Thread: So what action feature did MOTU miss out on?

So what action feature did MOTU miss out on?

One of the things I lauded MOTU for over other action figure lines was the variety of action features in the figures and vehicles - but they missed the boat on a few in the vintage line. The two I wanted most were remote control vehicles and colour change features on a figure. They gave us a CC orko in classics but we never got that feature in the vintage line. anything you guys wanted to see done?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    We almost got in on the hologram phase with Eldor, but missed out.

Back in my youth, I was kind of hoping for more extensive light-sensing or infrared-sensing (a la BraveStarr) that we got with just the Beam Blaster and Artilleray.

And I'm still surprised we've never gotten a color-change Faker.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    One of the things I lauded MOTU for over other action figure lines was the variety of action features in the figures and vehicles - but they missed the boat on a few in the vintage line. The two I wanted most were remote control vehicles and colour change features on a figure. They gave us a CC orko in classics but we never got that feature in the vintage line. anything you guys wanted to see done?
    Color change would have been awesome. A Chameleon-themed evil warrior with color changing skin would have been great. That was my favorite action feature in the GI Joe line:

By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Don't think we ever got a talking figure. Although in the 80s, I think that was still a difficult thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    ... but they missed the boat on a few in the vintage line.
    I think they missed the boat on... missing... boats?
    We never got a Heroic Jet-Ski (and Battle Ram doesn't count!), no giant deep-sea fangly fish for Mer-Man, no Horde Inner Tube! It would have been a prime opportunity for a manual/battery-operated water gun, perfect for hosing down siblings or ruining Grizzlor.

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Eternia could have transformed into a giant action figure like Metroplex, or be given button-activated sound effects.

There could have been a Strobo figure with a light-up chest!

There were translucent figures in 1982!

Not to mention the holographic effects of Supernaturals. I'm sure Mattel could come up with a great figure with a removable torso (king hiss?) and hologram inside.

WOAH! The toys in those last two pictures are cool! What are they from?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider1227 View Post
    WOAH! The toys in those last two pictures are cool! What are they from?
    The next-to-last image are figures from Crystar: Crystal Warrior, based on a Marvel Comics series. The last image are characters from Supernaturals.

I'm surprised they never had a figure with Stretch Armstrong-style features, if even just the arms.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare