Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you accept non-figures in the monthly MOTUC figure slot?

Heroic Podcaster

Would you accept non-figures in the monthly MOTUC figure slot?

I was thinking about the Foe Men and wishing they were packaged in three different single card blisters, like regular monthly figures. That way, I would actually keep them. As it is, I have no place in my display for that big box so I'll most likely be selling them. My own fault for being a MOCER, but I digress!

That got me thinking of what weirdness I would like in that Classic single blister. Something like the Jet Sled or the Stilt Stalkers! Maybe even the Tower Tools or Cliff Climber. Classics versions of that sort of vintage stuff, but packaged in a single figure blister for us MOCers.

Now I realize this will never happen. But would it be cool? I vote yes! It would be great to get that stuff made in the Classics scale for our MOTUC figures but would also give us MOCers something else cool to hang on the wall.

But would it be worth a monthly slot to you? "Coming this December - SCUBATTAK! Part of the Club Eternia Subscription!" Something like that?

What else could be done this way? What other non-figures would fit in the single figure boosters? Vat of Slime? MegaLaser? 3 Meteorbs? Half a Road Ripper? (That would be a fun two months!)
    Angella Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MultiBot NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

I would love to get the Meteorbs, but I couldn't care less about tower tools, stilt talkers, megalaser, etc...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

No vehicles in the subs please. Just figures and beasts. Mini-rigs are cool but woul dprefer them as add on items outside of the sub.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    No vehicles in the subs please. Just figures and beasts. Mini-rigs are cool but woul dprefer them as add on items outside of the sub.
    Agreed. The sub should be reserved for figures (oversized and regular) and beasts. Although I really do want vehicles, they should not be part of the monthly subscription, instead they could be sold on Matty as stand alone SKUs.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah why not. Ideas are running pretty low so this makes sense to milk the fans some more.

No, I want only figures in the sub, 2 and 3 packs get expensive enough without having a $70 vehicle or misc oddities taking needed figures away. Out of sub is the place for all of that, I mostly only care about the figures, and things like Weapons Packs.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Snappy Threader
    Idk, maybe. I too want figures, but it could be a nice way to keep the line going and fresh especially after 2014.....

I wouldn't mind over-sized figures like Ram Man ending up mixed in among the 12 monthly released instead of all of them being standard sized. Otherwise, no I don't want to see non-figures taking a slot from the 12.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Non-figures taking a slot from a monthly figure...nope.

I wouldn't though mind a small vehicle like the Sky Sled as a quarterly sku instead of another 3 pack of nobodies.

I'm okay with a quarterly slot going to a vehicle, but the sub should include 12 monthly figures.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Not in a figure slot. I probably wouldn't want the stilts/scuba thing/whatever at all anyway, no matter how they're sold, however I might feel alright with a Meteorb 2-pack in a figure slot maybe a couple years down the road.

Of course I will be very upset if Meteorbs see the light of day before Uncle Montork and Dree Elle.

Bring it all on, I say! Meteorbs, Tower Tools, you name it! Now, maybe not in the monthly slots, but shoot, I'd take a second quarterly sub for goodies like these oddities. Say two accessories and two vehicles a year?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Would have to be something pretty amazing to interest me honestly. I am in this for the figures, never really been keen on vehicles (although I have a windraider) or set pieces etc.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    ....er.... no. Sorry. Just not interested. I want more figures right now, not more items in exchange for figures.

I would take an add-on subscription with some items though. I'd love to see more set pieces, vehicles, and add-on equipment.

I like you Sundevil prefer the single packouts for MOC display.I've been tempted to rip open Vykron because the packaging stands out.Maybe I'll eventually sell him.I'm not gonna let the oversized packaging deter me from getting the rock warriors though.To answer your question I'd prefer figures in the slots even if I'm not interested.I like your line of thinking though.I just have to think how many fans will be upset if their figure doesn't get made.Down the road,yes..

I would love to see the Jet Sled, Stilt Stalkers and Megalaser, but not in place of a figure slot. Additional items like the Weapons Rack, please!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    No, I want only figures in the sub, 2 and 3 packs get expensive enough without having a $70 vehicle or misc oddities taking needed figures away. Out of sub is the place for all of that, I mostly only care about the figures, and things like Weapons Packs.
    I should have been more clear - I was thinking of items that can both fit in a regular monthly figure blister AND cost the same! So $30ish, same as monthly figures. I'm sure there are also PoP, NA, and 200X items that coul dbe done this way as well.
    Angella Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MultiBot NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

No thanks, just figures please.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Nope. I don't want items like Stilt Stalkers, Beam-Blaster/Artilleray, etc. taking slots away from regular figures. No way. If they make items like that, I'd prefer that they put those things outside the sub ala the Wind Raider and Weapons Paks.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Nope, I want 12-18 figures a year. Extras should be out of the sub.

Heroic Podcaster
    Thanks to all of your input, I think the answer is obvious now...

...put things like the Stilt Stalkers in WITH figures! Extendar plus Tower Tools, Hydron plus Scubattak, etc.! Of course, those months would be expensive...

Heroic Warrior
    No.

Well... only if they could fit a full sized Sky Sled (front of the Battle Ram) on a card, for no more than $22.

Figures and it should stay that way.

Anything else as you can see and have read has taken away from costs, tooling, accessories, etc. And weapons Packs have served to help complete an issue like accessories at times, so I'm OK with that (even though it is not a sub item.)

Now in your original comment, yes I feel the FFM probably should've packed out separately (cost + popularity issue + backlash/negativity) as much as I can rationally see Scott and Mattel's reasoning, but hey as of right now they're still gonna have that Wind Raider Pilot lurking out there and I think he completes that little faction, IMO.

Overall considering the 'Limited" budget this line gets or has I would rather have simply the figures and nothing else as cool as beasts, vehicles and castles are cause with such a tight rope product I want every single figure and more before this line dies.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

No, not interested in anything taking up a monthly figure spot.

Grayskull's Librarian Shadow Weaver 78's Avatar
    Nope.

Razz, please...
    Go big or go home