Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Rokkon and Stonedar are the 2013 SDCC MOTUC Exclusives

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I don't get the Granita backlash. She was never a vintage figure and TG said no more 3 packs....so why would anyone expect this to be different. I'm glad it's only a two pack as I have no desire to have Granita anyway. If they make her later on, awesome. However it doesn't make this set any less awesome. If people want to not buy it out of protest though I'll support them as it means I'll have that much more of a chance to snag one with Early Access

I surely hope that with the pre-access for them, that the fans will be able to get them, unlike the Strobo figure.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I don't get the Granita backlash. She was never a vintage figure and TG said no more 3 packs....so why would anyone expect this to be different. I'm glad it's only a two pack as I have no desire to have Granita anyway. If they make her later on, awesome. However it doesn't make this set any less awesome. If people want to not buy it out of protest though I'll support them as it means I'll have that much more of a chance to snag one with Early Access
    I do. Some Filmation fans naturally see her as one of the Comet Warriors, a trio. Whenever such a character is excluded, they are reminded of the toyline where there was no Granita and Rokkon and Stonedar were a duo.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Saying Granita Should have been released with Stonedar and Rokkon is comparable to saying Hawke should have been released with Stratos.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Saying Granita Should have been released with Stonedar and Rokkon is comparable to saying Hawke should have been released with Stratos.
    I agree. Definitely.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel you no this, save the highlighted part.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I do. Some Filmation fans naturally see her as one of the Comet Warriors, a trio. Whenever such a character is excluded, they are reminded of the toyline where there was no Granita and Rokkon and Stonedar were a duo.
    I don't. I'm a huge Filmation fan. I never expected the Comet Warriors to be a 3 pack. It's always been Stonedar & Rokkon. Do we expect every small faction now to be put into a 3 pack? When SMAA came out we didn't get S. Mek. or S. Teela as a 3 pack. My point is....speaking for myself. Granita is on the back burner for a Comet Warrior. She's the 3rd wheel. I like Granita & YES she will probably be made. And she'll be in the Filmation sub. As we already know there is no way Mattel would have made this 3 pack for SDCC solely on price.

Quote Originally Posted by philco_3 View Post
    I surely hope that with the pre-access for them, that the fans will be able to get them, unlike the Strobo figure.
    you have to remember that strobo just had a teaser release. He will still be at two more conventions AND also on matty again.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by motuportugal View Post
    They ruined the figures for me because that exagerated arm pieces... Done with motu! I'm selling all my moc collection
    You have got to be kidding? So since you don't like the Comet Warriors the rest of your collection is ruined? That seems a bit irrational, but maybe that's just me?

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    you have to remember that strobo just had a teaser release. He will still be at two more conventions AND also on matty again.
    People seem to overlook this, it's the gotta have it right now mentality.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    More like King Randor should have been released in a two pack with Queen Marlena. Some fans see three Comet Warriors instead of two.

Vintage toyline canon be damned! For Filmation! LOL!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Having Stratos come with Hawke would have made Stratos more interesting...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    You have got to be kidding? So since you don't like the Comet Warriors the rest of your collection is ruined? That seems a bit irrational, but maybe that's just me?

People seem to overlook this, it's the gotta have it right now mentality.
    people are being irrational and using hyperbole on the internet?!?!?!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I agree. Definitely.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel you no this, save the highlighted part.
    Yeah, I guess that came out wrong honestly....lol. I have no desire for her with this pack. If she ends up in the sub I'll keep her

Yeah, I guess that came out wrong honestly....lol. I have no desire for her with this pack. If she ends up in the sub I'll keep her
    I'm confused. You wouldn't want her in a 3-pack, but you would keep her if she was a single figure. What's the difference? Either way you'd get her and keep her. So why would it be a problem if she came with Rokkon and Stonedar?

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I'm confused. You wouldn't want her in a 3-pack, but you would keep her if she was a single figure. What's the difference? Either way you'd get her and keep her. So why would it be a problem if she came with Rokkon and Stonedar?
    Because a three pack would be $90 for starters....which is a lot on an out of sub pack. Additionally she's not a must have or high on my list. If she's in the sub, I'll keep her....if not, whatever...no loss. I wouldn't go out of my way to get her. Rokkon and Stondar on the other hands are must haves. Vintage awesomeness. Don't really get what's confusing about that!

Actually no, it's not saying that at all. Rokkon and Stonedar didn't have to be sold together at all. They could have been single figures like Stratos, Octavia, or Ram Man (who shares a $30 price tag). Instead, Mattel chose to sell them together because they are both Comet Warriors. But, Granita is a Comet Warrior too (despite not having a vintage toy). So it's natural to suggest her inclusion. If characters from a similar faction are being grouped together by Mattel, why not?

I can understand if cost is the issue. But, not because she doesn't belong.

Actually no, it's not saying that at all. Rokkon and Stonedar didn't have to be sold together at all. They could have been single figures like Stratos, Octavia, or Ram Man (who shares a $30 price tag). Instead, Mattel chose to sell them together because they are both Comet Warriors. But, Granita is a Comet Warrior too (despite not having a vintage toy). So it's natural to suggest her inclusion. If characters from a similar faction are being grouped together by Mattel, why not?

I can understand if cost is the issue. But, not because she doesn't belong.
    It's a vintage two pack....she don't belong. She's a Filmation character.

Because a three pack would be $90 for starters....which is a lot on an out of sub pack. Additionally she's not a must have or high on my list. If she's in the sub, I'll keep her....if not, whatever...no loss. I wouldn't go out of my way to get her. Rokkon and Stondar on the other hands are must haves. Vintage awesomeness. Don't really get what's confusing about that!
    Price of a 3-pack I can understand. That's why I'm hoping she will fill that last Filmation Slot in the 2013 sub. If she is revealed at SDCC during the exclusive sales of the 2-pack, I imagine it would probably boost more sales.

Price of a 3-pack I can understand. That's why I'm hoping she will fill that last Filmation Slot in the 2013 sub. If she is revealed at SDCC during the exclusive sales of the 2-pack, I imagine it would probably boost more sales.
    This I agree with!

It's a vintage two pack....she don't belong. She's a Filmation character.
    No, it's a Comet Warrior 2-pack. She does belong as a comet warrior.

EDIT: actually, we're both right. The official description of the 2-pack labels it as both vintage and the comet warriors. So, it could have gone either way: belong or not belong.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; May 2, 2013 at 11:50pm. Reason: Clarification

Comet Warriors assembled wrong in packaging.

ATTENTION TOYGURU

I have looked at the images closely of the Comet Warriors, and I think they have been assembled wrong in the packaging and in your promo pictures. Specifically, the rock armor pieces appear to be on the opposite limbs, backwards, or upside down in the packs, while not positioned correctly and on reversed limbs on the promo shots.

I could be wrong, but I think it would be in everyone's best interest if you opened one of the samples you might have and double check to make sure everything is assembled the way it was intended. It could resolve a lot of concerns regarding the size and placement of the rock armor pieces, the articulation questions, and the clips.

If I'm right, could you please post new images of the properly assembled figures? I'm sure collectors would like to see them. Thank you.

Heroic Warrior
    I get why ppl would've like to seen Granita as part of the pack, personally, I'd buy the pack either way. Mattel has their reasons as to why they didn't include her in the pack...terms and phrases like price, budgeting, tooling etc, get tossed around so much who really knows for sure. I for one sure don't know why, but it doesn't really matter to me if we get her now or later and I'm in the camp that believes she will be made unless 2014 sub fails. That said, maybe that's why some ppl felt they should've squeezed her in now. And as to the whole vintage vs filmation well, i dont care for all that, im about everything, although i must say, i could've done without some of the vintage stuff (snout spout, BA he-man, Ba skeletor) to name a few, lol i guess that's my only grip about vintage based figures, no matter how dumb it looked, if it was a vintage toy it should be made. If snout spout didnt have any issues with his trunk, he would fallen into an abyss and forgotten about, no one is bad mouthing him or giving him love, hes just there, which is worse. Atleast TMS has a thread with 1000 post in his honor. Anywho, love the SDCC choice over last yrs.
    My tribute to MOTUC video using still photos of MOTUC figures with filmation music : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ibute-to-MOTUC

If they are wrong... does it matter?

The armor is removable, so just swap it to the right way.

If you are a MOC collector, we can assume the box is resealable like other 2-packs, so no worries there either. Jsut open, swap, and close back up.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I never really thought the Rock Men/Comet Warriors/Whatever we're calling them now, would come in a multi-pack. I figured they would get individual releases like they did in the 80's. The only reason The Star Sisters were in a three pack, is because that's how they were going to be released in the original PoP line. I think Mattel chose to put the two of them together to speed things along a bit. I hope we do get Granita. On the positive side of looking at things, at least the 4H/Mattel can take any constructive criticisms about the Rock Men and see if they can put that to use when they make Granita.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    I guess I didn't expect her to coke with the Stonedar and Rokkon, but it would have been really cool if she had. And I can see Matty's point about it costing too much. I'm as excited as anyone for the two pack, but I wouldn't have minded paying more for the three pack.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow. So they actually have QC issues with an expensive SDCC EXCLUSIVE !?!?

I sure hope that if there's a problem, they'll fix it. Otherwise, that will mean no Rokkon and Stonedar for me !