View Poll Results: Which breakdown would you have given the sub if you were the brand manager?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • All 6 slots should be MOTU!

3 3.26%
  • 5 MOTU and 1 POP.

11 11.96%
  • 4 MOTU and 2 POP.

29 31.52%
  • Right down the middle. They should each have 3 slots!

47 51.09%
  • 4 POP and 2 MOTU.

2 2.17%
  • 5 POP and 1 MOTU.

0 0%
  • All 6 slots should be POP!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think the ratio of the Filmation Subscription should have been?

What do you think the ratio of the Filmation Subscription should have been?

How many characters in the Filmation sub should have come from He-Man and how many from She-Ra? This isn't a statement about faction loyalty or which cartoon you preferred. I just want to know an honest assessment based on the number of characters wanted from both shows.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Should have been an even 3-3 for the sake of fairness (even if POP had the more interesting Filmation Original characters.) But I have a bad feeling that the Pirate sword will be for the only POP character on said sub. I don't believe we'll get 3 Filmation POP characters on the CF sub
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

The most reasonable approach would have been to do 3-3. Though some fans are more pro-MOTU or pro-POP, and would have preferred more or all of one over the other, the BALANCED thing to do would be to provide 3 characters from both to make EVERYONE happy. Many of the top Filmation POP are Horde characters anyway - Vultak, Col. Blast, Dylamug, Scorpia (though she'll be in the main sub), Inspector Darkney and Admiral Scurvy. I think MOTU fans would be won over by Horde characters, so it would be easy to split it up. Red Knight, Huntara, Gen. Sunder and Madame Razz are strong for non-Horde characters.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Even would be great; there are far more PoP toon characters I want than MOTU!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I voted for an even 3-3.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I voted 5 MOTU and 1 POP. Not because I don't like POP. But in MOTU there were more one-shot characters with interesting designs. The POP consist more of main players like Sea Hawk, Scorpia & Razz who fit in better in the main line even though Sea Hawk probably is in the Filmation sub.

No matter which way you slice it, I have a stroooooong "suspicion" that the sub looks like this:
    - 5 to 1
    - 5 to 1
    - 5 to 1

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    No matter which way you slice it, I have a stroooooong "suspicion" that the sub looks like this:
    - 5 to 1
    - 5 to 1
    - 5 to 1
    That certainly seems to be the consensus among fans with everything that has been stated to this point. I myself agree that it will probably end up being 5 MOTU and 1 POP. I also have a feeling most fans would not have gone with that ratio were they in a position to choose. While I chose 3-3 because I love both shows enormously I think at least a 4-2 split would have been appropriate given the amount of episodes each show had and the amount of characters available from both.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    That certainly seems to be the consensus among fans with everything that has been stated to this point. I myself agree that it will probably end up being 5 MOTU and 1 POP. I also have a feeling most fans would not have gone with that ratio were they in a position to choose. While I chose 3-3 because I love both shows enormously I think at least a 4-2 split would have been appropriate given the amount of episodes each show had and the amount of characters available from both.
    Correct. But in my answer I'm not just talking about the ratio of MOTU to PoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Correct. But in my answer I'm not just talking about the ratio of MOTU to PoP.
    I assume you mean males to females and villians to heroes? I hope that's not the case but if it is I would not agree with those either.

50/50 would be ideal, I mean POP or MOTU, Filmation is Filmation, and all good.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It should have been even.

Especially since of the three Filmation figures in the main sub (Fang Man, Octavia, and mystery figure), 2 are motu.

Huntara more than fits the "seldom seen, often demanded" thing that Scott is using.

I'm wondering how he will explain why Huntara isn't there, since she is in the top ten on every single Filmation "wanted" poll on the Org, despite her sole 1-shot appearance. She's Far more interesting a character than, say, Nepthu. Right?

Of course, this I'm Assuming Huntara will be missing. ;(
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    It should be an event split between MOTU Filmation and POP Filmation!

It was sold as "heroes AND villains" from "MOTU and POP", but it seems like we'll only be getting a single hero from POP and a mix of heroes and villains from MOTU. I would be happy to be proven wrong though!

I voted for an even 50/50 split.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Snappy Threader
    4 for MOTU: Icer, Batros, Shokoti, Strong Arm, Lizard Man
    2 for POP: Sea Hawk, Madame Razz w/Broom

Ok thats 5 and 2. I would be happy with either Strong Arm or Lizard Man.....

Heroic Warrior
    Voted for equality...

-Shokoti, Batros, Icer
    -Seahawk, Madam Razz w/Broom, Huntara

I believe an even split would've been the way to go. There are characters that have had one-shot appearances on both shows that could be used to fill the six slots and still have a strong Filmation sub. That's what i believe anyway.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I voted for an even split. Filmation POP has some great characters such as Huntara, Scorpia, Sea Hawk, Madame Razz, Hunga, Gen Sundar, etc.

I fear will get at least one figure that is not a highly demanded Filmation character, like Nepthu because it someone Scott likes. Which bothers me to no end, this line should not be "what figures does Scott want", we as customers should have more input since we are the ones paying for them.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I voted 3 and 3. To me there are more Filmation POP wants than Filmation MOTU wants. Strong Arm and Lizard Man, and I'd pretty much be done with Filmation MOTU. Howver, POP has Scropia, Sea Hawk, Madame Razz, Dylamug, Vultak, Huntara, Red Knight....just much more interesting character selection to me.

3 and 3 is what I went with.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Even split.

At the very least there should be 2 POP, 3 would be great!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'd say 4 MOTU/2 POP.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Voted for equality...

-Shokoti, Batros, Icer
    -Seahawk, Madam Razz w/Broom, Huntara
    I want to change my vote. 2, 2, 1, & 1.

MOTU: Shokoti, Icer
    POP: Seahawk, Huntara
    Bravestarr: Tex Hex
    Blackstar: Blackstar (show or concept. Concept would be epic.)

Half and half
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Definitely a 50/50 split. There's only a handful of characters from the He-Man cartoon that I think would make great figures while there's a lot more characters from the She-Ra cartoon that would make amazing figures. Especially Horde members!!

I'll love anything we're getting in any Filmation sub though. Regardless if they went to either extreme: 100% MOTU or 100% POP.

Shokoti is my favorite so far.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!