Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Rokkon and Stonedar are the 2013 SDCC MOTUC Exclusives

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Maybe the whole reason the Rock Warriors can be displayed in their Filmation looks is because they have Granita in mind.
    Well, I imagine from a design standpoint, the Filmation designs are always simple and clean, and easy to sculpt. I speculate that this is why we don't see too many 200X designs(that and other legal reasons). Those designs were a bit too busy and gaudy. The amount of extra sculpting and paint apps that would be needed would be too much.

I still think Granita will be one of the 6 of the Filmation Sub. Sea Hawk, Granita, Madam Razz, Icer, Batros, Shokoti...

I hope to see the 3 Female Comet Warriors made someday too. I need a big Comet Warrior faction!

Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    yes and yes and yes.
    stonedar fasculpt was amazing and one of the most charcteristic and unique in all the vintage line.
    I'm wondering if Keldor boots would be better...

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I hope to see the 3 Female Comet Warriors made someday too. I need a big Comet Warrior faction!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...98419203_n.jpg
    Facet and Quartzina look really sad in the photo you attached. I hope it's not an omen against them being made.

Court Magician
    I can really see them doing Granita in the Filmation sub too

They can re-use Tallstar parts for Granita.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Facet and Quartzina look really sad in the photo you attached. I hope it's not an omen against them being made.
    I hope not too! I know Quartzina is scared in her picture.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Yikes...I don't really get all the backlash over the Trap Jaw legs. Parts re-use is what this line is all about, and they're really cool looking and fit these figures.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Just noticed the missing leg bands - maybe there is a genuine reason for this? Perhaps Mattel are avoiding the problems which Vykron's armor had? Perhaps the Rock pieces snap onto the figure rather than be fixed by ties?
    Clearly the 4 horsemen chose original thigh sculpts from the back of the box pictures, design team didn't use due to cost, and to make them "pop".

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Why??? Who cares? They didn't use the Trap-Jaw thighs and the boots work for these guys.
    Nobody complains about the reuse of Skeletor, He-Man or He-Ro boots. Everyone jumps on the Trap-Jaw bandwagon.
    Well,
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    First I will say I am super excited for this set, but my issue with the Trap Jaw legs vs Skeletor or He-mans, is that TJ legs are so detailed and stand out so much more then just a fur boot or "armored" shins.
    They just stand out so much when you see them, you know right away its TJ legs, again it is a nit pick and doesnt not take away from how amazing the figures look, just my personal choice would have been something else.
    As you can see, the reason most of us are tired of them is they stand out so much and are unique looking. Considering the multitudes of characters from different parts of time and space who use these boots, (Trap-Jaw,Man-E-Faces, Roboto, The Mighty-Spector, Optikk, Karatti, AND Stonedar and Rokkon-even Horde-Prime Uses the top part!) there must be an intergalactic foundry that has been pumping these out for millennia, and are scattered throughout the cosmos like space debris to fall crashing to different planets through the ages. Can someone write some Fan Fiction to make this fit the canon? Toy-Guru?

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Clearly the 4 horsemen chose original thigh sculpts from the back of the box pictures, design team didn't use due to cost, and to make them "pop".
    I think they are just the connector pieces from the rock elements. On the photo from the back of the packaging the pieces look like they are to the side and the connectors re-create the look of the thigh straps from the original toy. On the other pics it looks like the pieces are swapped resulting in the connector being towards the back of the leg and out of sight. The pieces are likely on the wrong legs. It's probably just another case of a mixup between departments at Mattel, or at least I hope it is.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    As you can see, the reason most of us are tired of them is they stand out so much and are unique looking. Considering the multitudes of characters from different parts of time and space who use these boots, (Trap-Jaw,Man-E-Faces, Roboto, The Mighty-Spector, Optikk, Karatti, AND Stonedar and Rokkon-even Horde-Prime Uses the top part!) there must be an intergalactic foundry that has been pumping these out for millennia, and are scattered throughout the cosmos like space debris to fall crashing to different planets through the ages. Can someone write some Fan Fiction to make this fit the canon? Toy-Guru?
    Oh, I had that covered years ago!

Universal Belt & Brief Co.® have been supplying warriors, scientists, wizards, mercenaries, religious fanatics, ect. all across the cosmos with the highest quality battle briefs, belts, boots and suits for thousands of years. There is no other manufacturer who can supply today's warrior with a higher quality fit and finish than Universal Belt & Brief®. Their products have been proven to withstand the most powerful energy blasts and sword strikes time and time again thanks to their patented DRI-weave™ pattern and strict adherence to the highest quality standards! Popular products such as their All Season Trekker™, favoured by the likes of the famous Trap-Jaw and Man-E-Faces, have never gone out of production thanks in part to their slow wearing, aggressive tread pattern, steel-capped toe, and full knee guard.

In fact, during peace time UB&B contracted The Mighty Spector to conduct a survey across time to determine their all time favourite product, and the Trekker came in third behind their classic Oblubian mammoth fur briefs with baby seal lining and their one-size-fits-all cordite belt. Spector himself favours a pair of special edition Trekkers given to him by King he-Man for his many fantastic accomplishments.......okay, that's enough!
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    Universal Belt & Brief Co.® have been supplying warriors, scientists, wizards, mercenaries, religious fanatics, ect. all across the cosmos with the highest quality battle briefs, belts, boots and suits for thousands of years. There is no other manufacturer who can supply today's warrior with a higher quality fit and finish than Universal Belt & Brief®. Their products have been proven to withstand the most powerful energy blasts and sword strikes time and time again thanks to their patented DRI-weave™ pattern and strict adherence to the highest quality standards! Popular products such as their All Season Trekker™, favoured by the likes of the famous Trap-Jaw and Man-E-Faces, have never gone out of production thanks in part to their slow wearing, aggressive tread pattern, steel-capped toe, and full knee guard.
    In fact, during peace time UB&B contracted The Mighty Spector to conduct a survey across time to determine their all time favourite product, and the Trekker came in third behind their classic Oblubian mammoth fur briefs with baby seal lining and their one-size-fits-all cordite belt. Spector himself favours a pair of special edition Trekkers given to him by King he-Man for his many fantastic accomplishments.......okay, that's enough!
    More! More! This is fantastic and should be considered for canon!

I think they are just the connector pieces from the rock elements. On the photo from the back of the packaging the pieces look like they are to the side and the connectors re-create the look of the thigh straps from the original toy. On the other pics it looks like the pieces are swapped resulting in the connector being towards the back of the leg and out of sight. The pieces are likely on the wrong legs. It's probably just another case of a mixup between departments at Mattel, or at least I hope it is.
    That, along with the lack of Granita, is the biggest letdown for me; Mattel design removed the bands on Rock Warrior's legs. Those are on the original figure and the 4H cleverly made them clips for the rock armor. Mattel design got rid of them and moved a clip behind the knee to hide it. But now it looks like they will hinder movement when trying to bend the knees. Also you can see in the pics that the rock pieces are smaller and less bulky on the box images than the final ones. Once again, Mattel's design team sucks. Every time they decide to change something they weaken the figure. It's like that don't do any homework when it comes to how these characters look or communicate with the 4H as to why they designed something for the way they did.

I really do hope it is a situation where they were just assembled wrong in the promo photos, but I fear that is not the case.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    That, along with the lack of Granita, is the biggest letdown for me; Mattel design removed the bands on Rock Warrior's legs. Those are on the original figure and the 4H cleverly made them clips for the rock armor. Mattel design got rid of them and moved a clip behind the knee to hide it. But now it looks like they will hinder movement when trying to bend the knees. Also you can see in the pics that the rock pieces are smaller and less bulky on the box images than the final ones. Once again, Mattel's design team sucks. Every time they decide to change something they weaken the figure. It's like that don't do any homework when it comes to how these characters look or communicate with the 4H as to why they designed something for the way they did.

I really do hope it is a situation where they were just assembled wrong in the promo photos, but I fear that is not the case.
    Sadly I couldn't have said it better.
    I actually prefer them without those oversized chunks of plastic now...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

What an amazing surprise !!!!!!!!!!!
    rokkon was one of my last vintage figure I used to play almost every day (after homeworks off course ! ) and I'll be pleased to add stonedar in my collection for the first time ever !

You did it matty ! I'm totally excited to get this 2 pak in august !

no need for granita now (maybe in the last filmation sub' slot but not a priority)
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Mattel design removed the bands on Rock Warrior's legs. Those are on the original figure and the 4H cleverly made them clips for the rock armor. Mattel design got rid of them and moved a clip behind the knee to hide it. But now it looks like they will hinder movement when trying to bend the knees. Also you can see in the pics that the rock pieces are smaller and less bulky on the box images than the final ones. Once again, Mattel's design team sucks. Every time they decide to change something they weaken the figure. It's like that don't do any homework when it comes to how these characters look or communicate with the 4H as to why they designed something for the way they did.
    The main problem is that Mattel just does not learn from experience. 5 years into the line they should know by now that the fans do notice these things. I simply do not understand how they can still leak/publish or in this case officially use images of the prototypes that are considerably different from the final product and much much better. It was the same with Grizzlor's second head, Rattlor's armor, Strobo's gun, Prince Adam's sheath, Castle Grayskull's size etc. These toys would be so much more fun if Mattel stopped showing us pictures of what could have been! Nobody would have complained about Stonedar and Rokkon if they hadn't used the prototype pictures on the packaging, just like nobody would have complained about Castle Grayskull if it had been upscaled from the blueprints instead of downscaled.
    They really need to stop doing this. Why they still do this is beyond me.
    Awesome sticker included!

The more I look at it the more it seems that they were re-engineered for an action feature at the expense of aesthetics. I'm not really concerned because they look good enough for me, but the thing that really frustrates me is how Mattel consistently shows us cool stuff and then takes it away. I understand all the business profit stuff, but it's far beyond that. This is rip-off profit stuff. How many times do you have to re-sell us that thigh before you can find it in your heart (wallet?) to tool up an new one for a single use, just because? Unfortunately we're dealing with the kind of mentality where there is never enough. They can never sell us the same thing enough.

Anyway, the whole issue wouldn't even exist if Mattel could manage to use the photos of the products they plan on selling us on the products packaging instead of better products that they don't plan on selling us!! I like these guys, they look fine, and the rock-mode is pretty neat; but please Mattel, can you take some more care as to not air your indiscretions for us to see?
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Is anybody else dissapointed that these are not SUB figs and that we are going to have to fight to get them? It really bothers me that they still stick stuff we dont have that much demand for in this line and then make essentials exclusive - really lame if you ask me. Great figures just lame Mattel approach. Sorry I am just super bummed that there's a 50/50 chance I either will or wont get these on day of sale - lets just hope they made enough to satisfy the core base and give early access - unlike Strobo (not exactly essential though) who they did early access for but had VERY FEW... So happy about the figures - so dissapointed in the sale of....
    PHP Code:
    J-DUBYA!! 

FEEDBACK LINK http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205315

J to the DUB at YA

Heroic Warrior
    The more I look at it the more it seems that they were re-engineered for an action feature at the expense of aesthetics. I'm not really concerned because they look good enough for me, but the thing that really frustrates me is how Mattel consistently shows us cool stuff and then takes it away. I understand all the business profit stuff, but it's far beyond that. This is rip-off profit stuff. How many times do you have to re-sell us that thigh before you can find it in your heart (wallet?) to tool up an new one for a single use, just because? Unfortunately we're dealing with the kind of mentality where there is never enough. They can never sell us the same thing enough.

Anyway, the whole issue wouldn't even exist if Mattel could manage to use the photos of the products they plan on selling us on the products packaging instead of better products that they don't plan on selling us!! I like these guys, they look fine, and the rock-mode is pretty neat; but please Mattel, can you take some more care as to not air your indiscretions for us to see?
    I don't know about you, but I've never directly paid for a thigh. The fact that it gets reuse is hardly "rip-off profit stuff". They have to look at the overall cost of each figure, not worry about whether or not we are comparing everybody's thighs. I'd rather them keep the weapons then change the thighs (which look fine the way they are).
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Something seems to be missing from this set...
    Nah, she's not missing. She doesnt belong in it.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Nah, she's not missing. She doesnt belong in it.
    Says U !!!!!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by JDubya88788 View Post
    Is anybody else dissapointed that these are not SUB figs and that we are going to have to fight to get them? It really bothers me that they still stick stuff we dont have that much demand for in this line and then make essentials exclusive - really lame if you ask me. Great figures just lame Mattel approach. Sorry I am just super bummed that there's a 50/50 chance I either will or wont get these on day of sale - lets just hope they made enough to satisfy the core base and give early access - unlike Strobo (not exactly essential though) who they did early access for but had VERY FEW... So happy about the figures - so dissapointed in the sale of....
    My advice is to relax. The SDCC exclusives have been pretty easy to get on Matty. He-Ro, Orko with Prince Adam, and Queen Marlena with Cringer were all SDCC exclusives, and the Matty versions of them didn't sell out too quickly even when the line was red hot and selling out in seconds. Yeah, I wouldn't wait a day or several hours, but don't expect the same thing as happened with Strobo. He was an unusual release coming out before his intended Con(s) so he had limited numbers for sale at that time.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I'm pretty blown away by these two. I had expected them to not make it into MOTUC, so I was really happy to see them even as the SDCC exclusive. The two big issues people keep bringing up are the "Trap Jaw" boots and the bands on the leg. I really didn't notice that they were the "Trap Jaw" boots until it was pointed out (again and again and again) that they were being re-used. I think they fit and look just fine on the figures, so I can't and won't be bothered by it. As for the leg bands, if you look at the picture on the back of the box, it is pretty obvious that the bands were/are the clips that hold the rock armor on the legs. On the pictures with the leg bands behind the knee, I think the person taking the picture just has them on backwards. It looks to me that they can rotate forward and would rest in the correct spot on the leg. In the end, I'm glad to see them and can't wait to add them to my collection.

Why is everyone saying Stonedar and Rokkon are in their Filmation guises? They look nothing like them!

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Why is everyone saying Stonedar and Rokkon are in their Filmation guises? They look nothing like them!

http://www.mas.io/images/series/25/3...33b-banner.jpg
    The rocks that are missing from the arms and legs are Filmation influenced, although their bodies are nothing alike.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)