Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'd hate to jinx us, but so far has QC improved for 2013?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

I'd hate to jinx us, but so far has QC improved for 2013?

...do I dare mention that so far, the Quality Control on the 2013 batch of Classics figures has improved on the sneak tip?

Thus far, we haven't had any real QC issues (aside from art design and that's always relative from fan to fan) from Netossa, Ram Man, Jitsu, Fang Man, King He-Man, Strobo or Snake Face. I'm a little surprised that no one has come out and mentioned this yet. Now I'm speaking about widespread issues, such as backward shoulders and black plastic, not isolated incidents such as one guy's Snake Face head is loose or something like that.

Do you guys agree with this assessment? If this is true, then we might have to give Mattel some props for stepping up, making the 2013 sub worth purchasing and maybe earning some much needed goodwill for the line.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Isn't this what they SHOULD be doing? I for one am not one to give out pats on the back for doing the job your paid to do. But yea, it is nice not having any major issues...yet.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Call me a cynic, but I don't feel the need to have to congratulate them when we're paying good money for these products. QC issues shouldn't be as prevalent as they are in this line.

We're paying them to do a job, most of the time they don't do it, so when they do - they shouldn't be receiving a gold medal or any praise, not off me anyway
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Well thanks to this thread I'm guessing that Clamp Champs arms will be put on backwards now or something.
    Kittens are delicious!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd largely agree with the improved QC, but I never had many problems in the past anyway. In any case, it isn't a matter of congratulating them for what they should have been doing all along but being happy they are making the improvements they promised. It means that they might just be listening...
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Congratulations for improvement is always appropriate!

Keep it up Mattel

Quote Originally Posted by eCollector View Post
    Isn't this what they SHOULD be doing? I for one am not one to give out pats on the back for doing the job your paid to do. But yea, it is nice not having any major issues...yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Call me a cynic, but I don't feel the need to have to congratulate them when we're paying good money for these products. QC issues shouldn't be as prevalent as they are in this line.

We're paying them to do a job, most of the time they don't do it, so when they do - they shouldn't be receiving a gold medal or any praise, not off me anyway
    Yes, this is what they should have been doing all along.

But I feel as though the fandom is so quick to dole out immediate anger and rage when Mattel screws up, yet when Mattel actually does a good job, we say nothing about any improvement. Unfortunately, people react easier to terrible products rather than encouraging more great products.

Regardless, seven figures in and no massive screw up yet. Are the fans happy?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yes, this is what they should have been doing all along.

But I feel as though the fandom is so quick to dole out immediate anger and rage when Mattel screws up, yet when Mattel actually does a good job, we say nothing about any improvement. Unfortunately, people react easier to terrible products rather than encouraging more great products.

Regardless, seven figures in and no massive screw up yet. Are the fans happy?
    I´m not happy that they do a good job i´m pleased and i can enjoy my figures even more.

I like my King Hsss even though he is partly messed up and i hope we didn´t have to go through things like that anymore. It´s a good sign that it hasn´t happened anymore. So far...

So i´m pleased but i don´t expect anything else from a big company with that much experience.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I agree, MegaGearMax. Props given.
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

I agree that there has been a step up in terms of quality this year - black plastic is gone and so far no problems with mixed parts etc. Props to Mattel, hope it continues
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I think I've said it every month so far this year- that the quality control (Netossa aside) has been fantastic on the 2013 figures. And it ought to be! The most expensive year yet!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    ...do I dare mention that so far, the Quality Control on the 2013 batch of Classics figures has improved on the sneak tip?

Thus far, we haven't had any real QC issues (aside from art design and that's always relative from fan to fan) from Netossa, Ram Man, Jitsu, Fang Man, King He-Man, Strobo or Snake Face. I'm a little surprised that no one has come out and mentioned this yet. Now I'm speaking about widespread issues, such as backward shoulders and black plastic, not isolated incidents such as one guy's Snake Face head is loose or something like that.

Do you guys agree with this assessment? If this is true, then we might have to give Mattel some props for stepping up, making the 2013 sub worth purchasing and maybe earning some much needed goodwill for the line.
    You`re right, it`s good to do not have QC issues. As far as I could see from the reviews, Karatti and the FFM also don`t have QC issues. I think our money should be enough for Mattel`s motivation to keep going, but it`s good to see that.

I too am happy.....knock on wood

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I like this thread, While it is "what they should be doing" I still think it is nice to give acknowledgement for both improvements and a job well done.

Plus it is nice for Mattel to hear it too. Sometimes in customer service all you hear are the problems
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I too am happy.....knock on wood
    Ditto.....
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

If you are going to put it to someone for doing a bad job you also need to give them credit for doing a good job. People who aren't appreciated for doing their job start to not care sense they aren't getting praise for it and start doing a worse job. Whether you like it or not people want attention even it is negative, which can be turned positive when needed.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Well I don't know about that or maybe it wasn't so wide-spread, BUT....

We did have some black spots on Netossa's cape and Jitsu's forehead.

And some Fangmen had a warped right knee in the packaging.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I guess it takes the threat of the sub not going through to make them make better figures....hmmm, go figure.....I have a few issues with Ram Man & Netossa, Axe too loose in hand, skirt off center, one leg longer....Netossa has loose ankles, but tight enough to stand....so far. But the rest of the male standard figures so far have been good.

There are still minor issues, but all in all, it's much better than before, with Blastic being the icing on the cake....I had hoped it was only uphill from that mess....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

This year's figures have been A+ across the board. Had a near scare when I found what appeared to be early-stage deterioration on Netossa's cape but it hasn't gotten worse and as near as I can tell it probably came that way out of the package, damaged when I removed the plastic tab.

This year hasn't had as much product as last year, though, so it may be a matter of quality over quantity. Will be interesting to see what happens when we hit the second half of 2013 and the FILMation sub arrives.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Congratulations for improvement is always appropriate!
    Yes please ! I agree.

Yes I agree, not having issues is a very pleasant thing. Thank you Mattel and keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    We did have some black spots on Netossa's cape and Jitsu's forehead.
    I think Jitsu's black spot was head stubble because he shaves his head. Netossa's black spot was shading from here her hair covers her cape when it's on her back.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Yep, I'm especially happy about the lack of painted black plastic. I'm afraid to touch most of my 2012 figures for fear of chipping off more paint but the 2013 line has remained solid, with only my Snake Face missing his chest snakes (and that's unique to me, it seems). One of the 'incentives' for subbing last year was Scott promising QC issues had been addressed... well, seems he was on the level this time.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I have been mentioning these each month as and when I have received the figures. The QC is very good this year. I've had NO issues at all this year (touches large oak table) and hopefully it continues. I've had very little QC issues throughout the line, the major issue for me was the black plastic one.

Things like the black spot on the back of Netossa's net and black "stubble" on Jitsu's head are not QC issues for me as they seem to be paint apps - questionable ones though...
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar