View Poll Results: Who would win in a battle between Buzz Off, Webstor and Mosquitor?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buzz Off

7 21.21%
  • Webstor

14 42.42%
  • Mosquitor

12 36.36%

Thread: Who would win: Buzz Off vs. Webstor vs. Mosquitor

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Who would win: Buzz Off vs. Webstor vs. Mosquitor

(grrr, I've been trying to get onto the forum for hours, seems to be very temperamental lately. Anyway...)

Last week's battle scenario, of Fisto vs. Jitsu, was pretty neck-and-neck (or fist-and-fist!), with Jitsu just having a very narrow read at time of writing.

This week's combat scenario, is the battle of the insect-inspired characters: Buzz Off vs. Webstor vs. Mosquitor. A brief look at the stats:

Buzz Off - Bee like leader of the Andreenids, a nimble mover, and has the power of flight to aid him.

Webstor - Spider-ish villain. A strategist master of entry and escape, especially when using his rope and grappling hook.

Mosquitor - Mosquito-type nemesis. Can suck blood and store it up in his chest. (Can fly in a couple of versions).

As always, for the sake of argument, the characters are only armed with the weapons which their figure versions came with.
    And don't forget, this is a "who would win" scenario, not voting for which one you like the most.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior
    Went with Buzz Off. As much as I like Mosquitor and Webstor - two of my favorites - I just have to go with Buzz Off standing when the smoke clears. As you say he's nimble. That'd help him evade any spider webs or mosquito needle-noses.

I think Webstor has a chance against both. How come? With his grip, he can catch both his opponents, one by one. Once they are gripped and (painfully) pulled down, he can just wrap them in his strings. Of course, that won't be easy: Webstor may lose energy triing to wrap those two highly-mobile insects; but Webstor's design is to catch insects. Buzz-Off and Mosquitor are designed as his preys...

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhead Whale View Post
    I think Webstor has a chance against both. How come? With his grip, he can catch both his opponents, one by one. Once they are gripped and (painfully) pulled down, he can just wrap them in his strings. Of course, that won't be easy: Webstor may lose energy triing to wrap those two highly-mobile insects; but Webstor's design is to catch insects. Buzz-Off and Mosquitor are designed as his preys...
    Interesting and credible thought. I think he might be able to take down Mosquitor this way, not letting him get close enough to suck his blood (ooh, scarey!), but I wonder if Buzz Off, being able to fly, not to mention very quick, would be a little tougher.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

One of the many lessons that Skeletor should have learned from his part in Secret of the Sword is how best to utilize Kobra Khan and Webstor. As stealth assailants with clear roles geared towards their talents within an equally clear and concise plan, they're great (i.e. as per the successful kidnapping of Princess Adora, with Kobra Khan and Webstor taking out some Eternos royal guards with a stealth assault).

However, as melee combatants, they're... not so good (as per the very easy trouncing She-Ra gave them). Yes, they're fighting She-Ra , but still... it's not that they lost that I blame them for... it's their mode of attack which was basically zombie-like.

I'm giving this to Buzz Off who has looked pretty good in the fights I've seen in him in He-Man's show.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

Well, my personal opintion... All three characters have their definate strengths.
    Webstor would be good for creeping up on opponents and ambushing them, but I think Buzz Off might be a little too quick for him, and can easily fly out of his reach. And sneaking up on Mosquitor isn't such a great idea, 'cos you don't want to get too close or he'll (echoey voice) suck your bloooood!!! For all of Webstors stealth, I don't think it would bring him out tops in a battle against these two guys, so I think he'd be down first.

That leaves Buzz Off and Mosquitor.
    Mosquitor is a toughie to take out because he is hard to get close to. In some versions, he can fly, but even if we go with that concept, I personally see him as only a weak short-distance flyer, whereas Buzz Off is much quicker and stronger in the air.
    Buzz Off is a midling warrior, I see he about on par with Mosquitor in terms of that. I just really think he'd have speed on his side, and whereas it's really tough to get close to Mosquitor without the whole blood-sucking thing, I think Buzz Off might be nimble enough to out maneuver him and eventually take him out from above.

I personally hail Buzz Off as the victor of this particular battle.
    ~jay firestorm~

Heroic Warrior
    One question: Does it count that Webstor and Mosquitor came with fire arms and Buzz Off not? Or we are considering powers and habilities but not weapons and equipment?

I haven't thought of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkan View Post
    One question: Does it count that Webstor and Mosquitor came with fire arms and Buzz Off not? Or we are considering powers and habilities but not weapons and equipment?
    A very good point. I always make it, for sake of argument, that the characters come with the weapons that their figure versions were supplied with, so Webstor and Mosquitor would have guns.

(I still stick with my predicted outcome though )
    ~jay firestorm~

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    3 way tie. whos gonna win

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    A very good point. I always make it, for sake of argument, that the characters come with the weapons that their figure versions were supplied with, so Webstor and Mosquitor would have guns.

(I still stick with my predicted outcome though )
    Following that line of though I imagined this: Moskitor and Webstor can make a temporal alliance against Buzz Off and fire him down no matter how fast the bee-man can fly. After that they start a cruesome fight in which Webstor will use his scaping habilities to avoid Moskitor´s energy draining powers no matter the cost. Then Webstor drags the fight into a big dark cave and comes down from the roof hanging from his hook just behind Moskitor. The last sound Hordak´s minion listens is Webstor´s finger pulling the trigger.

I prefer hand to hand combat and that heroic warriors win, but unfortunately not this case.

mosquitor
    1: he is able to fly, so webstor would stand no chance,
    2: has a gun for long range, and a piercing proboscis for close combat...
    3: he is a horde member, and they are though dudes
    Good trades with: evil-orko, xclaw, imothep, HTFToys, Igorr, galaxy warrior, peter, LeelooMinai, sonofblaine , sathomaso, Linkku, D-man, SKY, TED675, Facelessone

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrelus View Post
    3: he is a horde member, and they are though dudes
    jeje I like that statement.
    But like I said before: Webstor.

My money is still also on Webstor.

Evil Halloween Enthusiast Razzbel's Avatar
    I think Webstor. He just needs to spin a web and confuse Buzzy enough to get entagled in it. He can get Mosquitor that way also. Buzz-Off is fast, and smart, but he needs to stay sharp. Strength and endurance wise, I'd say Buzzy because of the ambrosia. Mosquitor could only win if he gets close enough. And then he'd be twice as powerful. Webstor would have stealth on his side, I think. I've seen mosquitos and bees caught in spiderswebs all the time.

It's all just a waiting game...
    You can have all of the toys in the world, but they're all worthless if you have no one to play with.
    My Tattoo | Gay He-Fans | Facebook

Well based on the Original Series I would have to say Buzz-Off. If you are going by the New Series of 2002 I would go with Webstor. If you just use your imagination and throw out all factors and base it on who looks the coolest... MOSQUITOR!!!
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Webstor would just make a web somewhere and Mosquitor and Buzz Off would eventually fly into it (not sure if Mosquitor can fly, let's say he's wearing a jet pack in that case).