Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Rokkon and Stonedar are the 2013 SDCC MOTUC Exclusives

Quote Originally Posted by Jon14 View Post
    Pass! I'm so sick of the reuse of Trap Jaw's lower legs!!! I guess they don't have any other choices of the parts that are available, but how hard can it be to even use something from Mattel's DC line?
    Well if everyone is sick of TJ legs, maybe they'll put them on backwards. Pretty cool huh?

I'm glad they're done. I won't lie, the TJ parts are a drag to see again, and I think that's a legitimate lament even if nothing could be done about it. I'm sorry they don't have more tech-ish parts to choose from this far into the line is all.

It's nice that they have those little moon rocks to cover their ass-teroids.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I'm not too miffed about the reuse of parts on these two. We got new upper torsos, new heads, new pelvis, all sorts of rock armor and a new weapon. Seems like an acceptable trade off.

On a side note…it'd have been nice had the "snap on" front piece of the rock form been made such that it could have been a shield when in their humanoid forms, but that's a small complaint. I'm pretty happy with the way they are.
    Last edited by chuc98; April 29, 2013 at 05:52pm.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Maybe the Matty version will have Stonedar on the left and Rokkon on the right.
    My guess would be the alternate packaging would be the warriors in rock form.

Or, I suppose alternately they could have guitars and be backing up Songster on a cardboard stage. But... no I think rock form would be more likely.

Not a surprise, the rumors were flying around about them. I like them more than Vykron that's for sure. I'd like them a whole lot more if the set also included Granita. Mattel dropped the ball again.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Nicely done. Love that they transform and you can swap out armor parts. They go on sale on my birthday too LOL

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    My guess would be the alternate packaging would be the warriors in rock form.
    Yeah, that's my guess too. I'm actually surprised no one else thought of it.

Granted, the MOC collectors would likely be furious to have a box of rocks on their shelf, but it would be funny to see.
    Ach! Hans, run! It's the lhurgoyf!

Sorry to throw out this negative comment, but I'm going to be a little disappointed if the 'thigh clip' thingies don't like the pic on the back of the packaging. The ones in the pics Darkspecter posted look different.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

OH MY AWESOME !!!

i can't wait for these! gonna have to be quick on august 5th!

they're gonna make cool desk display pieces too, in rock form!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

[QUOTE=Berserker79;3250453]Those bands are the clips, both got regular upper legs.

Quite possible, I see the red clips on stonedar but they are at knee level and don't come around the front whereas the bands are on his thighs on the back of the box. Plus Rokkon definitely has extra bits sculpted on his thighs, you can see them on the clearer images on the fwoosh.

On second glance at the pics on the fwoosh I think they are the clips they're just in different position than in the other pics
    Last edited by Raziel443; April 29, 2013 at 06:12pm.

Snappy Threader
    I figure we will see Granita as a POP inclusion in the Filmation sub.

I don't think the bands are the clips, as they aren't in the pictures with the warriors wearing their clip-on armor. It looks like something that got cut or it's not attached on the boxed samples for whatever reason despite being on the photos used for the box art. I kind of hope they aren't cut out, but all that painted clip-on armor had to cost them more than reused parts.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Wow! They look great! I'm happy that were finally getting them in MOTUC.

The lack of Granita is a bit of a let-down.

IMO though this 2 pack should have been in the sub and the FFM 3 pack should have been the exclusive. These 2 vintage characters are much more in demand than 3 obscure "packaging characters." To me this makes no sense.

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW.
    Granted, I kinda figured this was going to be the exclusive thanks to a certain boardmember's predilection for accuracy in the ol' "foreseeing" department... but part of me thought, "Nah, it'll never happen."
    Why?
    BECAUSE I'VE BEEN WAITING FOREVER FOR ROKKON!!!
    At first glance, I have to say I didn't like their execution. The first thought was "Okay wow... those rock parts are HUGE and bulky...", and then second was "Seriously?! Those Trap-Jaw parts again on ROKKON & STONEDAR?!?!?", and then once I realized we were actually getting Rokkon and Stonedar and I saw that they will not only actually fold up into rocks, but that Mattel was also able to very much faithfully replicate their amazing classic toy paint jobs... I have to say, I'm so very excited to see them finally get an update in the line!
    And I only have to wait a few more months to get them? AWESOME!
    I've always loved Rokkon and was always just sort of lukewarm towards Stonedar, but I am loving the MOTUC Stonedar. He's got a great face sculpt, looks very "serious and wise elder" to me, and I love the details of the wires and stuff inside of his rock armor. I'm sure the "oversized" rock pieces will grow on me (I guess I've just been looking at the vintage ones for so long, that I kinda forgot that MOTUC are much bigger figures, and so of course the rocky armor bits are going to be quite large). I'm surprised they made the pieces removable, and my only complaint is that I'd gladly pay more for this set if only they had thrown in two more sets of different colored rock armors and two more heads, so that you can army build if you choose to buy more than one set.
    But that's a small gripe.
    I am totally fine with them just being a Two Pack of Comet Warriors, because I feel very confident that one of the Filmation sub slots is going to go to Granita now, so that in 2013 you can have a full faction

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    I just think they look good. Am I the only one who doesn't overanalyze each figure and think things like "wow, those boots look familiar"?
    No. But there are a lot of us that do. They look great besides the trapjaw shins. They could have used the trapjaw shins on just one of them, the other could have used hero, Decker, snout-spout, or bow shins just as well, and there wouldn't have been so much trapjaw. Their upper bodies are fine, the trapjaw upper parts don't stick out like sore thumbs as the shins do. I hope those bands on the thighs show up. It's too bad the rock pieces are so large, especially if there is another extra piece needed to put them in rock form. Other than that, they do look great considering how hard it was to make them. I just wish there was more variety in the shins. (stonedar at least has snout-spout feet.) I think he shout have had dekker or snout spout or bow shins, and rokkon could have had hero shins and keldlor feet- If you look at the vintage for comparison.

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    Glad to see Rokkon and Stonedar! Two vintage off the list, we're getting close!

Love em. My only gripe is they are regular characters back in the day so they should have been in the sub. I kind of enjoy the con exclusives being never made figures, aka granita!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

WOW! Can't believe it is them was not expecting anything this good. Can't believe they transform too. Great job!
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Should have been a three pack.
    they couldn't make the rock chick. used all the plastic for her making star sisters.

On the one hand I'm very excited Matty is making these two, but on the other I can't help but be somewhat disappointed by the 'shell-form' for the hands and legs. It doesn't seem right that their 'transform' gimmick are pieces that have to be clipped to their arms and legs, and makes me wonder if we're truly seeing the end of the salad days of a better tooling budget. Somewhere along the line these guys got shafted in the making process, and although I'll still buy them I'm not entirely happy with what we're getting here.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Not sure why people were expecting to see Granita released with these guys. Scott made it very clear we wouldn't be seeing any three packs again in the line. I am sure we will see her down the road at some point though.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Is it time now for a new Idol thread? It's finally time for me to vote for someone OTHER than Rokkon!

After looking closer at the two figures on the back of the box, I think those are early prototypes, as the rock pieces on their arms and legs look WAY smaller and more vintage. Another disaster between Horsemen prototype and design team greatness. I wouldn't get any hopes up for the bands, "These are your Rockmen people!"
    Last edited by darkmoon766; April 29, 2013 at 06:32pm.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    They look great! Can't wait to sit nervously at my computer for them to go onsale after SDCC, wondering the whole time if I shouldn't have just paid the extra money that a hundred scalpers on ebay wanted to save myself the anxiety caused by my Strobo-born PTSD.

Someone "leaked" this on Facebook.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."