Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Rokkon and Stonedar are the 2013 SDCC MOTUC Exclusives

Good improvement with the video! but the rock pieces are astronomicaly big. I still love the figures but I will probably display them without the rocks. My questions still remains, why they can do an awesome figure like Mantenna and then they came out with shoulder drums and giant rock pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    Good improvement with the video! but the rock pieces are astronomicaly big. I still love the figures but I will probably display them without the rocks. My questions still remains, why they can do an awesome figure like Mantenna and then they came out with shoulder drums and giant rock pieces?
    …believe me i donīt want to jinx that but we havenīt seen the finished Mantenna yet
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

I like the video! The bands on the legs would have been nice but I'm pleased with the way they've seemingly turned out. After seeing the vid…I actually like the large size of the rock pieces. In their rock forms they're impressive in size! I like how the rock pieces snap into the peg holes.

And OMG @ Shokoti and Castapella!!!!
    Last edited by chuc98; May 7, 2013 at 07:05pm.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Of all the vintage MOTU figures, Rokkon and Stonedar were always my least favorites, and while I agree the rock parts are extraordinarily big compared to the originals, I think both of these guys will look just fine on my shelf.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    "Mhmm"
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I like the video! The bands on the legs would have been nice but I'm pleased with the way they've seemingly turned out. After seeing the vid…I actually like the large size of the rock pieces. In their rock forms they're impressive in size! I like how the rock pieces snap into the peg holes.

And OMG @ Shokoti and Castapella!!!!
    I 100% agree about your rock form pieces statement. I always thought they were much bigger in size than portrayed by their vintage figures. I just really like that they are astronomically huge. Excited....

Great video, really made me want them more than I did before. Now show us some bios man!
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    Great video, really made me want them more than I did before. Now show us some bios man!
    Right if Casta and Shokoti are ready then that means so is Clamp, Champ, NA He-Man, and Icer as well as Octavia show us some bios.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

I'm afraid their heads won't be able to turn

Great video, the mechanism for snapping on the stone pieces is genius.

Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    I'm afraid their heads won't be able to turn
    Don't worry!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...-13-exclusives

Attachment 84522
    Love these guys, even with some of their issues. I didn't realize the interiors of the rocks had painted tech details. Those look cool.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm still not a fan of the action feature. I think it should be ditched for aesthetic reasons but maybe I'll feel different when I have them in hand. Many figures I thought didn't look good, I ended up keeping once they came in. Still very excited to get these guys. Never thought we'd make it this far.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Like others have said, I'm happy the rock form is large and intimidating, also I like the figures without the rock attachments too.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    These guys are great and I think the execution was well done. The rock pieces are big but they do the job well, so no complaints from me.

I wish they had some smaller rock pieces to attach as well. As it is it's either one extreme or the other, huge great pieces or none at all.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    Nice and instructive video!
    Also the quality is improved compared to the previous matty videos - it was very hard to see anything because of the low resolution but this one is good.
    It was improved & taken from Granita's resources !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Kinda tired that every character has to be related.
    Yes. I think if there is any other type of relation to these two; it would be similar to that of Hot Rod and Kup from the Transformers Movie, where 'Rod is the rookie and Stoney is the seasoned veteran of their remaining races.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Yes. I think if there is any other type of relation to these two; it would be similar to that of Hot Rod and Kup from the Transformers Movie, where 'Rod is the rookie and Stoney is the seasoned veteran of their remaining races.
    Totally agree. That is exactly how I see them actually.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

1) They look Great.

2) They executed the transformation in a manner that allows us to display them 3 different ways.

3) They come together in a 2-pack (which I personally thought was absolutely necessary for these guys).

4) They gave us 2 great figures from the original line without using a regular slot.

So....there's really nothing to complain about here. I'll definitely be picking these two up. Did I hear a rumor that subbers will get early access for them? That will make me very happy if that's true.
    Kittens are delicious!

Wasn't there supposed to be a poll for the leg bands? Anyhow, can't wait for these to arrive!

Quote Originally Posted by burgun824 View Post

2) They executed the transformation in a manner that allows us to display them 3 different ways.
    Four different ways, if you count " as a big rock, but with the butt flap up" which is almost certainly how I'll be displaying mine.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    Four different ways, if you count " as a big rock, but with the butt flap up" which is almost certainly how I'll be displaying mine.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    Gas Attack Stonedar and Rokkon! Watch out, Stinkor, you got some rocky competition.

Seriously, it's hard not to chuckle at the rear flap, though I see where it's necessary. I think the approach taken is the best way to do them in the current line, and seems to look pretty good in any of the configurations.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm so pleased that they have detachable rock armor & can be transformed into rock form. how cool is that!
    interesting that they are getting more Trap-jaw parts. oh well it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Hmmm.... I could work with that... gotta make a note of this one for another custom figure.
    that looks amazing! I totally want that!
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    I can't really understand wht people are not bothered about the goofyness of those figures. they're good but they could have been great. c'mon, those stones attachments are way too big and they ruin two of my favourte figures in the vintage line..
    Actually quite a few are unhappy with those desing choises they made me included. I really love these characters and their vintage counterparts, but these really look sad!

I admit the rockform looks good, but other than that they look ridiculous if you want to showcase them in a human form unless you take the rock parts off. Plus Stonedar's face looks atleast in the pictures a miss by 4H which is RARE.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK