Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 128

Thread: Iron Man 3 Talkback - SPOILERS

  1. #51
    Iron Man of collecting Rathjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Bay City Michigan
    Posts
    1,152
    I read all of your reviews and the one thing I'm not seeing from anyone was that this is an Iron Man movie and they Barely showed him in it. I paid to see Iron Man not Tony Stark for over 85% of the movie. This movie is pretty much the same movie he was in with Val Kilmer. I wasn't a fan of the last Bat man movie for the same reason. It's a super hero movie for god sakes!

  2. #52
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathjen View Post
    I read all of your reviews and the one thing I'm not seeing from anyone was that this is an Iron Man movie and they Barely showed him in it. I paid to see Iron Man not Tony Stark for over 85% of the movie. This movie is pretty much the same movie he was in with Val Kilmer. I wasn't a fan of the last Bat man movie for the same reason. It's a super hero movie for god sakes!
    I kind of loved that, and normally I'd be annoyed. I think it's because I liked Tony so much, and I thought it was a great way to showcase the character. We've had 3 films of a good amount of armor action. This was a nice change of pace. I wouldn't want any future films to be like this. I think it's a one time deal you can ge away with. Even though he's not fully armored the whole time, I felt Iron Man was till very much a presence.

  3. #53
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathjen View Post
    I read all of your reviews and the one thing I'm not seeing from anyone was that this is an Iron Man movie and they Barely showed him in it. I paid to see Iron Man not Tony Stark for over 85% of the movie. This movie is pretty much the same movie he was in with Val Kilmer. I wasn't a fan of the last Bat man movie for the same reason. It's a super hero movie for god sakes!
    Sorry, but that is the one thing I will say they do right. Iron Man is as much Tony Stark as he is Iron Man. Batman is as much Bruce Wayne as he is Batman. I am happy they are doing character development in these movies instead of just turning them into giant Michael Bay orgasms like they could have.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  4. #54
    Mistress of the Whip! Divia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    19,712
    I was gonna see it this weekend and then a friend told me, eh the dreaded kid sidekick is in it. Im like common. I flippin hate kids in movies like this. Its always cheesy or full of cliques and never good or beneficial to the story.

    I might see it when it comes out on DVD. Maybe.
    Obey the whip!

    Smile like you mean it.

  5. #55
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,582
    If you hate annoying kids and wish you could tell them what you're really thinking, you should see this movie.

  6. #56
    Mistress of the Whip! Divia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    19,712
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    If you hate annoying kids and wish you could tell them what you're really thinking, you should see this movie.
    Somehow that doesnt make it any better. The kid shouldn't be in the film. I hate it when they are. It feels like a bad Disney movie.
    Obey the whip!

    Smile like you mean it.

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Dude, the kid is barely in the movie and it works.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  8. #58
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,582
    Just the idea of having a kid in the movie ruins it.

  9. #59
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,365
    The kid is awesome and HILARIOUS (well, Tony's reactions are). It takes the trope of the kid sidekick and twists it up. And it was done very much on purpose.

  10. #60
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,582
    The whole Mechanic storyline was one of my favorite things.

  11. #61
    Mistress of the Whip! Divia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    19,712
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Just the idea of having a kid in the movie ruins it.
    Yeah I've never enjoyed kids in movies. Its personal taste. tis all.
    Obey the whip!

    Smile like you mean it.

  12. #62
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,551
    Just got out of it, loved it and will see it again

    Shane Black did an excellent job directing and it had the comedy that IM2 completely lacked

    As for the villain I love how they did it, the hardcore fans who are annoyed can stay annoyed because to do it their way would have completely taken away from the fact this was a story about Tony first and foremost. He has come full circle and is learning to manage the consequences of the fact he is publicly Iron Man, which is something he has not had to deal with in any of the previous movies.

    The kid parts were hilarious and I love the banter, normally kids in movies (cough Superman Returns cough) ruin it but it worked here because Tony is like a big kid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I was gonna see it this weekend and then a friend told me, eh the dreaded kid sidekick is in it. Im like common. I flippin hate kids in movies like this. Its always cheesy or full of cliques and never good or beneficial to the story.

    I might see it when it comes out on DVD. Maybe.
    You will probably feel different when you see it, he is neither a hindrance or take up much of the movie. He is literally in it long enough to progress the plot and get Tony back on his feet.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  13. #63
    Court Magician Master Joezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    65
    Worst Marvel Studios movie ever, if this is Phase 2, then the future looks like DC's
    A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

  14. #64
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Joezilla View Post
    Worst Marvel Studios movie ever, if this is Phase 2, then the future looks like DC's
    $175m opening weekend and $680 WW gross in the first week would beg to differ.

    If you hate Iron Man 3 then prepare to despise the remainder of the Marvel Universe
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  15. #65
    Court Magician Master Joezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu:3253287
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Joezilla View Post
    Worst Marvel Studios movie ever, if this is Phase 2, then the future looks like DC's
    $175m opening weekend and $680 WW gross in the first week would beg to differ.

    If you hate Iron Man 3 then prepare to despise the remainder of the Marvel Universe
    Iron Man 3 sucked, I still have faith in thor 2 & captain america 2 & avengers 2 since the director knows how to do a good movie unlike iron man 2 & 3 which were let downs, iron man 1 still best movie in his series.
    A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

  16. #66
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,802
    I don't see why people are raving over it. I mean it was a fun movie but it felt like transformers 1 fun but dumb. It did not feel like the 'smart' movie everyone is saying it is. I don't see it. I liked avengers as well but I also felt it wasn't the masterpiece that people said, it was a LOT of fun but kind of flawed. This movie to me was pretty fun but very flawed. Better than the second as it was more enjoyable, but the second movie was more credible as a story IMO.

    to each their own but this movie was like cotton candy, tasty for a bit but no nutritional value and before it was done I was tired of carrying it around and i didn't want to eat anymore.


    I know it's a movie trope but come on, that guy was out to KILL tony in tennessee then when he gets his chance he captures him?? one line of dialogue makes that credible, JUST WRITE IT!!! AUGH! that always annoys me, and really war machine is escorting the president with ZERO background checking to see if it's REALLY Rhodes in there? after all the threats the president gets, there is NO security check?? AUGH!!!! sorry these points stick out hard esp when people laud the movie for being SOOO SMART!! again fun but DUMB.
    Last edited by krosfyah; May 5, 2013 at 11:13pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  17. #67
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,551
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    that always annoys me, and really war machine is escorting the president with ZERO background checking to see if it's REALLY Rhodes in there? after all the threats the president gets, there is NO security check?? AUGH!!!! sorry these points stick out hard esp when people laud the movie for being SOOO SMART!! again fun but DUMB.
    Really Garry?!?! Are YOU going to stop the Iron Patriot or any Iron Man suit? Please explain to me how the US Government who basically lucked into getting this piece of hardware by stealing it from Tony is supposed to say "lets check your credentials". There was absolutely no reason to think the suit had been compromised and as far as anyone knows only Tony and Rhodes had that suit or could make another (see Iron Man 2 for all the failed attempts worldwide and Iron Man 1 for proof even those who had access to Tony's tech could not make a replica).

    Not saying your other points are invalid but I would really like you to explain this one
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  18. #68
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,802
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Really Garry?!?! Are YOU going to stop the Iron Patriot or any Iron Man suit? Please explain to me how the US Government who basically lucked into getting this piece of hardware by stealing it from Tony is supposed to say "lets check your credentials". There was absolutely no reason to think the suit had been compromised and as far as anyone knows only Tony and Rhodes had that suit or could make another (see Iron Man 2 for all the failed attempts worldwide and Iron Man 1 for proof even those who had access to Tony's tech could not make a replica).

    Not saying your other points are invalid but I would really like you to explain this one
    well you're right even if they knew they couldn't stop him, but I'd expect it to be protocol that he comes faceplate up or unmasked or something, I get why SHIELD etc wasn't in it to develop/explore Tony, but with them established in this universe, their absence felt odd even a SHIELD agent on AF1 would have been nice. it just FELT sloppy. Just write a few lines of dialogue, Captain America (who SHOULD be escorting the pres) is on a mission, blahblah is offworld, essentially one line of dialogue that sets up the future movies and allows the absence in this story.

    I get your point that they might not think anyone else could be in the armour, but I don't know it just felt strange. Yeah they lucked out getting the armour but Rhodes is a military man and he'd follow protocol esp at a heightened terror situation, wouldn't protocol say it doesn't matter WHO they are they have clearance points to pass?? (I am willing to let this one go if someone gives me a good argument for it) I would have preferred if they had a in air liaison with Iron Patriot where he was escorting the plane instead of being on board then he rips in and attacks in mid flight.

    And again I REALLY did have fun watching the movie but there are points that stuck sore. I can overlook them but Don't rave about it being SMART (not that you are Mark I'm looking at some reviews I read comparing Kingsley's Mandarin to Ledgers Joker did they even SEE this movie??) when there were several "Really!?!?" moments. The stinger at the end of the credits was my favourite scene. I really liked that.

    Again FANTASTIC performances, lots of fun and laughs, but it was flawed. (most movies are but some are less obviously flawed than others) and I hated Hangover 2 just to illustrate my perspective a bit.


    Oh regarding the kid stuff, I enjoyed it but if you hate kids in movies this one won't change your mind. Tony makes it more palatable but it contains all the same 'spunky kid' stuff you guys cringe at. (I'm not a hater of those things but I do prepare to groan at the standard "kid in movie" things, mainly because the tend to stick to a predictable formula for those.
    Oh i LOVED Tony's anxiety issues and the reasons cor them etc...stuff like that was smart...but it wasnt an overall brilliant film. It had smart elements and hilarious elements. Just maki g sure my rants dont paint me as someone who hated the movie. I just believe you can wait for it and where i thought it fell flat.
    Last edited by krosfyah; May 6, 2013 at 12:16am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  19. #69
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,551
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    well you're right even if they knew they couldn't stop him, but I'd expect it to be protocol that he comes faceplate up or unmasked or something, I get why SHIELD etc wasn't in it to develop/explore Tony, but with them established in this universe, their absence felt odd even a SHIELD agent on AF1 would have been nice. it just FELT sloppy. Just write a few lines of dialogue, Captain America (who SHOULD be escorting the pres) is on a mission, blahblah is offworld, essentially one line of dialogue that sets up the future movies and allows the absence in this story.
    Not really, at the end of the Avengers it appeared as if SHIELD was on the outs with the Government especially with the end scenes of Congress calling for the Heroes to be held accountable for the destruction of NY and the fact Fury had to shoot down his own planes.

    I get the sloppy part but that is how all the Marvel movies have been, its expected that since they ALL take place at the same time you are supposed to understand Captain America is off doing whatever he is doing in Winter Soldier and at the same time Thor is off doing whatever he is doing in the Dark movie.

    I get your point that they might not think anyone else could be in the armour, but I don't know it just felt strange. Yeah they lucked out getting the armour but Rhodes is a military man and he'd follow protocol esp at a heightened terror situation, wouldn't protocol say it doesn't matter WHO they are they have clearance points to pass?? (I am willing to let this one go if someone gives me a good argument for it) I would have preferred if they had a in air liaison with Iron Patriot where he was escorting the plane instead of being on board then he rips in and attacks in mid flight.
    But see that is just it Rhodes is the ONLY person who ever has been in the suit, nobody had a reason to question it because the suit had never been compromised. This is your fault as a viewer overthinking it. Why should he have to prove who he is when he was the only one ever able to enter the suit. Remember these suits were coded for specific people and the ONLY reason someone else can get in the IP suit is because AIM hacked it. But to the Governments knowledge only Rhodes can work the suit so it was not a concern.

    In short the PROTOCOL was the fact only Rhodes could control the suit. Is that valid enough?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Joezilla View Post
    Worst Marvel Studios movie ever, if this is Phase 2, then the future looks like DC's
    How did it suck?

    Sure, it isn't as good as IM1, Thor, or Avengers, but it was better than IM2, Incredible Hulk and on par with Captain America.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  21. #71
    Court Magician Master Joezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain:3253338
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Joezilla View Post
    Worst Marvel Studios movie ever, if this is Phase 2, then the future looks like DC's
    How did it suck?

    Sure, it isn't as good as IM1, Thor, or Avengers, but it was better than IM2, Incredible Hulk and on par with Captain America.
    Manderin is only an actor not a villian just a stupid face, heck joker in batman might was well been a school janitor then his arch nemisis, the stupid campy humor, stupid kid, extremis soldiers being knock off human torches, the lack of iron man period, should called this movie tony stark, featuring 30 minutes of total screen time of iron man in full suit not him carrying a broken prototype that fell apart when he called for it several times for stupid comedy, not enough use of all his suits only mentioning some by name then blowing them all up at the end, Pepper Potts being the female human torch. Thats just part of this crap fest. All full on offical Marvel Studios movies been great just not iron man 2 & 3, iron man 2 is just bearly watchable. This movie was just as good as DC's Catwoman movie.
    A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior hopewell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    252
    Here's how it ranks for me:

    Marvel Studios movies

    1. The Avengers
    2. Iron Man
    3. Captain America
    4. Thor
    5. Iron Man 2
    6. IRON MAN 3
    7. The Incredible Hulk

    I know that seems low but I really did enjoy it. I guess it has less "replay value" as in I don't feel like watching it over and over. But I did like it. Much, much more than "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Green Lantern". I'm hoping Man Of Steel will break into my favorite superhero movie list. Because right now, it's all Marvel.

  23. #73
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Joezilla View Post
    Manderin is only an actor not a villian just a stupid face,
    Yes, I am mad at that, but not because of how they did it, just because it made the rest of the movie fizzle out for me. And this is the movie world, NOT the comics. I gave up on comic accuracy years ago when the first X-Men came out.

    the stupid campy humor, stupid kid,
    I thought people wanted camp? Is that not why people want those Adam West Batman toys and crap?

    should called this movie tony stark, featuring 30 minutes of total screen time of iron man in full suit
    Sorry, this is a dumb statement. That's like saying you want nothing but 2 hours of action without a plot. Without character development. Well I got three movies just for you. They are called Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon, and GI Joe Retaliation.

    not him carrying a broken prototype that fell apart when he called for it several times for stupid comedy, not enough use of all his suits only mentioning some by name then blowing them all up at the end,
    While I will agree the amount of times they suit broke was annoying, at least it worked and was funny.

    Pepper Potts being the female human torch. Thats just part of this crap fest. All full on offical Marvel Studios movies been great just not iron man 2 & 3, iron man 2 is just bearly watchable. This movie was just as good as DC's Catwoman movie.
    I'd rather Pepper being a human torch than another worthless damsel in distress like she was in the trilogy. I am so sick of these female characters in comic movies having Peach/Zelda Syndrome.

    And this movie is not even close to being as bad as Catwoman. Catwoman is right there with Elektra, Jonah Hex, and Batman & Robin. This movie is still far far far above those.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  24. #74
    Eternian Pimp PIMPS ADAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S.E. Aurora,Colorado
    Posts
    798
    Call me crazy... I thought it was the best one of the Iron man trilogy as far as entertainment goes. I.M.1 was the best comic book movie of the triliogy. Clever little twist and great use of under used characters, the studio's are not gonna let the property die it made WAY more money than I expected, understandably so. Good movie!
    Last edited by PIMPS ADAM; May 6, 2013 at 09:27am.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

  25. #75
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    While I will agree the amount of times they suit broke was annoying, at least it worked and was funny.
    You guys realize that the suit that kept breaking was simply a prototype that did not even have weapons or a very good ability to fly (due to power issues) right?? Its one thing if it was the suits he had fabricated and tested like in IM1 and 2 but this was about on the level of completion as the original suit he created in the cave that burst apart after he attempted flight and landed in the desert.

    It was meant to break apart so he could call the pieces to him, so it stands to reason it would be easier to break apart if impacted.

    Its like some of watched a completely different movie with some of these complaints
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •