Thread: Ebay buyer opened a case and is totally wrong and Whocko IMO.....WORD heavy

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar

Ebay buyer opened a case and is totally wrong and Whocko IMO.....WORD heavy

here's the long and short of it:
    I had an auction that sold for 17$ shipped. I shipped the items and got a tracking number, however the number was one of those ones that just verifies stuff is sent, not a "delivery confirmation"(don't ask me, its some new thing the post office is doing)

Anywho, fast forward to barely a week after the item was sent and the buyer is messaging me saying they didn;t get their item. At first(for 2 weeks) I suggested that they be patient and wait for the item to arrive. then finally the buyer got tired of waiting.

So I go to the Post office, and they tekll me the item was delivered to the address provided OR it is being held at the post office local to the address given, and that is the only information they can give.They give me the number for consumer affairs for me/them to verify all this information

I inform the seller from this and suggest that they call the number. Then suddenly it comes out that the seller cannot make this phone call because they "do not live in the US ".

I reply saying, they address you gave was in the US so I'm confused why they would not be able to make a US phone call, THEN they reply with the fact that the address they gave is a US address they use for ebay items that someone holds/takes care of their ebay items.

I inform them that I cannot be held responsible for something that disappeared if they did not have me send their item to the proper address. I would have gladly (tho not really) have sent the item to the proper out of the US address had they provided it, but they did not, so I cannot be held responsible for the loss of an item in this circumstance.

Everything is mostly cordial through all this, but given the information I write it off as a loss and figure that is the end of it...

well today they opened a case with ebay, an now I'm worried that, thanks to evil-bays new "the customer is always ALWAYS right" policies, that I'm going to be refunding for this item that I knwo was sent to the correct address.

here's the message i sent to ebay

"Hello,
    This item was sent to an American address.
    When the buyer first contacted me about the item not showing up, I informed them that the post office claimed that the item was at their local post office waiting to be picked up. this was according to their consumer affairs department.
    I informed the buyer of this information, & suggested that they go to theit local post office and pick the item up. It was at this time that the buyer informed me that they were NOT IN THE US, & that they had provided an address to have other items delivered to that was not thiers .
    I then informed them to call their local branch of post office where the package was claimed delivered. Again the buyer stated they were not in the US and were unable to make the call to either verify the shipment was waiting at that local office, or make the drive/journey to said post office for the item.
    I suggested the buyer call cons affairs and they refused to I don't know what else to do, I have gone above &beyond to resolve this issue"

does anyone know ebays policies on a situation like this, or if I will simply get compuuter/automated responses and be made to refund to this whack ebay buyer who obviously doesn't understand how to have an item shipped to them properly

As far as I know(even with the new policies), if you added a Tracking Number to the package... it will tell when it was accepted, its transit status, and when it was delivered. If you have proof(via the Tracking #) that the item was in fact delivered to the address that is on file with ebay.....I dont see how ebay would side with the buyer.
    Last edited by NSP; April 26, 2013 at 02:23am.

Use signature confirmation from now on. Sure it's an extra $2.20 but it's worth it. Now the buyer can't say he never got it.

I would imagine you would be fine. because ebay should be able to look at the records of where you were told to ship it to. and you did ship it. Plus you have communication with the buyer that it wasn't is address you sent it to. its stupidity on the buyers part.
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    IF ebay can look at the tracking and see it was delivered then you will be fine. IF the tracking doesn't show it was delivered then you will be forced to refund the money.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I know some people say don't use ebay, but I had a whole lot of various GI Joe items sitting for sale on various sites for 2 months without a single buyer. As such, I put them on ebay, and POOF, in 7 days, all but one item was gone.

As such, ebay is still a necessary evil.

As for your issue, I hope to the gods ebay actually reads what you say, but these days, it seems like they don't even care. I sold Fangman on ebay about two weeks ago for $51. The winner emails me and says he did not mean to bid that high, as he was not willing to pay more than $38 for him, so I might as well just cancel the transaction because he is not going to pay for it. My options were, cancel the transaction and get my fees refunded right then and there, or pointlessly wait 30 days to do a claim, and then another whatever to get my fees refunded. Such choices. The guy who then was in second place with $50 said he was not willing to pay more than $35 for Fangman so he was glad he was outbid. Why would you bid on something you do not even want?!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I know some people say don't use ebay, but I had a whole lot of various GI Joe items sitting for sale on various sites for 2 months without a single buyer. As such, I put them on ebay, and POOF, in 7 days, all but one item was gone.

As for your issue, I hope to the gods ebay actually reads what you say, but these days, it seems like they don't even care. I sold Fangman on ebay about two weeks ago for $51. The winner emails me and says he did not mean to bid that high, as he was not willing to pay more than $38 for him, so I might as well just cancel the transaction because he is not going to pay for it. My options were, cancel the transaction and get my fees refunded right then and there, or pointlessly wait 30 days to do a claim, and then another whatever to get my fees refunded. Such choices. The guy who then was in second place with $50 said he was not willing to pay more than $35 for Fangman so he was glad he was outbid. Why would you bid on something you do not even want?!
    Dude, that really sucks with Fangman. If I didn't own him, I would think that $50 was a steal considering what other folks are charging.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    Did you send to the address that was listed with paypal? If you did you should be OK.

Evil Master of Warcraft

That is crazy. I would still get ebay to make them pay. I don't use it that much but aren't you more or less required to pay?

Anyways, what is stopping this guy from calling a US Post office? As long as he has a phone he CAN do it, even though he might be paying a high fee.........
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

LOL.... No more than $38 or $35? Are they serious? That's roughly what the cost of buying a figure from Matty plus shipping and (in some cases) tax. I know he wasn't up for general sale, but if he had been, I guarantee that it would have cost them within that range at minimum to get him. Neither for those guys sound too bright.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I think there are too many people who don't take buy/sell/trade transactions seriously. At least on the marketplace here you can call someone out on it. Ebay seems to think the buyers are absolutely sacrosanct, even though it's the SELLERS that provide them with a cash stream.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I hope ebay listens to you, but I'm gonna guess they will say no.

Ebay is all about buyers and screw the sellers. It sucks and thats why I hate that place. I refuse to sell there even though I want to unload a MOC MLP Fizzy from the 80s. *sigh* Oh well.

Good luck

- - - Updated - - -

I hope ebay listens to you, but I'm gonna guess they will say no.

Ebay is all about buyers and screw the sellers. It sucks and thats why I hate that place. I refuse to sell there even though I want to unload a MOC MLP Fizzy from the 80s. *sigh* Oh well.

Good luck
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.