All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    It is very evident that Mattel Design and or the vendor re-engineered the strap situation. They were clearly meant to clip the biceps and the quads. I think Mattel sometimes doesn't understand the customer base, the character, or both when they try to remind folks that the name of the game in this line is buck reuse based on the vintage line. The reasoning is very flawed.

Ram Man is/was not buck reuse.
    The Rock Warriors are not buck reuse (even the satellite lasers)
    Several of the Snake Men are not buck reuse.
    Many of the Horde if not all are not buck reuse.
    Sorceress was not buck reuse.

By that logic, all the PoP girls should have identical faces (shudder).

Look at the clasps used to clip the rocks to the Rock Warriors. they couldn't afford to tool the 4H ones, but they could afford to tool different ones? It makes no sense. It was a Design fail plain and simple. The Four Horsemen went out of their way to make it right, and Mattel didn't properly translate it. The 4H ones looked like clips, too. Once the rock pieces come off, you'd lose the bands anyway, so I don't know how fans would have felt if the prototypes remained unchanged. The outcome appears the same. I wish Mattel didn't sabotage the 4H good-faith effort.

That said, it's thankfull an easy fix. Yes they used Trap Jaw legs and arms, but to play devil's advocate, it's admittedly one of the few times it actually works. They are nicer than the boots they originally had (though personally I would have tooled them new so they could be re-used on Squeeeze). That was a Horsemen decision based on allowed budget. I am OK with this one particular choice. I get folks not OK with this choice. Like the Horde armbands, they can be molded later, thankfully.

Pack the bands in with Granita, the 2015 $30 MOTUC figure ;-)
    Maybe the clips as bands on Stonedar's legs could not be engineered in that manner?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...-13-exclusives

MatSDCC13MOTUCStone2.jpg
    Love these guys, even with some of their issues. I didn't realize the interiors of the rocks had painted tech details. Those look cool.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Love these guys, even with some of their issues. I didn't realize the interiors of the rocks had painted tech details. Those look cool.
    The only issue I have with them is hella' minor. I'm just not into the banana hammock loin cloth these guys are styled with. Other than that, they're fine.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior

MatSDCC13MOTUCStone2.jpg
    Very much agreed. I would love for the rock warriors to switch up for the display tomorrow. I'd like to see Stonedar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Maybe the clips as bands on Stonedar's legs could not be engineered in that manner?
    You can mold anything to the unique leg musculature for it to clip on appropriately :-)

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    The only issue I have with them is hella' minor. I'm just not into the banana hammock loin cloth these guys are styled with. Other than that, they're fine.
    Yep - the band would have been cool but I don't care that much. They look amazing, I think.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Warrior
    I will say for deco, I wish Stonedar has the royal blue from the cross sell art on his armor and helmet, just to differentiate him from Rokkon more, but a minor quibble. I just showed my older brother these toys since he had Rokkon as a kid, and now he WANTS them. So one will be a birthday present now, since it's in August :-)

I'm surprised at how many people are actually upset that Granita isn't included in this set. It makes sense, since Filmation was not included in the original roadmap and these two have been planned as this years exclusive from the beginning, so she would have had to have been added and it most likely was already budgeted out for only the two of them. I also can't help but think if she were included we would be hearing a lot of backlash regarding price and from the fans who only want Granita and are "forced" to buy two figures they don't want. Just another case of "darned if you do, darned if you don't".

Also, including her in this set would have meant another $30, but putting her in a sub it's possible she will only be $25 because her tooling cost could be off set by figures with lower amount of tooling like Icer, Batros, Shakoti, and Sea Hawk.
    Last edited by Jinxieman; May 4, 2013 at 05:15pm.

MatSDCC13MOTUCStone2.jpg
    Looks great, despite the missing leg bands.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    I agree, they look really good, but new upper legs would make them even better...

I agree, that the stone parts are too big, bad for design, but good for the action feature fans...

So happy about how Rokkon's face sculpt came out. He looks amazing

Yes, I am guessing the clip-on rock parts are bigger than the prototypes to actually make the rock "formation" work. Still, they look too big when clipped onto the figures while standing up.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    I'm surprised at how many people are actually upset that Granita isn't included in this set. It makes sense, since Filmation was not included in the original roadmap and these two have been planned as this years exclusive from the beginning ....
    That's like saying they planned LOST since the beginning.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

I love the tech details on the inside of the rocks!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Really like the figures more after seeing those new pics. Rokkon's colours look really bright and impressive
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Yes, I am guessing the clip-on rock parts are bigger than the prototypes to actually make the rock "formation" work. Still, they look too big when clipped onto the figures while standing up.

Yeah. Since Classics figures have more realistic proportions than the vintage figures, their arms and legs aren't the same length (Rokkon and Stonedar's arms don't reach the ground), so an extra piece is needed.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Rokkon looks fabulous in those pictures but Stonedar lacks some color. The red on his thighs i totally missing. It seems he has some red spread into his boots but for now packaged like that his color scheme is a bit boring, if you ask me.

I like both their faces and it looks as if they can turn their heads, i was afraid because of their rock attachments they won´t be able to that but Rokkon seems to do so with out any trouble
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Love these two! I understand people wanting the leg bands on these guys though. I'd be miffed if/when Goat Man is released and he doesn't have his leg bands...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...OTUCStone3.jpg

Yeah. Since Classics figures have more realistic proportions than the vintage figures, their arms and legs aren't the same length (Rokkon and Stonedar's arms don't reach the ground), so an extra piece is needed.
    Since they had to make another piece for the front, why not just make THAT part larger, and retain the Prototype proportions for the arms?

Update: Design team for the loss again: Prototype rock form:
    Last edited by darkmoon766; May 5, 2013 at 01:09am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...OTUCStone3.jpg

I'm sorry, but... since I know what pieces are what, all I can see are Stonedar and Rokkon just kind of face planted Into the rock or something.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

I can't really understand wht people are not bothered about the goofyness of those figures. they're good but they could have been great. c'mon, those stones attachments are way too big and they ruin two of my favourte figures in the vintage line. considering that I dont care about the action features in this line (we know how they managed them till now and im pretty happy with the swappable heads and sorta to kinda remind the feature of the 80s) could they just make those pieces smaller and still let them trasnsform in the comet from (of course without the action figure inside as a base)? poor choices....youll se when you get them in your hands.

and why rokkon is so perfect and so vintage looking while stonedar, thata had one of the most beautiful facecsulpt in the vintageline, is now something totally far from the 80s counterpart?

could be another ram man or fisto is going to be meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    I agree. There's no way that these were planned for the 2013 SDCC exclusive from the beginning. I believe this must have been a rather recent decision based on poor sub sales, which is supposed to help get as many vintage character out as possible before the line ends. Anyhow, it's just a feeling I have. I have no evidence or source to support this theory.
    I do find it interesting thou that this time there's no difference between the SDCC and Matty version...

They might have been on the roadmap for 2013, but I don't think they were planned for SDCC
    Last edited by Grayskull's Heir; May 5, 2013 at 06:39am.
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I agree. There's no way that these were planned for the 2013 SDCC exclusive from the beginning. I believe this must have been a rather recent decision based on poor sub sales, which is supposed to help get as many vintage character out as possible before the line ends. Anyhow, it's just a feeling I have. I have no evidence or source to support this theory.
    I do find it interesting thou that this time there's no difference between the SDCC and Matty version...

They might have been on the roadmap for 2013, but I don't think they were planned for SDCC

There was no difference in the Mo-Larr vs Skeletor 2Pak either!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    Wait! LOST wasn't planned from the beginning?
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    There was no difference in the Mo-Larr vs Skeletor 2Pak either!
    You are right and this fact actually supports my theory instead of contradicting it
    The actual 2010 SDCC exclusive that was on the original road map was the Adam/Orko 2-pak, of which the SDCC version included a different Orko figure.
    The Mo-Larr/Skeletor pak was a short-term decision based on their collaboration with Robot Chicken. Scott made it very clear that the Mo-Larr/Skeletor pak did not take away anything from the MOTUC tooling budget and did not use up one of the figure slots. It was a "spontaneous" addition to the original road map
    Awesome sticker included!