Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Faction allocation...In display.

MOTUC Faction allocation...In display.

Hey... Just was thinking about how many figures we already have. Are you guys following a "standard" cannon to display your figures or do you are designing your own universes.

ME for example; I have the Evil warriors split in two. One group with Skelletor and other group with Jitsu. I tried to keep an "originals group" or "core-ish" group to Skelly, and an more "loner-ish" group for Jitsu. For example...

Also I have the FFM and the pilot like a Horde mini faction...

Just for fun... Post here if you have a cannon of your own going on in your shelves.

Good Journey!

Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger12PR
    PSN: Avenger12PR

I do this as well. I'd bet it's fairly common, given the controversial nature of the bio's. I am a devoted Christ follower, so my display reflects that. I have Granamyr with the snake men, since Satan is called the great red dragon in Revelation (although he has 7 heads and 10 horns as well). He and Draego-Man are both with the snake men since they are dragons, which are the Biblical word for dinosaurs, and since Satan is both a serpent and a dragon. And since giants are born of rebellious angels, all giants are with my Horde display. The FFM are placed in the groups where the vehicles they pilot are found, all with the good guys except for Dittstroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I do this as well. I'd bet it's fairly common, given the controversial nature of the bio's. I am a devoted Christ follower, so my display reflects that. I have Granamyr with the snake men, since Satan is called the great red dragon in Revelation (although he has 7 heads and 10 horns as well). He and Draego-Man are both with the snake men since they are dragons, which are the Biblical word for dinosaurs, and since Satan is both a serpent and a dragon. And since giants are born of rebellious angels, all giants are with my Horde display. The FFM are placed in the groups where the vehicles they pilot are found, all with the good guys except for Dittstroyer.
    Wow...So nice that you can fit both your devotion to Christ and your MOTU together.

Well, at lest now I now I'm not alone in the faction-allocation. If you can... I would love to see a pic of how Granny and Draego look with the Snake Men.
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

is there any reference in the bible as regards the foe men? do u use clamp champ or he man as jesus? yes, it is sarcasm.

Iìm sorry but it was too tempting. may be is granamyr speaking...I mean...satan....
    Last edited by Delthaindia; October 1, 2013 at 12:11pm.
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I have only 7 factions where to display my MOC AF.
    1. The Royal Family
    2. Heroic Warriors
    3. Evil Warriors
    4. The Horde
    5. The Snakemen
    6. Indipendent Warriors
    7. Cosmic Warriors

I hope to add a special place for the Castle, Granamyr and the loose doubles of Skeletor, He-Man, Sorceress, Gwildor, Blade, Karg, Saurod, Mer-Man and Scareglow.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior
    Mine is pretty easy since I only collect Vintage Filmation. So Heroic Warriors on one side and Evil Warriors on the Other.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I have only 7 factions where to display my MOC AF.
    1. The Royal Family
    2. Heroic Warriors
    3. Evil Warriors
    4. The Horde
    5. The Snakemen
    6. Indipendent Warriors
    7. Cosmic Warriors

I hope to add a special place for the Castle, Granamyr and the loose doubles of Skeletor, He-Man, Sorceress, Gwildor, Blade, Karg, Saurod, Mer-Man and Scareglow.
    Wow... I admire you... MOC... I would feel tempted to open up these beauties every time I'd take a look at them!

But nice...So you display them pretty straight forward... Cannon wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    Mine is pretty easy since I only collect Vintage Filmation. So Heroic Warriors on one side and Evil Warriors on the Other.
    And you are not getting the new Filmation figures? Just the vintage (motu) ones?

realy nice set up ,what size is lion o ?,i thought he was out of scale ?, great pics and nice idea love the idea of incorporating the old playsets etc

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Mostly by the old school/Filmation canon:

POG: King Grayskull in the back; it’s He-Ro, the Most Powerful Wizard in the Universe and Sharella (Green Goddess) up front, with a space reserved for Eldor. PED He-Man, a snakified Hiss and the big yellow ape are there, as well as the giants.

She-Ra: A few new displays with some room left in each. She-Ra and the rebels (including the rock people) against the Horde, with the opening lines from the first three episodes in front of one of the displays (“Where darkness rules fights the champion of light. Where hope seems los, there rides…the Rebellion!”)

Snake Men: all the snake figures in one display against TP He-Man.

NA: all the NA figures thus far along with TOD Sorceress.

200x: Allt he 200x inspired figures/variants along with a few others mixed in like original Randor to round it out.

Monstroid shelf: the old Monstroid surrounded by some of the classic MOTU characters.

Foe Men: the three Foe Men with their corresponding vehicles; also where Fang Man, Strobo and Icer wound up for now.

Molarr and the variants: the Molarr set with some of the variant forms of the figures around it, as well as oddballs like Spector and Laserlot.

A couple extra shelves for things like toy version She-Ra and Wun-Dar

The big one: The cardboard Castle from the original KG is the centerpiece of the main Classics display. All the big guns are there with the cats and Granamyr. One small shelf with the royal family and Cringer. Swifty is there as is the Wind Raider. A lot of this will move to go around the real Grayskull when it arrives. Since Ram Man will be there, that’s where Shapoopie will be going, as well. Still toying with giving Rammy a word ballon there mashing her name…
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

My shelf is currently too small (and dusty) to show off, but I have a general theme.

He-Man and the Masters are all together as they should be with some exceptions. More "spacey" themed characters are hanging out with She-Ra.

The Great Rebellion consists of She-Ra, Bow, the rock warriors, Sy-Klone, Snout Spout, Frosta, and the NA Galactic Protectors. GP He-Man is a new character called Primus in that group (using some imagination to justify a variant in my setup).

Skeletor's crew is pretty much Skeletor's crew. Batros, however, is currently kneeling at Hordak's feet.

The Horde has grown to annex the Space Mutants. I took Horde arm bands off of any character that came with them and put them on the Mutants.

Horde Prime does not exist in the Hadleyverse. He's replaced by a politician / high priest type figure called the Primarch, with a custom head designed after the great Gbagok's interpretation of the character. Together, Hordak and the Primarch are the "two heads" of the Horde.

I'm torn on what to do with the FFM. they're named Rotak, Talos, and Traxa in the Hadleyverse. I'm sure you can tell who is who. I just don't think Talos and Traxa fit with the Horde.

Preternia characters don't really figure in to my display. King Grayskull was repainted to look like a statue. I don't have He-Ro and don't want him, but I have plans for a spirit version...

I have created several characters for my own custom sub faction, Vikor and the Defenders of Gnarl. I've stalled out a bit with my creations, but I have several figures done and a bunch more in parts and pieces waiting for me to get to work on. The FFM will eventually end up here, working for Hurricane Hordak wearing UK Prime's head as a new character named Gilduk, a character that lusts for wealth and missed the war against King Grayskull and escaped banishment by hiding in a gold mine.

Independent villains (Marzo, Faceless, Demo Man, Gygor, etc) are depicted facing off against King He-Man, Spector, and a detachment of royal guards on a bottom shelf. No, it doesn't make sense. They'll get real homes one day.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    At the moment, my collection is tiny and packed away back home. When I get it out (possibly around Christmas), I'd split it up in the following ways.

Powers of Grayskull: My main focus for this line. He-Ro vs. King Hiss, Tytus vs. Megator. Eldor definitely to be added, and possibly other Snake Men and Preternia Disguise He-Man. At the moment, I'm in one of my "King Grayskull is 200X history only" moods. I'm also thinking of picking up the Star Sisters and Shokoti, and giving them a Preternian background--given what we know, it's entirely possible. Indeed, Shokoti might be the witch who imprisoned them in the first place. A Hordak (classic or Spirit) is tempting here, now that I think I can make a strong case that he was the original Unnamed One. Also, if Granamyr gets deeply discounted on Black Friday/Cyber Monday, he's very tempting . . .

The Classic Era: He-Man and Man-at-Arms vs. Skeletor and Faker. I'd really like to add Teela, Beast-Man, Evil-Lyn, the Sorceress, and Scare Glow, but I consider it far from feasible.

My Favorite Year: Thunder Punch He-Man, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, and Hordak. I'd like to fill up the other 1985 figures, but again, far from feasible at this point.

I'm also tempted to get the New Adventures releases, since I never had any beyond He-Man and Skeletor, and they seem generally inexpensive. If they make Mara, I definitely need her, and then a Galactic Protector He-Man to confront her as Nemesis. I think I'd give Mara He-Ro's sword in that case--it's not quite the weapon I pictured, but it makes a fitting stand-in for the Sword of Hope.
    Last edited by Matthew L. Martin; October 1, 2013 at 07:01pm.

Here you are. There's 3 pics total. http://s216.photobucket.com/user/nic...tml?sort=3&o=0

I have a little bit of a faction scheme going.

Shelf 1 has BA He-Man and BA- Skeletor riding Battle Cat and Panthor. Next to them is my Snake Men faction, then my Cosmic Enforcers, then a shelf of independent operators like Faceless One and Shokoti.

Shelf 2 is all of my Evil Warriors and basically anyone Evil who isn't Horde or strict Preternian. Evil Warriors, Mutants, Shadow Beast, they're all here.

Shelf 3 is all heroic warriors including Galactic Protectors and the Bandai Lion-o and Tygra. Just because.

Shelf 4 is Great Rebellion on the left side, Horde in the middle, and the Sweet Vykron trio on the right.

Shelf 5 is my 200x Grayskull with Preternia characters.

Shelf 6 is Eternian Royal family (including Keldor), King He-Man, and palace guards.

Shelf 7 is variants.

Shelf 8 is the Windraider and the giants.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by javert View Post
    realy nice set up ,what size is lion o ?,i thought he was out of scale ?, great pics and nice idea love the idea of incorporating the old playsets etc
    thanks, he is out of scale...but the other one that ia have is too big.. i preffer a cat to be smaller than a human... tthanks about the playsets, they are out of scale also but works weel for backdrops...

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Mostly by the old school/Filmation canon:

POG: King Grayskull in the back; it’s He-Ro, the Most Powerful Wizard in the Universe and Sharella (Green Goddess) up front, with a space reserved for Eldor. PED He-Man, a snakified Hiss and the big yellow ape are there, as well as the giants.

She-Ra: A few new displays with some room left in each. She-Ra and the rebels (including the rock people) against the Horde, with the opening lines from the first three episodes in front of one of the displays (“Where darkness rules fights the champion of light. Where hope seems los, there rides…the Rebellion!”)

Snake Men: all the snake figures in one display against TP He-Man.

NA: all the NA figures thus far along with TOD Sorceress.

200x: Allt he 200x inspired figures/variants along with a few others mixed in like original Randor to round it out.

Monstroid shelf: the old Monstroid surrounded by some of the classic MOTU characters.

Foe Men: the three Foe Men with their corresponding vehicles; also where Fang Man, Strobo and Icer wound up for now.

Molarr and the variants: the Molarr set with some of the variant forms of the figures around it, as well as oddballs like Spector and Laserlot.

A couple extra shelves for things like toy version She-Ra and Wun-Dar

The big one: The cardboard Castle from the original KG is the centerpiece of the main Classics display. All the big guns are there with the cats and Granamyr. One small shelf with the royal family and Cringer. Swifty is there as is the Wind Raider. A lot of this will move to go around the real Grayskull when it arrives. Since Ram Man will be there, that’s where Shapoopie will be going, as well. Still toying with giving Rammy a word ballon there mashing her name…
    Wow... you have all the figs very organized... lol... Shapoopie... that just made my day.... i like the opening lines thingy... nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    My shelf is currently too small (and dusty) to show off, but I have a general theme.

He-Man and the Masters are all together as they should be with some exceptions. More "spacey" themed characters are hanging out with She-Ra.

The Great Rebellion consists of She-Ra, Bow, the rock warriors, Sy-Klone, Snout Spout, Frosta, and the NA Galactic Protectors. GP He-Man is a new character called Primus in that group (using some imagination to justify a variant in my setup).

Skeletor's crew is pretty much Skeletor's crew. Batros, however, is currently kneeling at Hordak's feet.

The Horde has grown to annex the Space Mutants. I took Horde arm bands off of any character that came with them and put them on the Mutants.

Horde Prime does not exist in the Hadleyverse. He's replaced by a politician / high priest type figure called the Primarch, with a custom head designed after the great Gbagok's interpretation of the character. Together, Hordak and the Primarch are the "two heads" of the Horde.

I'm torn on what to do with the FFM. they're named Rotak, Talos, and Traxa in the Hadleyverse. I'm sure you can tell who is who. I just don't think Talos and Traxa fit with the Horde.

Preternia characters don't really figure in to my display. King Grayskull was repainted to look like a statue. I don't have He-Ro and don't want him, but I have plans for a spirit version...

I have created several characters for my own custom sub faction, Vikor and the Defenders of Gnarl. I've stalled out a bit with my creations, but I have several figures done and a bunch more in parts and pieces waiting for me to get to work on. The FFM will eventually end up here, working for Hurricane Hordak wearing UK Prime's head as a new character named Gilduk, a character that lusts for wealth and missed the war against King Grayskull and escaped banishment by hiding in a gold mine.

Independent villains (Marzo, Faceless, Demo Man, Gygor, etc) are depicted facing off against King He-Man, Spector, and a detachment of royal guards on a bottom shelf. No, it doesn't make sense. They'll get real homes one day.
    i like that idea of the independent villains facing off the guards with spector... that should look fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    At the moment, my collection is tiny and packed away back home. When I get it out (possibly around Christmas), I'd split it up in the following ways.

Powers of Grayskull: My main focus for this line. He-Ro vs. King Hiss, Tytus vs. Megator. Eldor definitely to be added, and possibly other Snake Men and Preternia Disguise He-Man. At the moment, I'm in one of my "King Grayskull is 200X history only" moods. I'm also thinking of picking up the Star Sisters and Shokoti, and giving them a Preternian background--given what we know, it's entirely possible. Indeed, Shokoti might be the witch who imprisoned them in the first place. A Hordak (classic or Spirit) is tempting here, now that I think I can make a strong case that he was the original Unnamed One. Also, if Granamyr gets deeply discounted on Black Friday/Cyber Monday, he's very tempting . . .

The Classic Era: He-Man and Man-at-Arms vs. Skeletor and Faker. I'd really like to add Teela, Beast-Man, Evil-Lyn, the Sorceress, and Scare Glow, but I consider it far from feasible.

My Favorite Year: Thunder Punch He-Man, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, and Hordak. I'd like to fill up the other 1985 figures, but again, far from feasible at this point.

I'm also tempted to get the New Adventures releases, since I never had any beyond He-Man and Skeletor, and they seem generally inexpensive. If they make Mara, I definitely need her, and then a Galactic Protector He-Man to confront her as Nemesis. I think I'd give Mara He-Ro's sword in that case--it's not quite the weapon I pictured, but it makes a fitting stand-in for the Sword of Hope.
    you should get the NA stuff.... they are very neat and fit right into the motuc lines.

Here you are. There's 3 pics total. http://s216.photobucket.com/user/nic...tml?sort=3&o=0
    you were not kidding...DM looks great in there. you have the goddess in there too...intresting....
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I have a little bit of a faction scheme going.

Shelf 1 has BA He-Man and BA- Skeletor riding Battle Cat and Panthor. Next to them is my Snake Men faction, then my Cosmic Enforcers, then a shelf of independent operators like Faceless One and Shokoti.

Shelf 2 is all of my Evil Warriors and basically anyone Evil who isn't Horde or strict Preternian. Evil Warriors, Mutants, Shadow Beast, they're all here.

Shelf 3 is all heroic warriors including Galactic Protectors and the Bandai Lion-o and Tygra. Just because.

Shelf 4 is Great Rebellion on the left side, Horde in the middle, and the Sweet Vykron trio on the right.

Shelf 5 is my 200x Grayskull with Preternia characters.

Shelf 6 is Eternian Royal family (including Keldor), King He-Man, and palace guards.

Shelf 7 is variants.

Shelf 8 is the Windraider and the giants.
    no riders on the windraider.... and who will fight the giants.... haahah nice set up... like the shelve number 4....

Oh, and the green goddess, or the Green Godless as I call her, is with the snake men as well, for obvious reasons. I actually have a Christianized MOTU fan fiction if you care to read it. It gets better as you get into it. I started out just writing it like a slightly longer bio, which developed into a full blown story and the quality gets better after I started to really go into detail. I'm not a writer, though I'd like to be, but the quality of this really surprised me when I was done with it.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...save-the-Queen
    Last edited by nicholighkun; October 1, 2013 at 07:59pm.

wow all realy nice stuff id want lion-o in my collection to , looks nice playsets dont look to out of scale and great backdrops ,impressed

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    on my computer I have the pre filmation box art version character he-man on battle cat with m@a, teela & stratos. accross from skeletor on panthor with evil lyn, blue mer man, beast man on griffin.

display for keldor, evil lyn, beast man, kronis, mer man & tri klops

on my book shelf, first shelf is all the POG characters, next to them on the same shelf is SOH.

next shelf down is the snake men, on the right of them the horde.

shelf below that skeletor & his evil warriors, on the right is all the independent villains.

On another shelf I have all the heroic warriors.

next is POP next to the royal family.

last is NA.

and I do try to group them in a type of order by importance & how they were released originally
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Bad Guys on one side, Good guys on the other.

The Bad Guys are on the left.

None of the figures I have are associated with the devil or with any sky daddies, btw. They are just toys.

I have 1 full book shelf and a half book shelf for my stuff.

Full book shelf:

Top - The cats, Sky Sled, Polly Pocket set.

1st shelf - Heroic Warriors and Galactic Protectors

2nd shelf - Evil Warriors and Space Mutants

3rd shelf - Rebels and Horde

4th shelf - Snake Men and Preternia heroes

Bottom shelf - Great Unrest era type characters.

Half book shelf:

The variants, Wind Raider, other beasts and box full of spare parts.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Mainly I have two shelves so far...main MOTU lineup and ancient characters.

Main Bedshelf MOTU Lineup:

Hordak
    Shadow Weaver
    Leech
    Grizzlor
    Mosquitor

Skeletor (Alcala Skeletor head on regular Skeletor)
    Evil-Lyn (Battleground Evil-Lyn with cape and helmeted head)
    Beast Man
    Mer-Man (Green version with cardback head)
    Tri-Klops (with both of his swords)
    Trap Jaw
    Clawful
    Whiplash (Vintage head)
    Webstor
    Jitsu
    Scareglow
    Spikor
    Stinkor (200X head, breather, gun, shield and tanks)
    Panthor
    Griffin

He-Man (standard version with axe and shield; occasionally swap with TRU He-Man head on King Grayskull II body without cape and armed with silver Techno Sword)
    Teela (Battleground Teela head on regular Teela body with BG Teela sword and gun; occasionally swap with whole Battleground Teela figure)
    Man-At-Arms (Snake MAA body with moustached head and 200X arm cannon)
    Stratos (original)
    Man-E-Faces
    Ram Man
    Buzz-Off
    Mekaneck
    Fisto (200X head and belt with sword on back)
    Sy-Klone (with 200X ring)
    Roboto
    Clamp Champ
    Zodak
    Sorceress (Temple of Darkness )
    Orko
    Battle Cat

King Hsss (with Rattlor's staff)
    Rattlor
    Kobra Khan
    Snake Face
    2 Snake Men Army Builders

Occasionally I'll have a guest star up in that display. Most of the time it's Count Marzo or She-Ra (regular She-Ra with Filmation head, Bubble Power yellow cape, gold power sword and shield), but for the summer, I had Dark Knight Batman up.

The ancient characters are on top of my bed shelf.

Granamyr
    King Grayskull (SDCC version)
    Draego-Man
    Castle Grayskull Man
    He-Ro
    Vikor
    Demo-Man
    Tytus
    Megator
    Procrustus

I wish I had the shelf space to display NA and POP too. Maybe one day...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Heroic Warriors - 2 shelves, soon to be 3 - all the usual suspects, plus I put Shield Maiden Sherilyn and Dawg-O-Tor there since it makes sense to me that they are good guys based on the vintage model kit art. I also liked Matthew K's idea that these two started out as they do in the bio and become good guys later on. Royal Family, Castle Grayskullman and Photog are here as is Strobo since he seemed like a Heroic Warrior to me in his sole 80s appearance in the MOTU mag.

Evil Warriors - two shelves - all the usual suspects. Kobra Khan is with the Evil Warriors as is Dittstroyer (aka Roton driver), and Icer, Fang Man, and upcoming Strongarm since they serve Skeletor too.

Horde - usual suspects plus Cy-Chop and Horde Prime (4H head) - one shelf

Great Rebellion - one shelf - the usual suspects. May have to expand to two shelves since there are more to come

Snake Men - currently part of POG shelf

Powers of Grayskull - 2 shelves - He-Ro, King Grayskull, PD He-Man, Sharella/Green Goddess, Sir Laser Lot, Faceless One, Zodak, toy Zodac (I have white glove Zodac with the modern Heroic Warriors - same character in two time periods). I have Wun-Dar on this shelf too even though he comes after POG and before the present day. Didn't really know where else to put him. POG shelf 2 has Tytus, Megator, and Granamyr.

Independent Villains - (share a shelf with NA and SOH on the other side) - Gygor, Shokoti, Batros, Marzo. Will add Geldor, Plundor, Nepthu, Evilseed (if released), etc. to this motley crew and move NA to its own shelf.

New Adventures - Galactic Guardians and Mutants are together

Son of He-Man - King He-Man and Spector. I might add SLL to this faction since I think he fits in better visually with SOH than he does with the Preternia era.

Variants & Alternate versions Shelf 1 - Battle Armor HM, BA Skelly, BA Faker, Bubble Power She-Ra, Captain Glenn, Thunder Punch He-Man, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Keldor, Kronis, Battleground Evil-Lyn, and others live here

Variants and alternate Versions of Characters Shelf 2 - Wing Raider is there plus Vykron, Vikor, Demo-Man, Horde Prime with UK Head, Spirit of Hordak, 80s DC Comics Teela (aka Battleground), TOD Sorceress, Snake MAA, King Hiss Snake Form, and others. I haven't been convinced yet that Vikor, Vykron, and Demo-Man are their own characters. To me, they are still early designs for He-Man and Skeletor. They're awesome, but I'm having a hard time embracing them as unique characters. I'm reluctantly open to having my mind changed by a comic or cartoon showing them in action. It'd be interesting to have an "In Between POG and Present Day" shelf with these guys and Wun-Dar plus anybody else who turns up. As it stands though, they are early design versions of He-Man and Skeletor for me.

Large creatures shelf - Procrustus, Griffin, Shadow Beast
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I do not follow the MOTUC bios, with the exception of new characters that have never existed in any form (King He-Man, Spector etc). I do not consider Vikor, DemoMan etc new characters, they are concept characters to me. With that said, here's what my display looks like:

Shelf 1: PoP, Royal Family & Guards, He-Man and "core" heroes (Battlecat, MAA, Teela, Sorceress & Orko)
    Shelf 2: The rest of the heroes from He-Man's era, Granamyr, Procrustus, Galactic Guardians
    Shelf 3: Horde, Skeletor and his "core" baddies
    Shelf 4: The rest of Skeletor's baddies, independent villains, Snake Men, Space Mutants
    Shelf 5: Powers of Grayskull, Neutral characters, Son of He-Man, prototype/concept characters and Wonder Bread He-Man
    I also have some small shelves at the side of my main shelving unit that has all the variants.
    Last edited by galaxysurfer; October 2, 2013 at 03:37am.

I've got (while they fit, maybe have to change this fairly soon) my groups as per shelf.

So I've got top shelf, Preternian heroes, which is basically anyone from before the current era that doesnt fit elsewhere (Vykron), or characters that can go in a couple but eventually I decided fit here better than elsewhere (Zodac), if for no other reason that because I needed the room where they were before (Moss Man) also Granymyr & Procrustus

Under that, He-Man and classic Heroes. Including things like Photog who shoulda been there anyway

Under that, Skeletor and his classic allies, including the 3 Filmation Skeletor allies

Under that, Horde. Obviously with the POP Horde Ladies.

Under that, NA Heroes & Villians

Next shelf on the top is the Preternian Villians, which in this case is half shelf Snakemen, including Megator, other half Fighting Foe Men with Demo Man. Also, just for space & fitting on top shelf, Mo-Larr in box with the vehicles on top of that, so they are above everything.

Under that, half the shelf is She-Ra & The POP Heroes, other half is the Mounts & specific Variants. Battlearmour He & Skelly & Bubble She on their mounts, Hurricane Hordak, TOD Sorc, & Thunder P He & Dragon B Skelly, Battleground Teela & Space Marlena

Under that, Royal Family & Friends on most of the shelf, including the 200x Duncan (parts swap) & 200x Characters (like Carnivus & Zodak) & Royal Guards with certain other heroes (other Stratos & Clamp Champ). Also on this shelf are Grayskull Man in front of the Weapon Rack back right & King He-Man & Spector back Left.

Under that, Early Days of Keldor & Friends (Battleground Evil Lyn & Father, Kronis) & Stand Alone Villians like Filmation Foes (Batros, Shakoti) or 200x stand alones (Marzo & Shadowbeast, Griffin to be rode by Nepthu, & Evilseed when he comes) & GYgor,

SO as it stands, I am running out of room on certain shelves, and move them around as I can. Keep sub grouping as space changes. But I like how I basically have it now, and it basically works. Except all these damn variants. That's messy, since I only wanted one version of a hero or villian on any given shelf. I got He-Man on his shelf, Skelly on his, but Keldor on another, and the TRU 2 Pack Skelly with Alcala head on Horde Shelf (Horde Aprentice Skeletor/Insane just merged with Demoman), but on the Variant mounted, I just dont know where to put TP Heman & DB Skelly, so they go in the back.

If I got the Spirit of Hordak, that'd go on Keldor Shelf behind him, Slime Pit He-Man (oh please make this) on Horde Shelf, ect.

Early Hero Shelf, Early Villian Shelf, He-Man Shelf, Skeletor Shelf, Horde Shelf, NA Shelf, Royal Family & Friends Shelf, Keldor & Eternian Foes Shelf, POP / Variants Shelf

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He Man 12 View Post
    Wow... you have all the figs very organized... lol... Shapoopie... that just made my day.... i like the opening lines thingy... nice touch.
    Thanks! I always have at least the logo of the line/group somewhere in the display, sometimes with additional stuff like the opening lines. I'm an old comic book fan, so I basically set up my displays with the idea of a splash page (the full page opening scene of a comic book usually with the character logo and title), like a scene from some ongoing story. And labeling the displays let's non-toy enthusiasts know what they are looking at.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Thanks! I always have at least the logo of the line/group somewhere in the display, sometimes with additional stuff like the opening lines. I'm an old comic book fan, so I basically set up my displays with the idea of a splash page (the full page opening scene of a comic book usually with the character logo and title), like a scene from some ongoing story. And labeling the displays let's non-toy enthusiasts know what they are looking at.
    I do keep factions together for the most part. good guys with good guys, bad guys with bad guys. Horde with Horde ect, I have yet to do the action poseing, and fight scene displays. I useualy just line them up side by side, some of them might be holding some of there original weapons.