeletor was supposed to be an otherworldly demon, based on Michael Halperin's series bible.

So, if you take Phil White's plan as official canon, you'd also have to take Michael Halperin's bible as official canon as well. In that case, Skeletor is not related to the Royal family at all. And if you try to bring both White's and Halperin's Skeletor origins together, you'd basically create a fanfic there which still would not be offical canon. As for NA, it's debatable whether or not that era should even be seen as an in-canon continuation of the previous show.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

We know NA is the following story of vintage MOTU
    (Canon: Mini-comic von NA and german Bastai Comic!)
    [Episode 1 -3 from the NA Cartoon are wrong!]
    01.jpghe-man_02_full.jpg

The Family Trees in the topic i speak from based on canon stuff and non canon stuff like SoH.
    The Royal Family Tree Topic is a collection of all canon stuff form every line, but i seak from this here when it give a good over view!

...but the Royal Sister and King Stefen are Canon from the Filmation Cartoon!
    king-stephen-a.jpg

In the The Search for Keldor Mini-Comic from vintage MOTU Skeltors tells us he is or better he was Keldor!
    (Better said: Skeltor suggests it clearly! )
    and in same Mini-Comic Randor said Keldor is his brother!
    01.jpg

You see i don't need the Interviews, 200X Stuff or non Canon Stuff to explain it!
    Last edited by ˛He-Ro; April 16, 2013 at 09:31pm.

You mix different vintage canons together as if they were meant to be the same canon right from the start. In "Search for Keldor", it's all up for interpretation whether or not Skeletor is Keldor. His line could easily be read as something different. We know that Phil White wanted them to be one and the same. But it was NOT revealed in the minicomic, and Skeletor's line is up for interpretation. We cannot even tell if Mattel would've run with White's idea if MotU continued. And if you bring up "non-canon stuff like SoH", then you just cannot ignore that based on Halperin's bible, Filmation Skeletor was a demon from Infinitia, making it tough to argue how that fits together with him being Randor's brother Keldor.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."