Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Rokkon and Stonedar are the 2013 SDCC MOTUC Exclusives

I got the Rock Warriors too and love them. I really like that they look so futuristic. They fit in perfectly with the NA figures released so far. At the moment they are the honor guard for my NA He-Man. Sci-Fi fans are slowly getting a nice MOTUC space figures subline. :-) The little Masters are cute too.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

I just got a pair of them in the mail (one more on the way still.) These are easily the nicest 1/12 scale figures I've ever owned. Hands down!

I got in the mini-masters, and I think they are very cool. I hope they were popular enough to get some more produced.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

2013-08-12 21.06.29.jpg
    Amazing figures they look so much better in person than on the images. And they are huge!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Actually broke down and got a second set when BBTS put them up for pre-order. I'll have one set out of their shell and ready for battle, and another set with them coming out of rock form. They're cool enough both ways to justify the cost of two sets, as far as I'm concerned.

And I agree with the sentiments posted above; they do look even cooler in hand than in any of the photos.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

If you flip the left and right arm pieces, you can get a much closer to vintage look.

The space between the edge of the rocks and the hands on Rokkon is less than a 1/2 a fist, and the space between Stonedars hand and the edge of the rock is just a little less than a fist. As opposed to how they are supposed to be with 3 fists of space between the hands and the edge of the rock.

The arm parts also roll around the back of the figure, making the rock parts look more organic. Between this (amazing to me! I hated the rock men because of how worse they looked than the prototypes) and the news that you can just raise the armor on the Horde Troopers to make them look awesome (instead of modding the neck or head) has put me in a great mood for the rest of the year and next year!
    Last edited by darkmoon766; August 17, 2013 at 12:41am.

Heroic Warrior
    Say what now about the Horde Troopers? Where did you hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Say what now about the Horde Troopers? Where did you hear that?

Some one got a hold of an early final piece and posted pics in the Horde Trooper thread. It is awesomeness.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got my DOS Stonedar and Rokkon a couple of days. A nice addition to my vintage collection.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    THe MOTU kitchen is back!!!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

I'm very happy with the ways these guys turned out. I just wish they could have come with circular "rock shields" that could connect to their arm. I know some people like posing them with one part of the rock armor on as a shield, but I think it would have looked cooler to have a circular sheild.

http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/08/...okkon-and.html

These guys are pretty cool and I just got around to reviewing them. Other than including the straps or releasing completely original molds, I'm not sure these guys could have come out better!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    I was finally able to meet up with my sub buddy last night and received my monthly MOTUC fix. Rock/Comet Warriors, Shokoti, and Castaspella are finally mine(along with a Star Wars Black Series Sandtrooper that apparently he can find all the time but I've never seen on a shelf)! I gotta say, I really like Stonedar and Rokkon. The rock pieces don't fit together as well as I'd like, but oh well. Rokkon is especially bad. Hoever, their overall size, in both rock form and humanoid form gives them another star in my book. Ditto with the removable rock pieces. That was something they didn't have to do, but they did anyway. Very cool. It's pieces like these and other "new tool" figures that remind me why I'm a Masters fan in the first place. I know we gripe about parts sharing here and there, but if you take a good look at the figures we've gotten over the years, they're quite diverse, and that's definitely part of the fun factor for these two figures. I would definitely take Granita and any other Rock people they decide to throw at us.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    A Granita figure with these two great guys would be so cool!!!!!!!!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    MOTUC Kitchen part 3!!!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess