Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which NA Skeletor would fans want to see in Classics?

Hybrid View

Which NA Skeletor would fans want to see in Classics?

So I did a quick search but I didn't see a thread on this subject. Moderators please merge this if necessary

Ok, so basically I finally got around to watching the New Adventures disc 1 that came with the 30th Anniversary DVD Set, and I will admit, it wasn't awful, but 1 thing that struck out as very interesting to me. Skeletor had, as far as I can tell 2 VERY different images on the show (Ive only watched like 4-5 of the best of discs)

There is this first one, which I feel is what the NA Skeletor action figure was based off of
    NewAdventuresSkeletor.jpg

Then there is this one
    disk_of_doom_skeletor.jpg

I will admit, at first I really thought the first one was very cartoonish (more so then needed) and sort of resembled a gopher or something, then while watching the episode sword and staff I found skeletors new form to be fantastic (and the appearance of sagitar was pretty great too) Anyway it got me to thinking, what with NA He-Man coming out in July, a NA Skeletor is bound to happen, but since we will probably only get 1 NA Skeletor, which version would fans want to see? Is it a possibility that we might even see an NA skeletor as the sdcc exclusive with 2 different armors and the crystal as a small artifact add in? (Probably not, but one can hope) Also of note, the second image of skeletor has very similar leg armor to that worn by the tank costume of vykron.
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

My preference would be the disk of doom version. Especially if they could get the skull on his torso to glow.

Cross-eyed goofy Skelly all the way!
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

well looking at the figues compared to the screen version I would have to go with battle blade skelly . but if it was a show based on the the first version one with the cape

I want both of these, but they HAVE to look like the Classics Skeletor (as far as his skull goes).
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I like both, if I had to pick just one then NA Skeletor over Disk of Doom Skeletor

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I'd like the first NA Skeletor (with his red cape) so that his figure can match the forthcoming NA He-Man...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Heroic Warrior
    I'd love to see all three, but the first one(no eyeballs please) Is where its at. Let the Horsemen go nuts: 2 heads, cape, staff, and what I can only assume will be a gorgeous sculpt on the figure.

There were three Skeletors in the NA line.

The third had long black hair just like Keldor which was a happy coincidence.

I want the first version, purple cape / helmet NA Skeletor because that was his intro as a toy. He was NA Skeletor for me back then.

Plus, they can kill two birds with one stone: Laser Light Skeletor is basically NA Skeletor 1.0 with a hooded head instead of a helmet.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I totally agree that NA Skelly 1.0 could easily be converted into Laser Light Skeletor.

That said, I'd love to get Discs of Doom Skeletor. Yes tycondrius, the top image was the how he was introduced in the cartoon, but only appeared that way for the five part "pilot". The bulk of the series, his appearance was the second image (until "The Games" which wrapped up the series and gave us a brief look at his third appearance bcrduke alluded to).

The cartoon was my primary exposure to NA and DoD Skeletor was how he was coolest to me.

I'd say the first, regular Skeletor. That is the standard one, in a sense. I don't like discs of doom version. Skull torso looks cool but I hate those legs honestly. They look like he's a structure, not a humanoid. Also, I'm not a fan of the hair from later on

I´m a Disc Of Doom Skeletor fan.

Yes, that wasn´t his look in the beginning but he looked like that longer than that´s NA Skeletor for me.

I really like his boots, i know they don´t make any sense but his armor is so weird looking and at the same time very appealing, at least to me.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

*ahem* well first and formost you gotta ignore the toon look and hope that everyone at the Mattel offices are doing that as well. I don't think we need any of that.

Now as for the looks: I think we should get version 1 to start off with. If the line dies before the others, so be it. I still WANT the others, of course, but if we only get one version, i'd like to see the first one before anything else.

However, I will say that the 3rd version was one of my personal favorites, and I'll faint on the spot if we somehow manage to get that into this toyline before it dies.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'd prefer to see Disks of Doom Skelly as he was more prominent in the cartoon - but I imagine we'll see the first version before anyone else.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    There were three Skeletors in the NA line.

The third had long black hair just like Keldor which was a happy coincidence.

I want the first version, purple cape / helmet NA Skeletor because that was his intro as a toy. He was NA Skeletor for me back then.

Plus, they can kill two birds with one stone: Laser Light Skeletor is basically NA Skeletor 1.0 with a hooded head instead of a helmet.
    I agree 100%

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I would love to have all of them, as they were some of the best Skeletor designs in the entire history of MOTU. If I had to choose - as in the line was being cancelled next year - then I would go with the first version, as that was the figure I played with the most when I was little. I don't expect to have to choose, however. There's no reason why, with proper management of the line, Mattel can't get to all of them.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I want all three of his toys to get made, plus the vintage Laser Light Skeletor figure. Ideally in the order they were originally released. Laser Light first, followed by the caped NA Skeletor, then Disc of Doom Skeletor, and finally the glow-in-the-dark one with the ponytail (aka Battle Blade).

Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    There is this first one, which I feel is what the NA Skeletor action figure was based off of.
    The toys came first, just like in the vintage & 200X lines. The cartoon designs were based on the figures.

Heroic Warrior

if we get one Skeletor NA figure, I hope it's Disks of Doom version. Who's on board?

Assuming that we will get a New Adventures Skeletor somewhere down the line as a quarterly item in 2014 or 2015, I was wondering if there are a lot of people like me who prefer his Disks of Doom variant over his original NA appearance. Personally, I find the DOD version more menacing, both in the Jetlag series and in the toyline. Plus, his Disks of Doom look took over the 2nd half of the cartoon series. Being that NA gets a bit if the black sheep treatment, I don't expect to see 2 Skeletor variants from that side of the MOTU mythos. That is why if we do get Skeletor, they go with the uber-cool DOD version. Who's with me on this, or do yoy prefer the original NA Skeletor look?

I am torn.

Torn like an abandoned piece of toilet paper left hanging on the roll... not enough of me to be useful but enough of me to mean I don't get put out of my misery and binned.

I like both versions and wish they could be both made or at least represented with one figure, but I don't see how they could make both of them work with just a swappable head. I am really not sure which one I would like best... but my gut tells me we should expect the first version before the Disks of Doom varient.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Mo not at all. I want the standard NA Skeletor to match the standard NA He-Man
    Awesome sticker included!

If we get Laser Light Skeletor, I could see his NA release being the Disks of Doom version. LL Skeletor is so close to NA Skeletor that releasing both might seem redundant.
    Ach! Hans, run! It's the lhurgoyf!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I really want to see what the Horsemen could do with the deformed details on the standard NA Skeletor, but the DoD version is one of the cooler ones. Maybe an extra head and armor like we got with He-Man to switch out?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

As long as he doesn't have eyeballs, I will be happy! I do prefer the skull armor though.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Mo not at all. I want the standard NA Skeletor to match the standard NA He-Man
    Basically this. Not a fan of Skelly's Phantasy Star III look...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Basically this. Not a fan of Skelly's Phantasy Star III look...

http://photos.imageevent.com/gamesca...amescanner.jpg
    WOW...that can't be a coincidence! I mean GEEZE it looks almost just like the Disks of Doom version, save for some things here and there. Even the fists are drawn in such a way that you would if you were looking at his closed fist on the figure! The skull on the chest is WAY too close, as well. And I mean what are the odds they call it Generations of Doom and the figure is Disks of Doom? There's gotta be some info on this somewhere! Very interesting.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.