Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Rokkon and Stonedar are the 2013 SDCC MOTUC Exclusives

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    I'm so happy with the Rock People in the line. But... Is there a regular release version of the two-pack or are they just selling on Matty what's left over from SDCC? It would be dumb to sell these demanded core characters only as con exclusives.

I don't think they're on wrong...I see what you're saying but it may just be the angle. Lining up the angles of the edges of the out of package figures and the in-package figures, Rokkon's may be...but Stonedar's look fine.

I'm happy to see this two pack and I don't agree with those who complain to not have a 3-pack with Granita. Maybe I don't understand that because I'm a loose collector and get her now or later is indifferent for me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    I'm so happy with the Rock People in the line. But... Is there a regular release version of the two-pack or are they just selling on Matty what's left over from SDCC? It would be dumb to sell these demanded core characters only as con exclusives.
    No difference between SDCC and matty version. I hope they have considered the higher fan demand and everybody will be satisfied with own rock warriors two pack

I, for one, am happy that Rokkon and Stonedar are a 2-pack and not a three pack.
    Having it as a three-pack may have killed the sales of these two and there would be the "Matty never learns from three-packs" outrage.

I want Granita as much as the next fan but I think it was smart to leave her out of this set.

That being said, I want her this year!!!

Really? Even if they were on wrong don't these pieces come off???? You can put them on the correct arm or leg yourself after opening the box.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Looks fine to me. And both of them look fine in Box.
    And once outside the Box the Rockpieces can be swapped around. So no big deal here. No reason to dramatize again

Nothing would matter anyway. They're already manufactured, packaged, and awaiting sale. Every single limb could be assembled wrong and every paint app could be horrendous, but they'll be sold as-is for $60.

For what it's worth, I think they look amazing and can't wait to get them.

No Granita, No Gracias?

I had no idea Granita was so popular. Everytime I see threads around the net about the Rock people, there's at least 10 'Where's Granita' posts!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I had no idea Granita was so popular. Everytime I see threads around the net about the Rock people, there's at least 10 'Where's Granita' posts!
    That would be me
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I'm pleased she's so popular. And it's because she's awesome - lots of people want her.

But I don't think we'll see her in the foreseeable future.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Why isn't Freddy Mercury on this list.. wait not the rock people you were talking about.
    they put Kirk Hammet on the list he isn't that... wait

It's cool they are making them and giving them their action feature but meh for me. I like the coloring on them that's about it. I may not mind them if they didn't have the action feature which to me makes them a bit too bulky and off putting. I would have preferred (even the originals) to just look more like rock people, not people who transform into rocks with a gun in their chest.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Price of a 3-pack I can understand. That's why I'm hoping she will fill that last Filmation Slot in the 2013 sub. If she is revealed at SDCC during the exclusive sales of the 2-pack, I imagine it would probably boost more sales.
    Just for the record, I would TOTALLY buy Stonedar and Rokkon if they revealed Granita for the Filmation sub!!!!!

Otherwise, I just don't need 'em.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I'm pleased she's so popular. And it's because she's awesome - lots of people want her.

But I don't think we'll see her in the foreseeable future.
    I also have a bad feeling about a Granita release... Toyguru's comments on the last Q&A, Granita's absence in the Comet Warriors' bios... It seems like Mattel isn't so interested in the character...

In comparison, characters like Spector or Sir Laser Lot have been heavily pushed for in the MOTU mythos lately... And the much less popular Nepthu is rumored to be released in the Filmation sub.
    Not that I dislike expanding the mythos, but I wished that some characters were given the recognition they deserve.

Granita appeared in the POP series and in the UK comics. She was also meant to be released in the vintage line back in the 80s. She might also have been the inspiration for the Rock lady from the mini comic... She's regularly mentioned in the polls about most wanted Filmation characters.
    She's no less part of MOTU than many obscure (concept) characters who already had a figure in the classics line.
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If the bands prove to be really popular, is there a way to do the bands later on in some sort of flexible material, in say an accessory pack or added with another figure so they can be slipped over the leg?
    Some sort of flexible, material, you say? Hmmm...

Heroic Warrior
    From JVS3:
    If the bands prove to be really popular, is there a way to do the bands later on in some sort of flexible material, in say an accessory pack or added with another figure so they can be slipped over the leg?

I really hope that we will get to that point!

Stonedar looks much better on the cardback IMO!

The more I look at this set the more jazzed I am for them! I loved the comet warriors as a kid! I absolutely LOVED Rokkon's color scheme…and they seem to have really done the rusty orange color well here on this update. I can't wait to see some higher res pics of this duo!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

really cant wait for these!

definitely favourites from childhood days, and theyre going to look amazing on display in rock form!

although im kind of thinking (just a thought) that these should have been in the subscription and the FFM as the SDCC exclusives ... even with the exta tooling costs required, it would have made a whole lot more sense ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Wow, 22 pages... a long read I think these figure look great, but it makes no sence that those leg bands/details on both figures are missing. I think they are crucial to the design of the figures and it looks off without them. I understand it was a money issue, but still seems weird the small details would eat up so much of the budget. Guess part-sharing is more important then a good design.
    Justice, Truth, Honor and Loyalty!

Visit my website for handmade Scenery, Statues & More! CUSTOMSCENERY.NL

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Its amazing that a 30$ figure with most reused parts canīt include 2 leg bands for Stonedar. I hope we can get it in a Weapons Pack, because they are already sculpted...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    It is very evident that Mattel Design and or the vendor re-engineered the strap situation. They were clearly meant to clip the biceps and the quads. I think Mattel sometimes doesn't understand the customer base, the character, or both when they try to remind folks that the name of the game in this line is buck reuse based on the vintage line. The reasoning is very flawed.

Ram Man is/was not buck reuse.
    The Rock Warriors are not buck reuse (even the satellite lasers)
    Several of the Snake Men are not buck reuse.
    Many of the Horde if not all are not buck reuse.
    Sorceress was not buck reuse.

By that logic, all the PoP girls should have identical faces (shudder).

Look at the clasps used to clip the rocks to the Rock Warriors. they couldn't afford to tool the 4H ones, but they could afford to tool different ones? It makes no sense. It was a Design fail plain and simple. The Four Horsemen went out of their way to make it right, and Mattel didn't properly translate it. The 4H ones looked like clips, too. Once the rock pieces come off, you'd lose the bands anyway, so I don't know how fans would have felt if the prototypes remained unchanged. The outcome appears the same. I wish Mattel didn't sabotage the 4H good-faith effort.

That said, it's thankfull an easy fix. Yes they used Trap Jaw legs and arms, but to play devil's advocate, it's admittedly one of the few times it actually works. They are nicer than the boots they originally had (though personally I would have tooled them new so they could be re-used on Squeeeze). That was a Horsemen decision based on allowed budget. I am OK with this one particular choice. I get folks not OK with this choice. Like the Horde armbands, they can be molded later, thankfully.

Pack the bands in with Granita, the 2015 $30 MOTUC figure ;-)
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; May 4, 2013 at 12:31pm.

Heroic Warrior Fearless Arriflex's Avatar
    I just realized, that some of my strongest MOTU canon beliefs is "German MOTU canon only".

In Germany's audioplays and comics Stonedar was Rokkon's father!

Maybe it's just the nostalgic me, but I'm somehow sad, that Mattel didn't include this part for their catch-all canon.
    How would all of you non-Germans feel, if Stonedar was Rokkon's father?
    MOTUC Most Wanted:
    Sagitar - Tuskador - Saurod - Mermista - The Crimson Fury - Entrapta - Kittrina - Artilla - Sssqueeze - Garth - Vultak - Dylamug - Lodar - Ninjor - Admiral Scurvy

I'd be cool with that-they were announced on my dad's birthday!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post

By that logic, all the PoP girls should have identical faces (shudder).
    I think that was the plan at one time...lol
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by ThunDerian View Post
    Wow, 22 pages... a long read
    Yes but only 11 are about Rokkon and Stonedar , the other are about Granita