Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Rokkon and Stonedar are the 2013 SDCC MOTUC Exclusives

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I like this pic someone made:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Actually quite a few are unhappy with those desing choises they made me included. I really love these characters and their vintage counterparts, but these really look sad!

I admit the rockform looks good, but other than that they look ridiculous if you want to showcase them in a human form unless you take the rock parts off. Plus Stonedar's face looks atleast in the pictures a miss by 4H which is RARE.
    I disagree on the last one. I like the new version of the Stonedar face sculpt.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    I disagree on the last one. I like the new version of the Stonedar face sculpt.
    I agree with tuukka. the facesculpt is just different from the vintage one....and the vintage one was maybe the one with more depth and more expressive.

Yeah, I agree the vintage one was more expressive. He looked like a sad old man.

I'm always impressed to see what people will complain about. I mean we are talking about toys of men from outer space that can transform into meteors. I truly fail to see what anyone could have to complain about. Can we not just enjoy how awesome that is without picking it apart?

I understand that not everyone is always going to be 100% satisfied but I think a little perspective helps from time to time.
    Kittens are delicious!

Im warmming more to them. They look really cool from the back with the stone clips on...
    I'll be posing them filmation style. But would have preferred toy version if the stone forms weren't so disproportionate.
    Ah well filmation will work...i just loved them as a vintage toy though.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Im warmming more to them. They look really cool from the back with the stone clips on...
    I'll be posing them filmation style. But would have preferred toy version if the stone forms weren't so disproportionate.
    Ah well filmation will work...i just loved them as a vintage toy though.
    I feel this way too. Butt flap is still hilarious, though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I'll most likely pose them with only one of the arm pieces - like it was a big shield.
    It looked great in Scott's video.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    I was hoping pixel dan or any other reviewers who have rokkon and stonedar, would swap their heads and rock armor and post pics.

Picked these up at SDCC today, they were really easy to get for a Mattel exclusive. I didn't think they would still have these on Sunday but there was barely any line and they were still up for sale.

Hope it's easy for you guys too on the online rat race!

Alright. I apologize if this has already been asked before. I just wanted to make sure I got this right. Rokkon and Stonedar are going to be 60 dollars over at Matty on August 5 right? And not 50 dollars being that there two figures? I ask in part cause if they happened to be 50 bucks to which I have a funny feeling there not, they be a little more affordable for me to handle. Have anyone seen the ridiculous prices over at E bay? Those prices are just insane.

LONG LIVE MOTU/MOTUC'S

Is it known when they will be on mattycolletor?

EDIT: the 5th of August, it was on the Opening post.. Doh >_<

Quote Originally Posted by ralgonzo26 View Post
    Alright. I apologize if this has already been asked before. I just wanted to make sure I got this right. Rokkon and Stonedar are going to be 60 dollars over at Matty on August 5 right? And not 50 dollars being that there two figures? I ask in part cause if they happened to be 50 bucks to which I have a funny feeling there not, they be a little more affordable for me to handle. Have anyone seen the ridiculous prices over at E bay? Those prices are just insane.

LONG LIVE MOTU/MOTUC'S

They are $60 on mattycollector because of the rock pieces. They are a two pack of deluxe figures.

Don't worry. If these sell out online, there will be plenty at Big Lots for $15.

Quote Originally Posted by Subscribe or Die View Post
    Don't worry. If these sell out online, there will be plenty at Big Lots for $15.
    BAM!

"You just got wrecked!"

The Rock Warriors are so cool in hand! We need Granita to finish the group!!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Does anyone know if these are Early Access or not? This page seems to suggest they are not: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ales_schedules

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    Does anyone know if these are Early Access or not? This page seems to suggest they are not: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ales_schedules
    Are they part of: 8/5 at 9am PT: San Diego Comic-Con “Most Wanted” Sale?

Will there be an early access for this? I was pretty sure when they were flogging the sub last year, they aid it WOULD included SDCC items.

Yes, one of the reasons I subbed was that it was said the SDCC exclusive would be available for Early Access...

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    We need Granita to finish the group!!
    Um... no, the group won't be finished until we get all six Comet People and their Meteorb "pets". I need Facet, Quartzina ("Pebblass") and Bouldar ("Bould-Or") as much as Granita. And I think the most sensible release strategy would be:

-2-pack of Filmation Comet People (female adult Granita + female teen Facet)
    -2-pack of minicomics Comet People (female adult Quartzina + male teen Bouldar)

-5-pack of vintage Heroic Meteorbs (Tuskor + Cometroid + Astrolion + Comet Cat + Ty-Grrr)
    -5-pack of vintage Evil Meteorbs (Orbear + Rhinorb + Crocobite + Dinosorb + Gore-illa)
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Just got my Rokkon and Stonedar 2-pack straight from SDCC and I have to say... this is one of my new favorite sets from MOTUC! They look awesome!
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

I am surprised there aren't more in hand pics...did they not sell well at SDCC???
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    Are they part of: 8/5 at 9am PT: San Diego Comic-Con “Most Wanted” Sale?

Will there be an early access for this? I was pretty sure when they were flogging the sub last year, they aid it WOULD included SDCC items.
    Yeah, I'd like to know either way just so I know when to be online.

Honestly, I really hope they are NOT part of early access. I want to get the rock warriors and the mini masters (and possibly Shazam... I'm not settled on that yet). EA really sucks for adding multiple different items to your cart. It doesn't have a nice page like the regular combined sales page to just put a quantity into the box of each item that you want and add them to your cart all at once. Instead each item has a separate "add to cart" button that automatically takes you to your cart when you click on it, which means you have to navigate back to the EA page to add a different item.

It's a ton of extra stupid hassle and increases the risk of something selling out before you complete your order. Honestly given my experience with it, EA is more of a hassle than anything. For items like Strobo and Spirit of Hordak, it has done nothing to really prevent or significantly slow down lightening-fast sell outs. It just creates more of a hassle than anything.

October is going to suck because the weapons pack and Horde Troopers come out (and I plan to order extra Troopers beyond what I am getting in my sub). The weapons pack will be part of EA because it is a non-sub item. The Troopers will not be part of EA because they are a sub item. So my choices are to either make it a point to be online right when both respective sales begin on two separate days and pay two separate shipping charges, or hedge my bets and hope the weapons pack doesn't sell out and order it with the Troopers... but I will be screwed if it does sell out.

And while the last weapons pack is still available and didn't sell out, I have a feeling that they are probably producing fewer of this next one, and with the inclusion of Kowl, it could potentially sell out before the regular sale. I'm certainly not going to risk it, but it sucks either way.

I don't mean any disrespect, but it seems that anytime they try to "improve" things by giving us some new feature/option, it just creates more problems and complication than anything.

And now with the SDCC items, we are all sitting not knowing for sure when to even be online since it isn't clear if these items will be available through early access as we were told they would be.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

The 5th being during a long weekend works for me...can be ready to buy on Monday!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Just got these yesterday in the mail; I didn't have a chance to try the rock transformation yet, but I may be tempted to pick up another set down the line when prices calm down a bit if they look good (or at least pose one of the ones I have coming out of rock form). They really are great figures in hand, and the rock attachments for the arms and legs, while sizable, don't seem too big when you have them standing there. You can actually have them holding the guns in their hands while the armor is in place, although the gun looks good plugged into the hole on the chest piece, as well. All the little details made it into the finished product just fine, and, with the rock pieces clipped on, they are both pretty intimidating when you face them off against the bad guys. I wish they weren't an exclusive for the sake of making a second set easier to procure, but I'm glad we got them however they were released.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman