Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Rokkon and Stonedar are the 2013 SDCC MOTUC Exclusives

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I honestly wasn't expecting her with this set, but I'd buy a Granita figure in a hot minute]
    That's where I'm at with it. I definitely did not expect Granita and I think she's off the radar of a lot of fans. But I'd also love to get her and I suspect we may get her eventually as there's very little reuse out of these figures. She's definitely a way to recycle parts of Rokkon/Stonedar at some point in the future. So, I say, bring on Granita!... eventually!

(I also had to post this, lest Danielle add anti-rockism to my list of MOTU/POP hate crimes)

Granita is a must; I want her eventually too. This set is so cool!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    I think the Granita obsession is ridiculous, it really is. They are the rock warriors and have always been Stondar and Rokkon only. There is nothing missing. People that want Granita fine but this is not the thread for it. Now on to the rock warriors they are what I expected them to be. Not really much to say about them other than that.
    Hey all - totally fine to talk about Granita in relation to the two-pack. But she does also have her own speculation thread along with the rest of the Rock People here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=Granita

As for myself, I'd be cool with Granita. Didn't expect her here, but I'd take her some day.

I would think that people wanting to get Granita is exactly what Toyguru and Mattel wants (apart obviously from buzzing about the exclusive). Better to have people excited by a two-pack and wanting an additional figure, rather than more unhappiness about the expense of another three-pack.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I got Vykron last year, so I'll probably get this 2-pack this year as well. I just hope I don't forget to go pick it up like I did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Hey all - totally fine to talk about Granita in relation to the two-pack. But she does also have her own speculation thread along with the rest of the Rock People here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=Granita

As for myself, I'd be cool with Granita. Didn't expect her here, but I'd take her some day.
    I think this is more about her being considered a part of a set by a lot of collectors, more than speculation of wanting her in general. But, since we're not getting here, it's all speculation now! LOL I hope we get her, and we actually might have gotten her with this set had so many people not complained about the Star Sisters and FFM.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...Cheers to Bcrduke for being right as usual! I think the 4H and Mattel did as well with this set as they could, economically and creatively speaking! Vintage and Filmation folks can both be happy, and they retain the "action-feature" that the absence of would have had most fans in an uproar! Assuming (optimistically, and I do!) that the line goes a few more years, I have no doubt Granita is coming, sooner or later!!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

I think the Granita obsession is ridiculous, it really is. They are the rock warriors and have always been Stondar and Rokkon only. There is nothing missing. People that want Granita fine but this is not the thread for it. Now on to the rock warriors they are what I expected them to be. Not really much to say about them other than that.
    You are more than entitled to your point of view but your delivery is offensive. That said, a lot of fans follow the cartoons as main cannon. So for them, Granita is part of a set of 3. It's a valid point whether you want it to be or not.

I think the 2 remaining Rock People look great and I can't wait to get them.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I would think that people wanting to get Granita is exactly what Toyguru and Mattel wants (apart obviously from buzzing about the exclusive). Better to have people excited by a two-pack and wanting an additional figure, rather than more unhappiness about the expense of another three-pack.
    That's a very excellent point!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I got Vykron last year, so I'll probably get this 2-pack this year as well. I just hope I don't forget to go pick it up like I did last year.
    This 2 pack is much less forgetable than Vykron!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

With these two being vintage I sure hope Mattel makes enough to keep up with demand so we don't have a 30 second sell out like we did with Strobo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    With these two being vintage I sure hope Mattel makes enough to keep up with demand so we don't have a 30 second sell out like we did with Strobo!!!
    They only sold a sliver of the Strobo stock as a promotional preview, there will be plenty of him available later in the year.

I think this set is great, I HOPE they sell well. I haven't heard anything bad about them, just minor criticisms.

Def better than Vykron...
    But who's worse according to you guys? Vykron or Spector? I think Vykron is actually worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    They only sold a sliver of the Strobo stock as a promotional preview, there will be plenty of him available later in the year.

I think this set is great, I HOPE they sell well. I haven't heard anything bad about them, just minor criticisms.

Def better than Vykron...
    But who's worse according to you guys? Vykron or Spector? I think Vykron is actually worse.
    That's a toss up...lol. I think I'll agree with Vykron though as he's a clip on expensive mess. However these guys are a MUST HAVE so I hope you're right!

I'm surprised these are SDCC figures instead of in the subscription, because they are vintage figures. I think they look great and I might have to get two sets, one to display as figures and one to have as rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    I'm surprised these are SDCC figures instead of in the subscription, because they are vintage figures. I think they look great and I might have to get two sets, one to display as figures and one to have as rocks!
    Might be because of tooling budget. I believe that SDCC exclusive gets its own tooling budget, so they can go a little further out there with the cost. If these guys were in the main line, it might bump somebody else like Two Bad or Modulok or something, someone that takes a bit extra to do.
    They usually make plenty of these though, so I wouldn't worry about not being able to get one, unless you log on like an hour or two after they go on sale and expect them to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    And I point this out with no sarcasm my friend, but they did release Orko and Prince Adam as exclusives both whom were vintage. But with that thought I think Mattel has a subconscious pattern of releasing a concept, vintage and must have (or Filmation, if you will) and it seems like a pattern to me.

King Grayskull
    He-Ro
    Orko & Prince Adam
    Queen Marlena / Captain Glenn
    Vykron
    Stonedar and Rokkon
    Filmation SDCC 2014 or maybe ELDOR?
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Holy ****storm! If I'm not mistaken the title of the thread is: Rokkon and Stonedar are the 2013 SDCC MOTUC Exclusives. That being said I do find it annoying that more people are complaining about a 3-pack that never existed than talking about the reality 2-pack that has been announced. I said if you want Granita that's fine but to think she is on the same wanted level as Rokkon and Stonedar I find absolutely silly. There is a very small but loud POP group that want her. That is the way I see it. Anyways its cool to see the Comet Warriors ((Rokkon & Stonedar)) finally make their way to MOTUC.

The proto pictures show the leg bands clipped around the thigh.Looks like we are getting them hiding behind the knee.That totally sucks,the red clip really broke up all that blue on Stondar. I'm curious why this changed.. .Nonetheless these guys are awesome and happy to have them. !!
    Last edited by King Criss79; May 1, 2013 at 01:26am.

I was hoping it was just an oversight when they were taking photos but unless i'm reading this response from TG incorrectly concerning this particular question from Mattycollector.com...

"Why does the figure not have red bands on his thighs but he does have on the back of the package. He looks real odd without them, please say he's going to come with them"

"The lose figures are final. The cross sell image is (like with all figs) early prototypes that may include parts or deco not on the final fig due to cost. Production is actually complete and the figures are on the way to SDCC!"

...it looks like we're not getting them at all.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    And I point this out with no sarcasm my friend, but they did release Orko and Prince Adam as exclusives both whom were vintage. But with that thought I think Mattel has a subconscious pattern of releasing a concept, vintage and must have (or Filmation, if you will) and it seems like a pattern to me.

King Grayskull
    He-Ro
    Orko & Prince Adam
    Queen Marlena / Captain Glenn
    Vykron
    Stonedar and Rokkon
    Filmation SDCC 2014 or maybe ELDOR?
    nope you're correct. I totally forgot about adam and orko!

Does anyone think that the 2-pack in the Club Eternia Subscription for this year might be a COMET/ROCK Warriors 2-Pack?? There might be a female in the 2pack. In which case could be a Granita figure for people who want her. Thoughts?

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    I have been waiting SO long to get to these guys!

Rokkon was by far not only my favorite MOTU fig, but he was just one of my favorite toys in general as a kid. Stonedar was cool too, but Rokkon was my fav. And now we get him at last. So cool. They have been sitting way out on the roadmap for so long, I often wondered if I would even still be on the line and around by the time we got to this set in 2013. But man, here we are. SDCC 2013. Oh man, the Rock Warriors at last!

Honestly had my doubts back in 2009 if we would make it this far, but man, no fans like He-Fans to keep a line going! So glad to finally have my favorite MOTU figure in Classics!

I haven't read through this whole thread, but it looks like overall folks are pleased with this one. Really glad for that@ To blast through some common questions:

The set is 60.00. You are basically getting two 30.00 (Ram Man size) figures. With all the extra rock parts (especially the add on bottom part) there is way more per figure vs. what we could do with a monthly 25.00 slot. This is also one reason we didn't want to include Granita. A 90.00 set with three 30.00 figs felt too high and we can always find a way to get to her down the road. Just because we aren't doing her now doesn't take her off the table.

But yeah, while I am a Granita fan, Rokkon and Stonedar are the Comet Warriors. They were the vintage toys and I have to be in that camp on this issue in the end.

And yes, also the cross sell does show some legs bands that we couldn't tool. The final figures are the lose figs and the packaged figs in the shots. Often (well, always) the cross sell shots are done off of the prototypes and some things do change along the way. In this case it came down to tooling and we really maxed out. It was leg bands or laser gun accessories and we went with the accessories. Never an easy choice, but that was the mind behind the madness on this choice in what to include (we obviously didn't want to lose the rock armor and both figs have 100% unique rock armor each).

All and all a fantastic set. The armor pieces clip onto the existing joint indents on the elbows and knees. The leg armor also can snap together in the back. There is a "tail" piece in the back that is articulated up or down on a hinge to help with posing and the transformation. They can transform pretty quick and the armor stays on very tight (although if you do full armor it clearly will limit the articulation as you lose elbow and knee movement (like the vintage figs).

There will be no difference between the one at the show and online. Sub holders will get early access to all of the SDCC items when they go on sale in Aug (isn). But first shot is at the show!

And no, this set is not in the subscription as noted at sign up.

That's it for now. And if you are in the South Bay area, stop by the Comic Bug this Sat for Free Comic Book day and see Rokkon and Stonedar in person. (after that they go back on my desk, Spector needs his crime fighting partner Rokkon --in my own non MOTUC bios person cannon that is! Go Spectormobile Go! Right on Rokkon! I kill me.)

See ya at the show

SdN

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Nah, she's not missing. She doesnt belong in it.
    Don't mind him. He's just stating his opinion as fact again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I hope not too! I know Quartzina is scared in her picture.
    Quartzina is a fan given name, not the characters actual name (which she has never been given one). There is a green Male Rock Warrior in that same mini-comic that is also unnamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The set is 60.00. You are basically getting two 30.00 (Ram Man size) figures. With all the extra rock parts (especially the add on bottom part) there is way more per figure vs. what we could do with a monthly 25.00 slot. This is also one reason we didn't want to include Granita. A 90.00 set with three 30.00 figs felt too high and we can always find a way to get to her down the road. Just because we aren't doing her now doesn't take her off the table.
    Thanks for responding Scott. I get that in the price point - $90 could have put some people off. My only worry is that Granita will get put to the back of the pile after the fuss about these two dies down... And I don't want them without her. I just have no need for them as a duo as, to me, they were always a trio.

I guess many people are having to draw the line somewhere with MOTUC, as much as it pains us, due to cost and space. I hope Granita is revealed soon and think she'd make an excellent, refreshingly different female figure to match the Horde ladies in battle.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I am repeating myself here... but nobody actually expected Granita to be included in a three-pack did they? Scott said many times that there would not be another three pack in the line after the fall out of the Fighting Foe Men.
    But, Scott also says the SDCC items are planned a year in advance, which means they would have already had the Comet/Rock Warriors planned prior to the response received from the FFM. So an additional 3-pack at that point was entirely possible.

Scott seems to miss the point that it wasn't entirely the $75 price tag of the FFM, but the character selection. Had that been a 3-pack of Stonedar, Granita, and Rokkon, and the SDCC item been the box art pilots, I think fans would have been happier about the subs and those that couldn't attend SDCC would be happier about the exclusive.

I know costs are an issue for some, but I think the majority will say it was the selection. If it was characters they wanted in that sub 3-pack, I doubt there would have been as many complaints.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy ****storm! If I'm not mistaken the title of the thread is: Rokkon and Stonedar are the 2013 SDCC MOTUC Exclusives. That being said I do find it annoying that more people are complaining about a 3-pack that never existed than talking about the reality 2-pack that has been announced. I said if you want Granita that's fine but to think she is on the same wanted level as Rokkon and Stonedar I find absolutely silly. There is a very small but loud POP group that want her. That is the way I see it. Anyways its cool to see the Comet Warriors ((Rokkon & Stonedar)) finally make their way to MOTUC.
    That is the way you see it...and you're seeing it wrong. I'm not a PoP fan, I'm a customer. And as a customer, I do want Granita too. So your whole viewpoint is not only incorrect, it's biased because you sound like a non-PoP person and have classified Granita as being only PoP.

And, for the record, people ARE discussing the 2-pack that exists when they mention her, because they are expressing how they thought she would belong with Stonedar and Rokkon in a Multi-pack. The hoped that was what the SDCC item would gave been, had the Rock/Comet warriors been revealed. Just because you're not a fan of the character, doesn't make those that are and their thoughts regarding her inclusion in this exclusive invalid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    I have been waiting SO long to get to these guys!

Rokkon was by far not only my favorite MOTU fig, but he was just one of my favorite toys in general as a kid. Stonedar was cool too, but Rokkon was my fav. And now we get him at last. So cool. They have been sitting way out on the roadmap for so long, I often wondered if I would even still be on the line and around by the time we got to this set in 2013. But man, here we are. SDCC 2013. Oh man, the Rock Warriors at last!

Honestly had my doubts back in 2009 if we would make it this far, but man, no fans like He-Fans to keep a line going! So glad to finally have my favorite MOTU figure in Classics!

I haven't read through this whole thread, but it looks like overall folks are pleased with this one. Really glad for that@ To blast through some common questions:

But yeah, while I am a Granita fan, Rokkon and Stonedar are the Comet Warriors. They were the vintage toys and I have to be in that camp on this issue in the end.

And yes, also the cross sell does show some legs bands that we couldn't tool. The final figures are the lose figs and the packaged figs in the shots. Often (well, always) the cross sell shots are done off of the prototypes and some things do change along the way. In this case it came down to tooling and we really maxed out. It was leg bands or laser gun accessories and we went with the accessories. Never an easy choice, but that was the mind behind the madness on this choice in what to include (we obviously didn't want to lose the rock armor and both figs have 100% unique rock armor each).

All and all a fantastic set. The armor pieces clip onto the existing joint indents on the elbows and knees. The leg armor also can snap together in the back. There is a "tail" piece in the back that is articulated up or down on a hinge to help with posing and the transformation. They can transform pretty quick and the armor stays on very tight (although if you do full armor it clearly will limit the articulation as you lose elbow and knee movement (like the vintage figs).

There will be no difference between the one at the show and online. Sub holders will get early access to all of the SDCC items when they go on sale in Aug (isn). But first shot is at the show!

And no, this set is not in the subscription as noted at sign up.

That's it for now. And if you are in the South Bay area, stop by the Comic Bug this Sat for Free Comic Book day and see Rokkon and Stonedar in person. (after that they go back on my desk, Spector needs his crime fighting partner Rokkon --in my own non MOTUC bios person cannon that is! Go Spectormobile Go! Right on Rokkon! I kill me.)

See ya at the show

SdN
    So, because Granita didn't have a vintage toy, she's not a Comet Warrior? Does that mean Octavia and Scorpia are not Horde members? For someone that has always said the line was meant to include every era, why are you suggesting Granita is something less than what she is, only because she didn't have a vintage toy? Remember your logic the next time you want to push a Dare figure or Skeleteen.

So, you decided to forfeit articulation and visual design to get the laser gun (tooling used twice for both figures), which could have been released in the upcoming Weapons Pak. Honestly, Scott...that was bad planning. Saying the vintage figures couldn't bend their knees doesn't make it any better. The way the prototypes appeared to handle the armor allowed for full articulation. So, this was just bad choices, all around. You should have chosen the leg bands and released the guns in the 4th weapons Pak.

How is this even a con "exclusive" anymore, when the exact same item is on sale on Matty's website less than a month later??? Are attendees getting something polybagged at least, like Gleek was for the Wonder Twins or the Un-Men were for Swamp Thing? If not, then there isn't anything special for those that attend the actual convention.

It is still a great set, but it's a B+ when it could have been an A+.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; May 1, 2013 at 03:58am.