Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • I still love it!!Couldn't be happier.

55 47.01%
  • I'm a bit put off by some issues, but it's still worth the trouble

31 26.50%
  • Feeling kinda meh, but overall the toys keep me in

19 16.24%
  • Getting sick of how things are being handled. I am seriously considering bailing

8 6.84%
  • I'm out. Not worth the trouble/expense/other issues

4 3.42%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So how do you feel about the line?

So how do you feel about the line?

It's been a few years, the honeymoon phase is over, what are your thoughts on MOTUC?
    Strictly the toy line NOT the comic, not the brand itself, just the toy line.

I voted 4. It feels like we are being lied to more, Scott makes some WEIRD decisions, and the cost is too much with international shipping, I LOVE MOTU as a brand and the horsemen generally deliver the goods way past what I expected and hoped, but management and expense have soured me on the toy line and collecting in a BIG way.
    Last edited by krosfyah; May 1, 2013 at 10:48am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Well some things can make you go ARGGGHHHHH but overall, I AM SO LOVING THIS!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Scott has said things that are pure BS, and in very insulting ways, but I don't have to live with Scott, and all I read are just words, I don't know the guy, don't really want to, but that being said, I can avoid his posts should I choose to, therefore his words don't bother me. But the past QC of the line has taken much of the joy away, having to fix your own figures just to get them to stand, has made me wish I never opened them (I had to, for storage reasons, I thought, but turns out, I really didn't have to anyway). Paint issues, such as sloppy paint and the Blastic figures have also taken it's toll for me, but the line has turned a little better as far as QC goes, as far as the Male figures go, I have noticed that the female figures have not....my Netossa has loose lower joints, Frosta did too. As well as ever increasing prices, I only subbed to keep the figures at my cap of $25, anything over that for a month to month thing, and I am out.

All that aside with the improvements in QC, and finally the anticipation of waiting for my last few figures, plus a few of my most wanted that have been revealed for later this year....have me still in the line for the figures, and my love of He-Man, nothing more. But in the long run, there are still figures I want to keep from the sub outside of my personal wants from childhood, so at the moment, the line is still worth it.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

the expense plus those issues make it harder to collect, esp with the shipping rates and customs.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior

My feelings are somewhere between #1 and #2 actually. I do wish some of the lines' issues would be handled (fixes for past bad quality figs and DR), but that can be said for every toyline. I still love MOTUC and it's still worth it. Comparing it to any other action figure line out there, I'd be fooling myself by saying it was anything less than the best.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    So how do you feel about the line?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    that's fantastic!!

Fear is faith in failure

i chose #1..im super happy,,.. ya cant please everyone... and yes the line has the occasional QC issue..but not much more than other IMO...
    Love figures and couldn't be happier with the selection figures. I dont let all the internet BS get to me.. i just dig figures man...

GOOD STUFF
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Overall quite happy. I'm a cherry picker though so I've missed out on some of the more frustrating issues (but have gotten hit by secondary market prices)
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post

My feelings are somewhere between #1 and #2 actually. I do wish some of the lines' issues would be handled (fixes for past bad quality figs and DR), but that can be said for every toyline. I still love MOTUC and it's still worth it. Comparing it to any other action figure line out there, I'd be fooling myself by saying it was anything less than the best.
    My thoughts exactly....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    i'm affraid not being objective at all here.
    i'm mean, 4H touch is just so addictive.

#2. I don't like the CG debacle and I really wish they would do something to make the over $100 figures available again. I just signed up for the sub-lite and immediately discovered how incompetent Digital River is. But really otherwise I'm amazed at how nice these figures are!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    MOTUC is the best!!!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Overall i'm happy and content with the line in itself. I'm happy with how far we've come figure-wise and excited about the figures that are yet to be released as well. Without getting ahead of myself, i genuinely (and badly) hope that we can get the numbers for the CE sub in 2014.

Touch wood, i haven't had any issues re: shipping and am very happy i don't have to wait 5-6+ weeks anymore. With the figures themselves, i rarely have issues (touch wood) and am happy with them. I just feel that some decisions should have been different ~ for example, in my opinion, i'd rather Stonedar & Rokkon have the thigh-bands(?) instead of a second head being issued with Ram Man.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Snappy Threader
    Still lovin it.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    This may read kind of selfish but to be completely honest i'm upset that my very favourite characters are yet to be announced\produced. I have been collecting this since day 0 and i find it incredible that only about 1 or 2 (out of 10) of my must haves have been released yet. It has become a desperate wait and it's getting worse now that the line is narrowing so much to it's end (of vintage figures)

Kinda meh. Some figures I like, some figures I don't. The ones I like are what keep me in though.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

It's pure magic.

Thrilled!!!

Love the figures, love the selection, love the future we know of and all that it might hold. Woohoo!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    LOVE IT!!!

Couldn't be happier! Especially now that Club FILMation is coming!!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I feel a little left out in the cold, 'cause they're not doing toy line POP versions.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Still excited about MOTUC!! More vintage please.

I voted 2 and I will not stop buying MOTUC but i think there is room for improvement and every POP and NA fan knows what i am talking about!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    LOVE this line and couldn't be happier about it
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

I still love the line but some things annoy me. Still hope it continues on for some time though.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."