Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Rokkon and Stonedar are the 2013 SDCC MOTUC Exclusives

Heroic Warrior
    cool looking, its intresting that the leg balls are showing (er-hem) i gess its so theres no restrictions when folding them up

I love this two-pack! I'll be picking up at least two of the these sets. I always wanted to make some evil rock-people like the villains from Rock Lords.
    At this time, I'm not taking commissions or selling any of my customs. Sorry everyone, I'm just a tease.

nice. i have been waiting for them since the line starts. they are my favorites in the classic toy line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon14 View Post
    Pass! I'm so sick of the reuse of Trap Jaw's lower legs!!! I guess they don't have any other choices of the parts that are available, but how hard can it be to even use something from Mattel's DC line?
    Who cares if they reused Trap-Jaw parts? They look FANTASTIC! They couldn't possibly look any better--gj Mattel, TG and Four Horsemen

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    At least it's just the Trap Jaw boots and not the whole legs, though. I think the boots work well here.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    At least it's just the Trap Jaw boots and not the whole legs, though. I think the boots work well here.
    yes they get the job done, no doubt and doesnt make me not want the figures, but man would I love for some new shins lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    ROKKON
    YOUNG HEROIC BATTLING BOULDER

Rocked from his stationary orbit patrol by a light storm from Horde World, Rokkon was part of a brigade of Comet Warriors thrown across the universe. Arriving on Eternia along with his leader Stonedar, Rokkon quickly allied with the Masters of the Universe eager to defeat those who strove to enslave his people. Along with others of his race, Rokkon can transfrom into a mighty meteorite to roll into battle and surose attacjers. His rocky body can deflect laser blasts as he bursts forth to aid heroic warriors in the heart of battle!

STONEDAR
    HEROIC LEADER OF THE COMET WARRIORS

From the heart of the Horde Empire, Annillis Kur unleashed a powerful light storm which drove the Comet Warriors from their orbit and hurled them through space. Blasting through several untamed star bands, several Comet Warriors, including Stonedar, their heroic leader, arrived on the magical planet of Eternia. Part of a peaceful clan that shies away from conflict of any kind, Stonedar quickly realized some evil needed to e fought and allied himself and his warriors with He-Man and the Masters of the Univese. Stonedar can use his blazing armor to temporarily blind attackers in battle. When the Rock People are in danger, he transforms into his boulder form to drive back the enemy!
    The names seem really blah in comparison to the other names Scott used for real names.

I Never liked them as a kid, but these are awesome! Cannot wait until August!

Snappy Threader
    So far I'm not pumped about this news. They aren't my favorite, but time (and more pics) will tell.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Keith Smith and Ralph Jenkins? BUH???

EDIT: Ok, waitaminute...those names aren't on the bio on the box. What are you tryin to pull here?!
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; April 29, 2013 at 04:57pm.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Here are the bios!

Stonedar - Heroic Leader of the Comet Warriors

From the heart of the Horde Empire, Anillus Kur unleashed a powerful light storm which drove the Comet Warriors from their orbit and hurled them through space. Blasting through several untamed star bands, several Comet Warriors, including Stonedar, their heroic leader, arrived on the magical planet of Eternia. Part of a peaceful clan that shies away from conflict of any kind, Stonedar quickly realized some evil needed to be fought and allied himself and his warriors with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. Stonedar can use his blazing armor to temporarily blind attackers in battle. When the Rock People are in danger, he transforms into his boulder form to drive back the enemy!
    Rokkon - Young Heroic Battling Boulder

Rocked from his stationary orbit patrol by a light storm from Horde World, Rokkon was part of a brigade of Comet Warriors thrown across the universe. Arriving on Eternia along with his leader, Stonedar, Rokkon quickly allied with the Masters of the Universe, eager to defeat those who strove to enslave his people. Along with others of his race, Rokkon can transform into a mighty meterorite to roll into battle and surprise attackers. His rocky body can deflect laser blasts as he bursts forth to aid the heroic warriors in the heart of battle!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 29, 2013 at 05:03pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Nice!!! I am so excited to get these two because they were absolute favorites as a kid. And the way Matty did them with the ability to transform into rocks, but still have lots of articulation.

This is a home-run in my mind for a SDCC exclusive. Essential characters to the big fan, but not super essential to the casual fan. Extra SDCC tooling goes into something that otherwise might be difficult to do for a regular monthly figure. And we get both at the same time so there's not suspense that we might never see the second one.

They look darn near perfect! Awesome! I am also in the camp of people who are getting tired of the Trap Jaw boots but I'll live!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

What's up with the earth names ? Maybe some mattel employee names?

I don't particularly want them, but they look cool and I'm glad that the people that do want them have the chance to get them

These figures look great. I really like how they are done. I need to somehow get 2 of them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I wish that the text was larger on the packaging so that we could read their bios.

I hope that Granita is not far behind now.
    I hope this means that Granita will be in the Filmation sub!
    Say cheese!!!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    AWESOME!!! This exclusive rocks!

My only gripe is the Trap Jaw parts reuse. Would have been nice to get original sculpts on some of those pieces. Still, I REALLY like how they turned out regardless. Very cool stuff!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Where the flip is Granita?

Honestly, I don't want or need this set without her. If she's not revealed at SDCC I won't be buying these guys.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome! Just wish they were part of the Sub tho... really fearing another quick sell out like Strobo.

By the Ancients! They look awesome!

Bios look cool and befitting but the real names, ugh!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    My feeling too. I was really hoping for something better. I know I am in the minority here but I would have really like Modulok or the Horde Troopers. I mean seriously,we get this?
    They are vintage characters...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Those posted "real names" are fake dudes and dudettes. The packaging says Rokkon and Stonedar only.

My two favorite characters, yay! Can't wait to add them to my collection.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Two of my favourites, I've soured a bit on collecting this line (haven't soured on the property) but seeing these guys has sweetened me up a bit. Still not as happy as I was (esp with Shipping issues and prices) but I'm excited about these guys!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

MY wish came true with these guys! The armor comes off!!!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52