Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'd hate to jinx us, but so far has QC improved for 2013?

I don't think so, my brother has had nothing but problems, from missing paint apps to broken staffs.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 10.18.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

There isn't an answer to this question. Everything is up to chance like any other toyline. Most folks aren't getting problems, so I think that they're on par with other toylines. Heck, even Toybiz might not have been as bad as I always say - who knows - maybe I was just unlucky with all the breaks (and breaks I'm still getting years later). I've returned ONE MotUC figure so far and my only other problems were weak ankles, which I haven't seen in a good while. I'd say my personal assessment is that they have fixed the problems that bothered me and I haven't had many others. So we're good, yo.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by burgun824 View Post
    Well thanks to this thread I'm guessing that Clamp Champs arms will be put on backwards now or something.
    They won't be backwards......................they will be on Castaspella...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I have to say that I haven't had any issues this year. All figures were great, shipping has been great. And MOST of all...they gave us a little discount on shipping in May.

I'd say it's a major improvement!

My Snake Face had a missing paint app on the lower jaw of his snake emblem. I posted a pic of it in his arrival thread. I think it actually looks cool like that. Anyway, that's my only 2013 problem.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd hate to jinx us, but so far has QC improved for 2013?
    Hush ! Stop it ! You're gonna jinx us !

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yes, this is what they should have been doing all along.

But I feel as though the fandom is so quick to dole out immediate anger and rage when Mattel screws up, yet when Mattel actually does a good job, we say nothing about any improvement. Unfortunately, people react easier to terrible products rather than encouraging more great products.

Regardless, seven figures in and no massive screw up yet. Are the fans happy?
    Fans have just been reacting to both the numerous foul ups and the arrogant attitude we've been given about it when we bring it up. Mattel is never going to live down "Moss Man is not a bath toy" and "this is your Hiss," and deservedly so. The very fact you can count the number of figures in a row with no problems and not leave single digits should tell you something.

A lot of people have a hard time showering a company with kudos for simply not majorly mucking things up. It's an improvement, yes, and one I hope continues, but it should have been this way from the start.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Podcaster
    Now I'm speaking about widespread issues, such as backward shoulders and black plastic, not isolated incidents such as one guy's Snake Face head is loose or something like that.
    This made me laugh as my Snake Face arrived with the extra head rattling around in the package. I'm a MOC collector so this annoyed me for about half a second before I realized it was not a big deal and, again as a MOC collector, this was the first QC issue that really affected me. I decided I have been pretty lucky so far and hung Snake Face on the wall with his fellow Snake Men.

Nice positive thread MegaGearMax!
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Fans have just been reacting to both the numerous foul ups and the arrogant attitude we've been given about it when we bring it up. Mattel is never going to live down "Moss Man is not a bath toy" and "this is your Hiss," and deservedly so. The very fact you can count the number of figures in a row with no problems and not leave single digits should tell you something.

A lot of people have a hard time showering a company with kudos for simply not majorly mucking things up. It's an improvement, yes, and one I hope continues, but it should have been this way from the start.
    It's easier to be negative then positive. Most people can't even do more than say they like something when pushed but when they dislike something it doesn't take much to hear about the problems they have. This isn't just MOTUC but any product.

Our statements are good that they have improved on the issues, but we agree it shouldn't have been as wide spread as it was and shouldn't have been a problem in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    I don't think so, my brother has had nothing but problems, from missing paint apps to broken staffs.
    Should be clarified no major widespread issues, such as reversed forearms, or shoulders. Such as Frosta, Stinkor, Hiss and others.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

...do I dare mention that so far, the Quality Control on the 2013 batch of Classics figures has improved on the sneak tip?

Thus far, we haven't had any real QC issues (aside from art design and that's always relative from fan to fan) from Netossa, Ram Man, Jitsu, Fang Man, King He-Man, Strobo or Snake Face. I'm a little surprised that no one has come out and mentioned this yet. Now I'm speaking about widespread issues, such as backward shoulders and black plastic, not isolated incidents such as one guy's Snake Face head is loose or something like that.

Do you guys agree with this assessment? If this is true, then we might have to give Mattel some props for stepping up, making the 2013 sub worth purchasing and maybe earning some much needed goodwill for the line.
    I think all the Ram Man figures have the right leg a little longer than the left.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Well, my Snake Face arrived missing the green Snake staff
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

My stuff this year has been perfect, and I want to give EXTRA KUDOS to Mattel for Snake Face.

Why? Because his face snakes are rubber.

See, NECA is a company that usually schools Mattel in every way, including quality control. BUT... a few years ago, they released the Tracker Predator. Remember him? He had tusks strapped to his helmet. They made those tusks from stiff plastic so they wouldn't bend or warp, and glued them in place so they wouldn't fall out.

The result is that roughly 75% of them are broken in the package. Mine was. I managed to glue his tusks on about three times before they wouldn't accept glue anymore. If NECA had used flexible plastic/rubber, or maybe kept the tusks as separate pieces, this wouldn't be a problem.

But Snake Face? Flawless snakes! No breakage! THANK YOU.

Heroic Warrior
    Seems like there could be some issues with Rokkon and Stonedar... We've been jinxed !

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Seems like there could be some issues with Rokkon and Stonedar... We've been jinxed !
    Why? Because 1 guy thinks there is? Not much proof to make a statement like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Because one person THINKS the rock armor is on incorrectly? That's a bit extreme. Even if the rock armor were on wrong, IT COMES OFF. You can swap the parts around yourself.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    Why? Because 1 guy thinks there is? Not much proof to make a statement like that.
    It doesn't matter if there is or isn't anything wrong with Rokkon and Stonedar. If we repeat it (and phrase it as a question for plausible deniability), people will accept it!