• Disappointed and Cancelling

14 8.38%
  • Disappointed but not Cancelling

16 9.58%
  • Undecided

27 16.17%
  • Totally Happy and Keeping my orders

63 37.72%
  • Unappy With Some stuff, but generally happy and keeping my orders.

47 28.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeping Or Cancelling Your Pre-Order(s) For Castle Grayskull?

Keeping Or Cancelling Your Pre-Order(s) For Castle Grayskull?

I'm seeing a lot of disappointment in the NYTF talkback thread over Castle Grayskull, so I wanted to create a poll to see how many folks are actually going to cancel their orders in August or September.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    Not this guy, I don't understand all of the negativity. Some people are just never satisfied
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm unhappy about hearing that the monster grate won't be included with CG (as of now) but I am mostly happy with the castle and am keeping my pre-order.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

What no monster grate? If I'm paying 300 bucks I better be getting my monster grate. Don't be cheap Mattel

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by undeadplastic2711 View Post
    What no monster grate?
    Well, that's the last I read in the NYTF thread last night but it may have changed. But so far from what I read, it will not be included.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Yeah I love the Castle and even though the skulpt is about 2 inches shorter than the B sheet i have hope when mattel design tackles it to turn it into a working playset they can fix the hight, so i'm keeping my order.

As for what gets cut like the dungeon grate or anthing else that was my disapointment. I mean really a Grayskull expantion pack? Were already paying $250.00 for this thing how much is mattel planning on squeezing us for this castle?

My thoughts exactly, we are paying a pretty Pennie for this thing and they can't just include everything? I feel like punching Scott in the face right now

I'm generally pleased with the design. It is smaller than I thought, but still a great way to display the figures. I wanted that Monster cell/gate, hopefully it will be released later as a bonus or something.

I hope they add some reflective mirrors or portals or something also.

Snappy Threader
    I am happy and keeping!

Keeping, I love it. Yeah I'm upset about possible cut accessories, but they might throw it in later or they may not. Either way I'm keeping it.

I committed to the CG order and am going to follow through with it, however I am disappointed with the narrow looking facade and size. It's just not what I was expecting.
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I'm unhappy about hearing that the monster grate won't be included with CG (as of now) but I am mostly happy with the castle and am keeping my pre-order.
    Yeah, same here. I also wish the remaining silver weapons from the weapons rack were included to replace the red Man-E-Faces ones. I'm not keen on the brown rooftops, and I wish the trap door was located above the dungeon.

Overall though i'm extremely happy with it. The sculpt is amazing, and I have no problems with the size.

Castle Grayskull is a work of art!! I'll be keeping all of my CG pre-orders.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I'm unhappy with the throne not being designed to sit the Sorceress and the removal of the awesome dungeon grate, BUT I'm keeping my Castle regardless. It looks amazing every time I look at the pics of She-Ra being dwarfed by it. The inside might be a little cramped, but the sculpt is fantastic.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Keeping the 4 I ordered. If money was easier to come by, I would order more to give to all of my nephews.

I'm not cancelling my pre-orders, but I am disappointed when we were told that if Mattel did offer a Castle Grayskull, they would do it 100% right. Right now, it feels like things are only 85% right with the size reduction and missing accessories. Plus that spot for the Wind Raider is kind of pointless.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Unhappy With Some stuff, but generally happy and keeping my orders.

• Cutting the dungeon monsters was a terrible move
    • The trap door doesn't lead to the dungeon?
    • I wish the throne room had more floor around the throne itself.
    • Computer Room looks sparse.
    • Not too crazy about that third level above the computer room.
    • I wish the castle was a little bigger. Granted, I'm not going to ride He-Man on Battlecat through the entrance or anything, but that entrance is a lot on the snug side. Those pictures with Fisto and Clawful's heads almost touching the ceiling really hits this home.

Despite my issues with the interior, Castle Grayskull's exterior looks stellar. I know Mattel can fix some of these issues with future releases. Perhaps release the dungeon monsters, some furniture, or maybe some artifacts from Filmation or MYP.

I hope the inside walls match the outside walls. It will definitely help.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I put undecided but will probably keep the castle. I think I am dealing with sticker shock. After seeing the images from NYTF I don't know that I am getting what I expected for the amount I paid. I am hoping they beef it up a bit and add some details on the interior. I had a hard time justifying the spend and the images have made me question it a little more.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

How do we cancel? If its easy then id say sure im canceling. What bothers me most is that buying this castle assumes ive been collecting everything from the line. Ill be getting weapons with no weapon rack. An orb holder with no orb' etc.also what happened to the playmat? Honestly I think they could have done a better job. Its another rehash on vintage witb lack of inovation. Castle Grayskull never looked like that in filmation. I was hoping for a serious update not another copycat. What happen to all the interior sculpting they were suppose to do? Disappointed in size as well. On a positive note it did look nice. But not 300 dollars nice.

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I'm keeping it MIB, so even if the thing is made outta peanut butter I couldn't care less. As long as the box is clean and sealed I could give a flip about doorway sizes and grates.

I have to say when I saw the pics I was a little let down. I was blown away by the Icon Heros castle and for some reason this did not measure up. I guess it is harder to sculpt something when it is going to be turned into an actual playset, but.....I guess one thing is that I agree that it looks straight vintage and I was hoping for something unique to classics in some way. Also, and this is my fault I think, for some reason I had it in my head that the back half would fold out flat and the entire thing could be placed against the wall. That is not the case and that is a bummer for me cause I really only want an awesome 3D back drop for my figures, I dont plan on playing with all the little stuff inside, though some of it looks neat. I likely will keep the castle order (if in fact it could be canceled) but I really wanted to be blown away and i am not. The door thing is really an error in judgement and hopefully can be fixed. The Horsemen are awesome, but I dont see how making the door smaller so there can be a thick base under it, effectively making the castle stick it's tongue out is something that made it's way into the design at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Unhappy With Some stuff, but generally happy and keeping my orders.

• Cutting the dungeon monsters was a terrible move
    • The trap door doesn't lead to the dungeon?
    • I wish the throne room had more floor around the throne itself.
    • Computer Room looks sparse.
    • Not too crazy about that third level above the computer room.
    • I wish the castle was a little bigger. Granted, I'm not going to ride He-Man on Battlecat through the entrance or anything, but that entrance is a lot on the snug side. Those pictures with Fisto and Clawful's heads almost touching the ceiling really hits this home.

Despite my issues with the interior, Castle Grayskull's exterior looks stellar. I know Mattel can fix some of these issues with future releases. Perhaps release the dungeon monsters, some furniture, or maybe some artifacts from Filmation or MYP.

I hope the inside walls match the outside walls. It will definitely help.
    I'll be keeping my orders but pretty much resonate with MGM's points.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I'm happy (okay, the entrance could have a bit more headroom) and keeping mine.

I really hope we can get that Dungeon piece later on, as well as Point Dread (with the Talon Fighter) and the triangular weapons rack from the old cardboard insert.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm willing to buy somebody's Castle here, as I'm completely gunshy about all the negative things concerning DR's shipping!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

since i believe there is quite alot of work to do detail wise sdcc is going to be finished. and thenany fears i may have had will be proven unfounded.

for a work in progress...perfect. i feel we will get a 3d version of that tiny paper weapons rack from the original for the new weapons.

and no it doesnt bother me to pay more for the grate further down the line. keep expanding. monster grate, point dread? shut up and take my money!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'm happy (okay, the entrance could have a bit more headroom) and keeping mine.

I really hope we can get that Dungeon piece later on, as well as Point Dread (with the Talon Fighter) and the triangular weapons rack from the old cardboard insert.
    was pretty certain that is the small weapons rack ive seen mentioned is comming with it and still in production at time of nytf.