Thread: Soft goods help for MOTUC

Soft goods help for MOTUC

I've searched here and on Google, so sorry if this is a redundant post (please merge, if it is!). I am trying to create a custom character and need a sleeveless, black coat. It seems nearly impossible to find soft goods for 6" figures!!

I found what I thought was the perfect, sleeveless, black leather trenchcoat on Ralph's Figure Clothing, but I guess I misunderstood what size figures they are made for. It arrived yesterday and is a better fit for Tytus than a regular figure...which is a shame because it is BEAUTIFUL work! I mean, this coat is gorgeous! I really wish I could use it.

Does anyone here have any tips about finding such a thing for MOTUC figures? I'm coming up empty. Any suggestions would be appreciated (or, a non-soft goods equivalent would be even better!).

Thanks!
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

What about using the Captain Boomerang figure from DC classics? He basically has a black sleeveless coat that you could probably remove if you didn't care about damaging the figure, and he's relatively cheap as far as I can tell. The coat should be the right size since the figures are the same scale.

I used Eternos Palance King Randor's robe for such a thing. Of course it was necessary to paint it black.

Court Magician
    Ralph's Figure Clothing has an excellent selection of 6"-7" scale figure clothing and the quality and service is outstanding too. This is coming from someone who has spent literally thousands of dollars on his items accross many orders over several years. Although unfortunetely the great man himself passed away recently (RIP), his family now continue to operate the business.

Sounds like you received a coat scaled for 12" figures. Ralph does do a few 12" scale items, so either you accidently ordered a 12" item or they accidently sent you the wrong item.

I would strongly recommend ordering again from Ralph's. The vast majority of Ralph's products were made to fit Jakks Pacific 7" wrestling figures, which FYI are almost exactly the same size and thickness as MOTUC figures. But just make sure you don't order anything listed as 1/6 or "MA" style (MA=Maximum Aggression, a 12" line of wrestling figures) or "RG" style (RG=Ring Giants, another 12" line of wrestling figures). Also I'd advise not ordering anything from Ralphs listed as "Mattel", as Mattel wrestling figures are 6" and are much smaller and thinner than MOTUC figures. Any "Mattel" products on Ralphs are unlikely to fit a MOTUC figure in my opinion.

I just had a quick look and found this for you - http://www.ralphsfigureclothing.com/...at-p-1291.html

I actually own this product and can confirm it is made for a 7" figure so should work perfectly with a MOTUC. Although Ralph's products and service are amazing, I admit the website design and product pages aren't perfect and I can see how it would be confusing for someone unfamiliar with wrestling figures.

I'm very knowledgeable about wrestling figures and am pretty familiar with Ralph's products too so let me know if you need any further advice. But I have no hesitation in strongly recommending Ralphs for what you need.
    Last edited by theassassin; January 31, 2014 at 08:35pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I was going to say maybe a deluxe undertaker figure and cut the arms of his jacket

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I was looking for a leather coat with sleeves that would fit a female MOTUC figure. I'm making a Classics version of my original character Road Queen.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by theassassin View Post
    Ralph's Figure Clothing has an excellent selection of 6"-7" scale figure clothing and the quality and service is outstanding too. This is coming from someone who has spent literally thousands of dollars on his items accross many orders over several years. Although unfortunetely the great man himself passed away recently (RIP), his family now continue to operate the business.

Sounds like you received a coat scaled for 12" figures. Ralph does do a few 12" scale items, so either you accidently ordered a 12" item or they accidently sent you the wrong item.

I would strongly recommend ordering again from Ralph's. The vast majority of Ralph's products were made to fit Jakks Pacific 7" wrestling figures, which FYI are almost exactly the same size and thickness as MOTUC figures. But just make sure you don't order anything listed as 1/6 or "MA" style (MA=Maximum Aggression, a 12" line of wrestling figures) or "RG" style (RG=Ring Giants, another 12" line of wrestling figures). Also I'd advise not ordering anything from Ralphs listed as "Mattel", as Mattel wrestling figures are 6" and are much smaller and thinner than MOTUC figures. Any "Mattel" products on Ralphs are unlikely to fit a MOTUC figure in my opinion.

I just had a quick look and found this for you - http://www.ralphsfigureclothing.com/...at-p-1291.html

I actually own this product and can confirm it is made for a 7" figure so should work perfectly with a MOTUC. Although Ralph's products and service are amazing, I admit the website design and product pages aren't perfect and I can see how it would be confusing for someone unfamiliar with wrestling figures.

I'm very knowledgeable about wrestling figures and am pretty familiar with Ralph's products too so let me know if you need any further advice. But I have no hesitation in strongly recommending Ralphs for what you need.
    You are absolutely right! I went back and checked and I did order an Undertaker coat from the Maximum Aggression section. I had no idea they were larger. The link you posted is actually quite perfect for what I wanted to try, and a lot cheaper, so I think I'll give that one a go. Thanks a lot!
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

Mo-Larr Taker (4).jpg

Mo-Larr Taker.jpg

A few months ago I bought an Undertaker coat to make a custom figure. The coat is made of a softer plastic than MOTUC capes and coatS but fit well with MOTUC figures. By the way, Mo-Larr with an Undertaker coat is not actually the custom I want to make .
    Last edited by Lord of Caos; February 1, 2014 at 07:07pm.

If you can find a jakks Pacific Undertaker (Classic Superstars is your best bet) It is a long leather trench coat with no sleeves and size wise I think it would fit motuc pretty good. Actually the one I speak of is in the pic right above on molar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Caos View Post
    Mo-Larr Taker (4).jpg

Mo-Larr Taker.jpg

A few months ago I bought an Undertaker coat to make a custom figure. The coat is made of a softer plastic than MOTUC capes and coatS but fit well with MOTUC figures. By the way, Mo-Larr with an Undertaker coat is not actually the custom I want to make .
    Hmmm..I is it possible to pull that coat closed at the mid section? I'm going for more of a religious order vibe. There are a few good ones that are exactly the right style on Ralph's site, but they have a lot of design work I'd have to paint over or cover somehow.

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!