Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Rokkon and Stonedar are the 2013 SDCC MOTUC Exclusives

I think they look very cool!

The Rock Warriors are awful imo. Unless it was a childhood favourite I just can't imagine anyone liking these...I'm always baffled as to how many people seem to like them. Cool new characters get bashed on but lame characters like the rock warriors get a pass b/c they're vintage.
    But, congrats to those who wanted them. I hope you get Granita as well at some point, it would be a bit strange to only get the two.

Heroic Warrior
    I just think they look good. Am I the only one who doesn't overanalyze each figure and think things like "wow, those boots look familiar"?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Don't know if anyone else has spotted this but can you see each figure has to come with a large rock piece to get it to transform in a rock? The snap on armor and bits of the figure only turn it into a half rock and you add a giant piece to get the full rock shape? You can see the huge rock piece at the corners of the window box or if you see which are the arms and legs when in rock form.

Slightly disappointed that the figures can't turn into the rock themselves without adding that large piece? Thoughts?
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Your not alone. My first thought was , "cool!"

Regarding the Trap-Jaw boots: With a little work they can be removed (pushing out the peg on the thighs), but I'm wondering what existing parts can be used for a look that's closer to the original figures. Any ideas? Knees would obviously have to be used from another figure.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by dagodfather View Post
    Your not alone. My first thought was , "cool!"
    Same here. I am very pleased with them. Can't wait!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Don't know if anyone else has spotted this but can you see each figure has to come with a large rock piece to get it to transform in a rock? The snap on armor and bits of the figure only turn it into a half rock and you add a giant piece to get the full rock shape? You can see the huge rock piece at the corners of the window box or if you see which are the arms and legs when in rock form.

Slightly disappointed that the figures can't turn into the rock themselves without adding that large piece? Thoughts?
    doesnt bother me at all, not really a good way to do it other wise, I think they way they did give us choices on how we want to display them
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Widget
    Great exclusive...they look amazing.

On a side note, Mattel cannot use their DC line parts on MOTU, but DC does allow the 4H to use MOTU parts on DC.

If Granita was included in this three pack, a lot of people would have loved it, but a TON of people would complain about the price. There was such a negative backlash against the Star Sisters and then with TFF, of course Scott wasn't about to make a sdcc set with three figures.

I actually think that it's a possibility that Granita is the sixth Filmation figure based on Scott's previous hints. He said it wasn't a character that has a huge amount of fan support, but will look amazing...so, how perfect would she be standing next to these two guys???

Ad lastly, who cares about the Trap Jaw parts? They are painted differently and they still look good...it just seems like people are looking for a reason to nitpick. All the new parts, snap of pieces, weapons, and actual fold up parts and people are crying over the reuse of legs...whatever.

It's is absolutely a better selection than Vykron, nice going Matty!

I wonder of the back armor comes off. These guys are awesome! Totally pleased with this reveal. I don't get the Trap-Jaw boot complaints. No one complains about the furry boots or Skeletor boots on multiple figures, so why the Trap Jaw fuss? I think the boots work on everything they've been on.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Such a total pass for me - relief!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I wonder of the back armor comes off. These guys are awesome! Totally pleased with this reveal. I don't get the Trap-Jaw boot complaints. No one complains about the furry boots or Skeletor boots on multiple figures, so why the Trap Jaw fuss? I think the boots work on everything they've been on.
    If people couldn't find something to complain about, there would be no Internets...
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Since they've always done something different for the con version, (color change on orko, sdcc tattoo on he-ro, etc), what's the difference for this year?
    For the last couple of exclusives (Marlena/Cringer and Vykron) the only difference was the way the items were displayed in the packaging (and in the case of Marlena, the bio and name card). There was no actual difference in the actual items. So, hopefully there's little to no difference for these guys. Maybe the Matty version will have Stonedar on the left and Rokkon on the right.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Love all the way
    Evil Heroic Norwegian

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost6 View Post
    If Granita was included in a three ee pack, a lot of people would have loved it, but a TON of people would complain about the price.
    Plus, it seems like she has a better chance of coming with more stuff as an individual release.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    If people couldn't find something to complain about, there would be no Internets...
    Ha! Too true! I hope we get female Trap-Jaw boots for Granita that can be used for Hawke!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Has no else noticed that in the photo on the back of the packaging they both have different thighs.
    Stonedar has the red bands and rokkon has extra little bits sculpted on but these are missing on the other photos

Why do the figures have different upper leg piece in the card-back picture than the figures in the package? - there is a band aroud their leg missing somehow

Hero of Fabulous Secrets
    OK... I LIKE them. I Don't LOVE them.

New shins woud have been PERFECT! They could have used 1 new set of shins on BOTH Rock Warriors, and then gotten PLENTY of re-use on New Adventures Characters. Skeletor, Flogg, etc.

Where the HELL is Granita!??! I'm being forced to buy a 3-pack of characters I never wanted in a million years, who had an obscured appearance on some licensed packaging of model kits, and are TONS of reuse... but the 3rd character, of an essential group is MISSING from the SDCC item that gets it's own tooling budget!??! WTH?!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Say that Granita is the July Filmation figure so that we'll get all 3 Rock people!

I think the band is the clip that holds the rock pieces on.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    Has no else noticed that in the photo on the back of the packaging they both have different thighs.
    Stonedar has the red bands and rokkon has extra little bits sculpted on but these are missing on the other photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    Why do the figures have different upper leg piece in the card-back picture than the figures in the package? - there is a band aroud their leg missing somehow
    Could be a cost-cutting issue.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    They look great! I love the way the 'action feature' works. Definitely looking forward to adding these two to my Masters display this summer!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Court Magician
    THese were two of my favorites characters growing up! It wil be nice to have them.

Awesome figures! This has been the best year of MOTUC for me, yet! Plus Castle Grayskull is coming!

Also, Scott didn't murder anyone in the bios or erase anyone's memory! Bonus!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    These look great, but one question, who's Anillus Kur?
    Does Galactus fart?