Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which NA Skeletor would fans want to see in Classics?

I am torn.

Torn like an abandoned piece of toilet paper left hanging on the roll... not enough of me to be useful but enough of me to mean I don't get put out of my misery and binned.

I like both versions and wish they could be both made or at least represented with one figure, but I don't see how they could make both of them work with just a swappable head. I am really not sure which one I would like best... but my gut tells me we should expect the first version before the Disks of Doom varient.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Mo not at all. I want the standard NA Skeletor to match the standard NA He-Man
    Awesome sticker included!

If we get Laser Light Skeletor, I could see his NA release being the Disks of Doom version. LL Skeletor is so close to NA Skeletor that releasing both might seem redundant.
    Ach! Hans, run! It's the lhurgoyf!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I really want to see what the Horsemen could do with the deformed details on the standard NA Skeletor, but the DoD version is one of the cooler ones. Maybe an extra head and armor like we got with He-Man to switch out?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

As long as he doesn't have eyeballs, I will be happy! I do prefer the skull armor though.

Snappy Threader
    I figure we will get one NA Skeletor, with parts/accessories needed to make a few, like NA He-Man.....

I'm sorry, I can't get on board with you there. I DO love the Discs of Doom version (though I think I like the Battle Blade one better) I would really like the first version if we only get one NA Skeletor. Especially since we have the first version of NA He-Man.

The first version of NA Skeletor was my...well it was my first NA Skeletor and there's a LOT of nostalgia in him. I can't help choosing him if we are only gona get one.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The 1st NA Skeletor is almost the same design as the Laser Light Skeletor. Only other NA ones look different.

I much prefer the standard version.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I want the original, with the cape, like I had when I was young. I hope everyone here can understand that.

You can start a poll on this one, but the winner is the regular NA skeletor. Maybe we can get discs of doom past 2015

Maybe an NA sub .... Now that would be cool
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Both original NA Skeletor and Disk of Doom Skeletor with the later one being based more on the cartoon version of this armor.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I think we should get both:

-Laser Light/NA Skeletor
    -Disks of Doom Skeletor

We're certainly gonna get the Laser Light variants sooner or later come hell or high water (because the vintage-only people would go on a hunger strike if they didn't release those, especially given their vintage releases have become highly-prized "rarities"), and as others have pointed out, Laser Light Skeletor and NA Skeletor are minor variations on the same theme, so one release (named however you prefer) should cover both (by including alternate hooded vs. helmeted heads or whatever). Then, Disks of Doom would be the NA-specific release "to go with" the NA He-Man release.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Mo not at all. I want the standard NA Skeletor to match the standard NA He-Man
    Basically this. Not a fan of Skelly's Phantasy Star III look...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Basically this. Not a fan of Skelly's Phantasy Star III look...

http://photos.imageevent.com/gamesca...amescanner.jpg
    WOW...that can't be a coincidence! I mean GEEZE it looks almost just like the Disks of Doom version, save for some things here and there. Even the fists are drawn in such a way that you would if you were looking at his closed fist on the figure! The skull on the chest is WAY too close, as well. And I mean what are the odds they call it Generations of Doom and the figure is Disks of Doom? There's gotta be some info on this somewhere! Very interesting.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I prefer Disks of Doom Skeletor, but I'm looking forward to whatever NA version is released.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I think we should get both:

-Laser Light/NA Skeletor
    -Disks of Doom Skeletor

We're certainly gonna get the Laser Light variants sooner or later come hell or high water (because the vintage-only people would go on a hunger strike if they didn't release those, especially given their vintage releases have become highly-prized "rarities"), and as others have pointed out, Laser Light Skeletor and NA Skeletor are minor variations on the same theme, so one release (named however you prefer) should cover both (by including alternate hooded vs. helmeted heads or whatever). Then, Disks of Doom would be the NA-specific release "to go with" the NA He-Man release.
    I kind of agree with this.

The way I see it, LL and NA are basically the same. And DD and BB are nearly the same. Just give us different heads and I'd be happy buying two of both to display.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, ROTAR, TWISTOID

I'd like to see both, but I prefer Disks of Doom Skeletor.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Disks of Doom/Battle Blades. With the NA Havoc Staff.

It was his look in 92% of the cartoon and it's a greater deviation from the original series look.

I also made the argument for DoD before, but it got rolled into the variant discussion thread.
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; September 14, 2013 at 02:06am.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

First Toon Version. Though Second Toon Version obviously was in the show more, it's just hideous. And the toy version of the same? GAH!

How would you guys feel about getting both the original NA Skeletor and Disk of Doom Skeletor in one release? Two heads, both sets of armor, Vykron Tanks Top style boots to clip over his legs and his NA Havoc Staff. I think this may be the best way of doing NA Skeletor and I don't think it's too much of a stretch considering just how much we got with NA He-Man.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I'd prefer to see Disks of Doom Skelly as he was more prominent in the cartoon - but I imagine we'll see the first version before anyone else.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I am personally I fan of the original 1st NA Skeletor look (cartoon/commercials) but understand that the 2nd was more featured in the animated series by a large margin.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Warrior
    I want discs of doom skeletor

He was in the cartoon more than cycling helmet skeletor.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    How would you guys feel about getting both the original NA Skeletor and Disk of Doom Skeletor in one release? Two heads, both sets of armor, Vykron Tanks Top style boots to clip over his legs and his NA Havoc Staff. I think this may be the best way of doing NA Skeletor and I don't think it's too much of a stretch considering just how much we got with NA He-Man.
    Um, no, I wouldn't make much sense to try to blend two mutually divergent versions into one release, when each happens to be very similar to another Skeletor variant. The "sensical" releases are {Laser Light + NA} and {Disks of Doom + Battle Blade}. The former should nominally be released as Laser Light Skeletor and the latter as Disks of Doom Skeletor, so that only the latter would carry the NA sticker (to "pair" with the GP He-Man release), whereas the former would "count" as a "vintage" slot (and "pair" with a future Laser Light He-Man release). Although they should contain the accessories necessary to recreate the NA Skeletor and Battle Blade Skeletor variants respectively (so we would get 4 variants in just 2 slots). But, hey, if (against all likelihood) Mattel were willing to give us a single-carded "4-in-1" release containing all the pieces to recreate all 4 variants while taking up just 1 development slot, then by all means they should go ahead with that.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog