Thread: Greetings from a younger He-Fan and reformed lurker

Greetings from a younger He-Fan and reformed lurker

Hello everybody!

I'll confess that I've been lurking around this forum for far longer than I thought to start contributing to the community. However, as of late I've been more and more interested in getting involved, and so here I am.

I felt I might as well share my story, since I'm a good deal younger than most users here at 18. I was born after the original line had come and went, so my first exposure to MOTU came from the commemorative figures, which I stumbled upon on a shopping trip a while back. From the very first glimpse I was captivated by these (to me) new figures, and I was eager to learn more about what their deal was. So, naturally, when the 200X series came out a few months or so later, I was hooked from the beginning. From there, I regret to say that my interest waned as the series ended, and for years I never gave a second thought to Eternia.

That changed not too long ago. Believe it or not, I was in the middle of a DND game (I'm active in a table-gaming club on my campus), and I made an off-hand joke about He-Man. It didn't really amount to anything there, but that planted a seed in my head, and it got me interested in looking back on MOTU and revisiting some old memories. That led to me discovering the Classics line, and once again, it was love at first sight. But above merely collecting the figures, the Classics got me interested in discovering the history of the MOTU universe and figuring out just where all these characters and ideas they were revisiting in the new canon came from. That took me to He-Man.org, and suffice to say, I went down the slippery slope. Since then, I've been researching as much of the history of the franchise as I can - and in some ways, I actually prefer some of the older stuff to the 200X I grew up with. I soon developed in interest in pursuing some MOTU-related projects in the future, and I felt that it was only natural for me to finally introduce myself as a member of the community.

I hope that this story can prove that, yes, kids these days DO still know what He-Man is and can still take enjoyment in the franchise (take note, Mattel...), and I hope that I might be able to take part in the community to a greater extent in the future. But above all, I'm here to have fun! Here's to a great experience here on the .org!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    What?! Young people on here?! You whippersnappers! Stay away from our prune juice and our daguerrotypes!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, Captain Lhurgoyf!! We're very glad to have you join our site hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting here when you have an opportunity. Most of them are pretty easy to follow.

That's a wonderful story and I'm glad to hear the 200X cartoon gets a little love. While my heart belongs to POP, that was a close second.

We hope you really enjoy your time here! Welcome!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Welcome! I bought a five pack of Commemorative figures at TRU back in the day (HM, SK, PA, MAA, BM). Totally brought back a ton of memories. I didn't get really back into it until a good 12 years later, but little things like that can nudge you along.

Glad to see some young'ns getting into MOTU.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Welcome to He-Man.org! Glad you found your way to us
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Hello and welcome Captain Lhurgoyf.
    "These are the days of high adventure"