Thread: gross fast food

gross fast food

i dont eat alot of fast food. today i had an A & W burger. skipped on the fries/soda because its usually too much salt/sugar. man, this burger was gross. it had no flavor or vegetables. just salt and more salt. i felt like i was eating a bun dipped in brine.

then i went to Dairy Queen. havent been to DQ in 10 years. their ice cream is gross. it doesn't even taste like there is dairy in it. just fluffy sweetened slime. now i feel sick.

subway and pita pit aren't bad. you can choose real fresh vegetables. but these other places are awful. its not even real food.
    how do these places make money?

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Pretty much they are all gross. I guess a lot of it is marketing.
    Last edited by Dave-Man; April 24, 2013 at 08:37am. Reason: Double post
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

I had an Arby's roast beef nightmare a few months back. Barely kept it down.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I had an Arby's roast beef nightmare a few months back. Barely kept it down.
    I had an Arby's roast beef nightmare when I was in middle school and haven't been able to eat one since then.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I know a lot of people love it, but I cannot eat in either Taco Bell or KFC. I find their food disgusting (though I do have to admit I like the biscuists at KFC). I seem to remember KFC being much better when I was a kid; less greasy, etc, but I had to give up.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

One man's gross is another man's gourmet.

I'm not big on junkfood but every now and again it hits the spot. I agree that KFC was WAAAY better when I was a kid. I prefer this place called chick 'n joy actually. But when I went to South Africa the KFC was GREAT!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I can't talk bad about KFC because I live in Kentucky about 20 minutes from Headquarters. It is like the law or something. lol.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Pretty much all the places mentioned in here thus far I absolutely love!

Used to love Taco Bell, but I don't think it tastes very good and is kinda gross now.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I love Popeye's mashed potatoes (no gravy) and biscuits. Gross but wonderful.

Did you see the story today about the 14 year old McDonalds hamburger that never rotted? It seemed in the late 70's to mid 80's it wasn't as bad. It's funny when they made them stop putting it in styrofoam containers to save the planet, the food got worse and more poisonous to us. Go figure.
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Is-rael View Post
    Did you see the story today about the 14 year old McDonalds hamburger that never rotted? It seemed in the late 70's to mid 80's it wasn't as bad. It's funny when they made them stop putting it in styrofoam containers to save the planet, the food got worse and more poisonous to us. Go figure.
    I don't know about the US mcdonalds but the Canadian mcdonalds did this new website where they will answer ANY question you have re their company food etc. so even if the answer was detrimental to them they still answered, of course they had the corporate spin to keep them in a positive light but they still answered them all and left them up to be read. the campaign was a success and their business went up. EG they asked about the calories in a shake and it was a high number they said the number and added that it should be an occassional treat (corporate spin but true) check out yourquestions.mcdonalds.ca it's pretty interesting, they address some with videos or follow up info, they actually address the food left out thing too. believe it or not but it's a pretty cool move from a marketing point of view.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I had an Arby's roast beef nightmare when I was in middle school and haven't been able to eat one since then.
    Mojo sent!
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

i dont have any digestive problems. pretty healthy here but taco hell is gross. ate their twice and got terribly sick. file that one in with A & W and DQ. mcdonalds i can have on occasion. but if you read their nutrition chart on a meal with a milkshake it really looks like something you should not put in your body. unless you want to get fat and die. or you're making a documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    One man's gross is another man's gourmet.

I'm not big on junkfood but every now and again it hits the spot. I agree that KFC was WAAAY better when I was a kid. I prefer this place called chick 'n joy actually. But when I went to South Africa the KFC was GREAT!
    I agree about KFC used to being better. I don't know what it is, but it seems different than when I used to have it as a kid. I'm pretty sure they used to cook it so the skin was a bit more crispier. It seems more soggier now. I don't know if that's just me, or if it really did change.

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    I agree about KFC used to being better. I don't know what it is, but it seems different than when I used to have it as a kid. I'm pretty sure they used to cook it so the skin was a bit more crispier. It seems more soggier now. I don't know if that's just me, or if it really did change.
    YES!! It IS soggier! it isn't just you. thats why i prefer chick n joy, nice a crispy tastes more like how I remember KFC.
    Last edited by krosfyah; April 25, 2013 at 12:10pm.

Fear is faith in failure

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I've barely touched fast food since my state "generously" put me on food stamps 3 years ago. I can buy and cook better food myself for less money. The local IGA gets chicken breast meat so big you'd think it came from turkeys.

Although the fast food companies have been slowly but surely lobbying to get the government to allow food stamps at fast food restaurants and a few states agreed. Just what we need. People wasting their entire monthly allotment at Red Lobster in one meal.

man... is it bad that after i read this thread i had to go and get some taco bell... hahahah i love the stuff...
    i dont eat it often but i do love me some fast food.. all except burger king..
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    man... is it bad that after i read this thread i had to go and get some taco bell... hahahah i love the stuff...
    i dont eat it often but i do love me some fast food.. all except burger king..
    I want some fried chicken!!

Fear is faith in failure

KFC would be better if the chicken was fresh. It sits around too long, I think. I do like their grilled chicken a lot, though, as long as it hasn't been sitting around too long.

I'm really not that big on fast food myself, but when I do indulge it's usually Taco Bell. I'm a vegetarian and I can substitute beans on anything there. Their menu that caters to people like me is huge, and I love refried beans!