Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which NA Skeletor would fans want to see in Classics?

Which NA Skeletor would fans want to see in Classics?

So I did a quick search but I didn't see a thread on this subject. Moderators please merge this if necessary

Ok, so basically I finally got around to watching the New Adventures disc 1 that came with the 30th Anniversary DVD Set, and I will admit, it wasn't awful, but 1 thing that struck out as very interesting to me. Skeletor had, as far as I can tell 2 VERY different images on the show (Ive only watched like 4-5 of the best of discs)

There is this first one, which I feel is what the NA Skeletor action figure was based off of
    NewAdventuresSkeletor.jpg

Then there is this one
    disk_of_doom_skeletor.jpg

I will admit, at first I really thought the first one was very cartoonish (more so then needed) and sort of resembled a gopher or something, then while watching the episode sword and staff I found skeletors new form to be fantastic (and the appearance of sagitar was pretty great too) Anyway it got me to thinking, what with NA He-Man coming out in July, a NA Skeletor is bound to happen, but since we will probably only get 1 NA Skeletor, which version would fans want to see? Is it a possibility that we might even see an NA skeletor as the sdcc exclusive with 2 different armors and the crystal as a small artifact add in? (Probably not, but one can hope) Also of note, the second image of skeletor has very similar leg armor to that worn by the tank costume of vykron.
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

My preference would be the disk of doom version. Especially if they could get the skull on his torso to glow.

Cross-eyed goofy Skelly all the way!
    1. Please like me: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pop-C...9994401?ref=hl
    2. Please read my fanfiction: USURPERS http://he-man.org/community/view.php...3&UserID=38050
    3. Please go here: www.mlhumble.deviantart.com
    4. Please see my list of 2000+ comics to trade for MOTUC: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ics-and-trades
    5. Thank you

well looking at the figues compared to the screen version I would have to go with battle blade skelly . but if it was a show based on the the first version one with the cape

There were three Skeletors in the NA line.

The third had long black hair just like Keldor which was a happy coincidence.

I want the first version, purple cape / helmet NA Skeletor because that was his intro as a toy. He was NA Skeletor for me back then.

Plus, they can kill two birds with one stone: Laser Light Skeletor is basically NA Skeletor 1.0 with a hooded head instead of a helmet.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I totally agree that NA Skelly 1.0 could easily be converted into Laser Light Skeletor.

That said, I'd love to get Discs of Doom Skeletor. Yes tycondrius, the top image was the how he was introduced in the cartoon, but only appeared that way for the five part "pilot". The bulk of the series, his appearance was the second image (until "The Games" which wrapped up the series and gave us a brief look at his third appearance bcrduke alluded to).

The cartoon was my primary exposure to NA and DoD Skeletor was how he was coolest to me.

I'd say the first, regular Skeletor. That is the standard one, in a sense. I don't like discs of doom version. Skull torso looks cool but I hate those legs honestly. They look like he's a structure, not a humanoid. Also, I'm not a fan of the hair from later on

I´m a Disc Of Doom Skeletor fan.

Yes, that wasn´t his look in the beginning but he looked like that longer than that´s NA Skeletor for me.

I really like his boots, i know they don´t make any sense but his armor is so weird looking and at the same time very appealing, at least to me.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

*ahem* well first and formost you gotta ignore the toon look and hope that everyone at the Mattel offices are doing that as well. I don't think we need any of that.

Now as for the looks: I think we should get version 1 to start off with. If the line dies before the others, so be it. I still WANT the others, of course, but if we only get one version, i'd like to see the first one before anything else.

However, I will say that the 3rd version was one of my personal favorites, and I'll faint on the spot if we somehow manage to get that into this toyline before it dies.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Snappy Threader
    Both for me. I am figuring on a hybrid Regular mixed with Laser Light.

i wanna have all 3 vintage NA Skeletors as MOTUC
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro² - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

I think it would be a great shame if both versions weren't made for MOTUC. Though I expect LL Skeletor could be folded into the first version. I don't think too many would complain or be surprised at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

What I want to know is when did Skeletor grow his eyeballs back?
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I want all three of his toys to get made, plus the vintage Laser Light Skeletor figure. Ideally in the order they were originally released. Laser Light first, followed by the caped NA Skeletor, then Disc of Doom Skeletor, and finally the glow-in-the-dark one with the ponytail (aka Battle Blade).

Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    There is this first one, which I feel is what the NA Skeletor action figure was based off of.
    The toys came first, just like in the vintage & 200X lines. The cartoon designs were based on the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Both for me. I am figuring on a hybrid Regular mixed with Laser Light.
    I'm with you, brother. That would make me as happy as a little girl.

That's not to say the other version of NA Skeletor isn't without merit, but I would rather see Fire Armor over anything else at that point. Even eschewing Terror Claws.

What I want to know is when did Skeletor grow his eyeballs back?
    i can answer you this he used bionics and a spell to heal him self and on the end of episodes he get a nek and hairs back.

Maybe the full face but SoH shows he don't

When we count LL to NA we had 4 Skeletors!!!

1) Laser Light Skeletor
    2) NA Skeletor
    3) Disk of Doom Skeletor
    4) Battle Blade Skeletor

1) ll_skeletor.jpg
    2) skeletor_accessories_front_full.jpg48374.jpg

1 and 2 are the same, but one in vintage styls another in NA style
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ²He-Ro; April 25, 2013 at 09:24pm.

[Sorry for the double post but the picture limit made me do this]

3) Skeletor_DiskofDoom_NA_heman_1.jpgdisk_of_doom_skeletor.jpg
    After his Transformation by the Crystal

4) skeletor09.jpgskeletor10.jpgskeletord.jpg
    In the Final Battle, shows Skeletor his Nek is fixed and his Hair is back (Thanks to the spell and the Bionics)
    Last edited by ²He-Ro; April 25, 2013 at 09:25pm.

I want both of these, but they HAVE to look like the Classics Skeletor (as far as his skull goes).
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    I like both, if I had to pick just one then NA Skeletor over Disk of Doom Skeletor

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I'd like the first NA Skeletor (with his red cape) so that his figure can match the forthcoming NA He-Man...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Heroic Warrior
    I'd love to see all three, but the first one(no eyeballs please) Is where its at. Let the Horsemen go nuts: 2 heads, cape, staff, and what I can only assume will be a gorgeous sculpt on the figure.

I'd prefer the "original" NA Skeletor if we will only get one. This should definitely be the next Skeletor variant to come out...if another one will ever come out.

My preference for a NA Skeletor figure would be for the Discs of Doom version. Mainly because he was in this outfit the most in the cartoon. Plus, I'd rather have a toy accurate Laser Light Skeletor with optional NA Skeletor head than the other way around.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I want the first version.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior

if we get one Skeletor NA figure, I hope it's Disks of Doom version. Who's on board?

Assuming that we will get a New Adventures Skeletor somewhere down the line as a quarterly item in 2014 or 2015, I was wondering if there are a lot of people like me who prefer his Disks of Doom variant over his original NA appearance. Personally, I find the DOD version more menacing, both in the Jetlag series and in the toyline. Plus, his Disks of Doom look took over the 2nd half of the cartoon series. Being that NA gets a bit if the black sheep treatment, I don't expect to see 2 Skeletor variants from that side of the MOTU mythos. That is why if we do get Skeletor, they go with the uber-cool DOD version. Who's with me on this, or do yoy prefer the original NA Skeletor look?