Thread: Moviebob Chipman on Filmation

Moviebob Chipman on Filmation

So anyone else besides me here watch Moviebob's videos on the Escapist Magazine.com or his running since youtube Gameoverthinker episodic vlogs? Well He's a major nostalgia geek much like us here post here naturally, and even though I don't always agree with his movie reviews ( I don't care what he says John Carter (of Mars) was better then just average ) I like it when he clarifies things on his Big Picture series..especially when there was apparently 2 different Ghostbusters in the 80s, when all I remember was the move and it's "Real" animated spin-off. I seriously never knew there was another Ghostbusters toon, from the people who brought me He-Man of all things. I don't think I ever met anyone else who remembered that show in the 90s either, nor was it syndicated on any local broadcast networks where I lived (but then again neither was He-Man to my dismay, so I was stuck begging my Dad to rent the few VHS episode available)

Later on he also did one for Bravestar (which I also missed at the time ) due to I guess the guys at Penny Arcade being involved in something that kind of calls back to it, and it was a good enough excuse to talk about it...I couldn't help but cry a bit when learning that Filmation was bought out and dismantled by, of all things, a friggin' shampoo company...

Last edited by theblock; April 30, 2013 at 07:38pm. Reason: spelling
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail