Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Rokkon and Stonedar are the 2013 SDCC MOTUC Exclusives

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I think the Granita obsession is ridiculous, it really is. They are the rock warriors and have always been Stondar and Rokkon only. There is nothing missing. People that want Granita fine but this is not the thread for it. Now on to the rock warriors they are what I expected them to be. Not really much to say about them other than that.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The rocks that are missing from the arms and legs are Filmation influenced, although their bodies are nothing alike.
    More like an excuse to share parts...

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    I think the Granita obsession is ridiculous, it really is. They are the rock warriors and have always been Stondar and Rokkon only. There is nothing missing. People that want Granita fine but this is not the thread for it. Now on to the rock warriors they are what I expected them to be. Not really much to say about them other than that.
    Why isn't it? This is a discussion board and we're discussion what is and what could have been. In fairness, your point doesn't add much to the discussion. You yourself say that there isn't much more to say about them than they are what you expected them to be...

Fans bringing Granita up show that she has a lot of fans wanting her. For me, the Rock People were always Stonedar, Rokkon and Granita. MOTUC has shown itself to be an inclusive line, so not including her feels like a real missed opportunity.

I just hope TG sees the love for her and gets her out quick smart. I won't be buying Stonedar and Rokkon if they don't reveal Granita at SDCC. I just don't have a need for them without her.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

This set is perfect! EXACTLY how I wanted them to be. Way to knock it out of the park after last years disappoint! Thanks Mattel! Can't WAIT to get this pack!!!!!!

Ahhh but see…Granita appeared with the two of them in the Filmation toon. She's got a sizable fan base…people want her. It's no more ridiculous than people wanting any other character in this line. As for Stonedar and Rokkon…the COMET WARRIORS…I'd say it'd be nice to see a female Comet Warrior thrown in there at some point. I'll say this…I'm glad it's just a two pack. A three pack would have been very expensive considering the unique tooling that a third, female Comet Warrior would bring.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Ahhh but see…Granita appeared with the two of them in the Filmation toon. She's got a sizable fan base…people want her. It's no more ridiculous than people wanting any other character in this line. As for Stonedar and Rokkon…the COMET WARRIORS…I'd say it'd be nice to see a female Comet Warrior thrown in there at some point. I'll say this…I'm glad it's just a two pack. A three pack would have been very expensive considering the unique tooling that a third, female Comet Warrior would bring.
    I agree, [AS ALWAYS] this comes down to how we were all "individually" introduced to all the characters first.

Like for me, I learned of the Rock Warriors first thru Filmation. So to me, this set is missing some other Rock Warriors... an to me.
    I will have to display two sets of these, without the arms an legs shells on my PoP figure shelf and a second set with the rock arm an leg shell parts on with my MOTU shelf guys; simply because I loved Filmation first... but I also want vintage versions.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Why isn't it? This is a discussion board and we're discussion what is and what could have been. In fairness, your point doesn't add much to the discussion. You yourself say that there isn't much more to say about them than they are what you expected them to be...

Fans bringing Granita up show that she has a lot of fans wanting her. For me, the Rock People were always Stonedar, Rokkon and Granita. MOTUC has shown itself to be an inclusive line, so not including her feels like a real missed opportunity.

I just hope TG sees the love for her and gets her out quick smart. I won't be buying Stonedar and Rokkon if they don't reveal Granita at SDCC. I just don't have a need for them without her.
    Original toyline fan (Rokkon and Stonedar only), meet Filmation fan (Granita is alongside of Rokkon and Stonedar).

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    More like an excuse to share parts...
    Emiliano came to the same idea when he did his MOTUC Visions series.

Here's the link! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...s-Rock-People!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I am repeating myself here... but nobody actually expected Granita to be included in a three-pack did they? Scott said many times that there would not be another three pack in the line after the fall out of the Fighting Foe Men.

I am sure she will get a single card release down the line though, but releasing these two without her seems like the best idea to me.

As for the figures I will need to see them in a video before i can decide if they are that different from the card back and if they are therefore a case of sacrificing sculpt for action feature.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I agree, [AS ALWAYS] this comes down to how we were all "individually" introduced to all the characters first.

Like for me, I learned of the Rock Warriors first thru Filmation. So to me, this set is missing some other Rock Warriors... an to me.
    I will have to display two sets of these, without the arms an legs shells on my PoP figure shelf and a second set with the rock arm an leg shell parts on with my MOTU shelf guys; simply because I loved Filmation first... but I also want vintage versions.
    I originally learned of the Comet Warriors through the toyline. However, I knew of Granita from Filmation. She's a welcome addition to the mythos.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Am I the only one who is disappointed in the re-use of parts choices?
    Maybe not, but I think these turned out GREAT Some people are upset that the final figures look different from the pics on the card back, but I think they are the same (minus some extra clips). If I have learned anything from collecting figures (esp Transformers) the card pics are made to have the figure look more presentable (put the figure at a good angle,etc...) I think the rock armor in the final figure is the same size as the card art--just angles better in the pics to make them look slimmer,etc... I'm still SUPER excited to get these either way

I am really excited for these figures and even more excited now about going to SDCC this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I am repeating myself here... but nobody actually expected Granita to be included in a three-pack did they? Scott said many times that there would not be another three pack in the line after the fall out of the Fighting Foe Men.

I am sure she will get a single card release down the line though, but releasing these two without her seems like the best idea to me.

As for the figures I will need to see them in a video before i can decide if they are that different from the card back and if they are therefore a case of sacrificing sculpt for action feature.
    I hoped for a Stonedar/Granita two pack to be honest.

Since those two are more featured in FILMATION and than later on a Rokkon/Female Comet Warrior(from the vintage mini comics).

FILMATION is a big part in MOTU and is getting more important for Classics as well, the mini comics have been over looked mostly so far and i thought it would have been great to give the nameless Comet Warrior finally a name and some backstory.

Now i hope Granita will be released in the FILMATION Sub and i also hope the female Comet Warrior and the green Comet Warrior which was featured as well in the mini comics "Escape from the Slime Pit" will be released as a two pack down the road.

So now i said it.
    Last edited by Niki; April 30, 2013 at 08:36pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I seem to distinctly recall that being the word on the street for over half a year now, and as much as I love all the Rock People and would welcome more... I was never expecting there to be a three-pack... actually, I didn't really think there'd be a two-pack (though I thought it was a great idea, of course)! I'm just happy to be getting Rokkon & Stonedar in one fell swoop. I really do think Granita will be featured in the Filmation sub later this year. I'm an opener, so I really don't care about how they come packed, as long as they come, period!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post

Like for me, I learned of the Rock Warriors first thru Filmation.
    This is why I wouldn't mind seeing Granita taking up one of the remaining slots in the Filmation sub.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Can't wait!!!
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

Granita has never been a priority for me, but now that the other two guys are coming I do want her a bit more. I wonder if they be able to get the female body to transform like the males.

Can you please provide a link to prove this? Because I've heard people say this, but I've never actually seen anything from Scott saying this. Until proven otherwise, I feel like this is just fans putting their words into Scott's mouth about potential 3 packs in the future. I fully acknowledge I could be wrong, however.

Heroic Warrior
    Somewhere along the line I must have been confused? I thought this line was all about part reuse, but after reading many comments I'm thinking every figure we are getting is a 100% new sculpt!

Ok so seriously when did people start expecting that the lline would start getting all these new pieces? They decided against the new upper leg for Stondar because it simply didn't cost out, and using the Trap Jaw shins is just like using any other shin that has been used over and over again, same with the arms. THese have a ton of new peices all the rock armor, new heads, new gun, new armor? (maybe a new upper torso), plus these are not even in the subscription so if you don't like them don't buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    I'll admit they certainly look frenetic but they had one kick ass commercial and strong characterization across the media. They are one of the few characters who had continuity between the PoP cartoon and the MOTU mini comics! Plus the gimmick was fun when you are four years old.
    Fair enough, I have no memories of them as I was long gone from motu by the time they came out so I never saw anything about them. They just seem like more late-wave stuff that I usually don't like. They just don't look like good designs to me. Still glad for Rock people fans though, it's nice for them to get a 2-pack, and soon!

This line is about many things, including making things that should have been made (or couldn't be made) in the 80s. I have no love for Rock people and even I think it would be weird if they didn't make Granita. I hope the fans get her, a trio is better than a duo and there's always room for more motu females.

Personally I see zero problem with wanting Granita even though she's obviously not happening for this set. These kinds of wants are the stuff of 'wish list' legend and should be more than encouraged. I just don't see the point of continuing to lament the fact that she's not coming. Enough people have mentioned it by now that it's a safe bet we're all infinitely aware of the desire to see her. Heck, I'd like to see her! But she's just not happening for the now and that's a reality we need to grow used to.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

As usual I prefer the Filmation look.

I like them.

Man Brian your always right....
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Can you please provide a link to prove this? Because I've heard people say this, but I've never actually seen anything from Scott saying this. Until proven otherwise, I feel like this is just fans putting their words into Scott's mouth about potential 3 packs in the future. I fully acknowledge I could be wrong, however.
    Go through the WTFWTK archive, it's in there.

Granita would be cool, but she's like the bacon on a burger. I'm satisfied with the burger I'm getting served, and while I'd like some bacon on it, I'll still enjoy it. And hopefully we'll get our bacon later on. My fear is that if she shows up in the Filmation sub, she won't have the parts to transform. Not as if I am ever going to display them as rocks.

Bigger photo can be found here: http://news.mattycollector.com/wp-co...3/04/Y3215.jpg

These look awesome! They are about as perfect as could be.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I honestly wasn't expecting her with this set, but I'd buy a Granita figure in a hot minute. I have to assume she's somewhere on the mysterious roadmap. Incidentally, she also appeared prominently in the first story arc from the daily newspaper comic strip:

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Seriously, This is just mean-spirited. It is also incorrect.

Even members of the 4H talked about how cool it would be to make Granita and how they hoped to get to sculpt her.

So are they "ridiculous" too?!

No one is telling you that you need to like or want Granita, but MANY people do and have wanted a figure of her for 28+ years or so.

Motuc is the place for that figure. This exclusive is awesome, and it could have been even more so had she been included.

I never expected her to come with the set for a number of reasons... Hence my never hinting that she would... But I still want her.

I don't expect her this year though

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone
    Man Brian you are always right
    I'm a good listener . LoL
    Last edited by bcrduke; April 30, 2013 at 08:13pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app